PDA

View Full Version : seth books

ellespirit
22-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Has any one read these and what do they think? I am an educated person yet I really struggle to understand follow and read them. I wish someone would do a summary already. Law is a walk in the park in comparison.

Love and light
Elle

dragon charms
22-07-2011, 02:04 PM
lol elle, your not kidding. Some of them are mentioned on this thread, beginning at #5.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19292

I could only read a bit before I got sleepy and needed a nap. Maybe good reading for vacation or summer, if you don't have anything else to do but rest:) lol

Internal Queries
22-07-2011, 02:15 PM
i've read most of Jane Robert's books. yeah ... Jane's stuff can be difficult to read. a lot of the info is pure data delivered in dry dissertation. i tended to trance out on pieces of information.

iolite
22-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I could not get thru any of the Seth books, but her Oversoul 7 trilogy covers a lot of the seth material, from what I understand. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Education of Oversoul 7", "The Further Education of Oversoul 7" and "Oversoul 7 and the Museum of Time."

dragon charms
22-07-2011, 03:54 PM
lol iolite,....I love your quote there! (earth/chocolate) haha The Seth books I hadn't read yet. Still on my reading list though :)

iolite
22-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks, saw it on a T-shirt a while back. The Oversoul 7 books are REALLY good! It's fiction, but covers soo much of the seth material... guides, higher self, astral projection, astral plane, death and reincarnation, time not being linear, channeling .. and other stuff I'm probably forgetting!!

dragon charms
23-07-2011, 12:27 AM
oh man really iolite? All the yummy stuff I like! Probably should take another trip over to amazon huh. lol

ellespirit
23-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Thank you for your replies. My guides keep directing me to them I know I have to read them, I'm just going to ask for more guidance and divine enlightenment first! Maybe baby steps one section at a time.

Internal Queries
23-07-2011, 01:01 PM
i keep a copy of "The Nature of Personal Reality" in the bathroom. you might be amazed and amused at how you can finish a whole book in small increments. lol

dragon charms
23-07-2011, 01:52 PM
i keep a copy of "The Nature of Personal Reality" in the bathroom. you might be amazed and amused at how you can finish a whole book in small increments. lol
hahaha, now why didn't I ever think of that one!

indiesongwriter
29-08-2011, 03:56 AM
The Seth books make the claim that the personality lives on after death and that it creates its own reality. In a lot of ways the Seth Material can be seen as a precursor to the Law of Attraction and the Secret - which took a lot of Seth ideas and put them in a more intelligible format. Not saying they directly copied Seth as the idea itself already existed, but Seth was the first channeled material I am aware of that popularized that idea.

Personally, I think its misunderstood a bit and don't fully ascribe to the law of attraction but thats just me. Seth also was the first channeled material I am aware of that said you have multiple present, past and future selves that exist simultaneously and that reincarnation is not necessarily linear. This idea didn't really resonate with me, but a lot of Seth's ideas did and they are worth a read. A lot of other Seth Material does line up with other stuff you might read by Edgar Cayce or Allan Kardec's "The Spirits" book, which is the first Spiritualist book I am aware of and certainly recommend as well.

SoulOfNaa
23-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I think I have all of them. LOL

Some are easier than others, but generally I get it. What jumps out at me is something that I need. Everything I go back and read parts again, I have new insights.

Great thing is, the stuff he says is not contradicted by other Entities, like Abraham (Ester Hicks) or Veronica (April Crawford). Its like they each are professors and have their way/style/focus to say the same things. Seth is like a graduate studies course with every minute detail. Not meant for everyone. And I don't think you will get what you are not ready for or what you don't need for that matter.

~Soul of Naa