PDA

View Full Version : Are you a believer that the world is God?

Thinker108
21-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Are you a believer that the world is God?

AngelicOrin
21-07-2011, 09:42 AM
To some extent yes, my view and belief is that God as a individual deity as a father-like creator...the Earth itself is a mother Goddess, the two of them creates everything on Earth - essences of life. That is why he is unknown, silent, merciful yet not...God is many things yet one, and so is the Goddess.

theophilus
21-07-2011, 02:29 PM
The world isn't God but was created by him. Its existence reveals a little bit of his power and wisdom.

Eudaimonist
21-07-2011, 02:38 PM

No.

It is enough for the world to be the world. Tacking on the label God doesn't add anything useful for me personally.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Time
21-07-2011, 02:51 PM
The world created us ( in our understanding), so yes... hence "mother earth"

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Well I think God is Everything that Was, Everything That Is, and Everything That Ever Will Be. The Alpha and Omega. So yes.

psychoslice
22-07-2011, 01:30 AM
No, the world is not god, the world is what IS, god is is just a concept applied to what IS, to believe that the world is god is to reduce what IS to a mere thought, this thought separates what IS into a dualistic concept, that is you and god, you being the believer and god being the world, take away you, take away god, and there you have what IS, but don't now get caught up in the what IS, there isn't even that.

mattie
22-07-2011, 02:47 AM
This depends on how one thinks of God. For me, the male parental deity micromanaging our lives is an ancient passe concept.

Changing Ideas About God- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=249240#poststop

If one considers the energies we call God the Universe, the world is part of the Universe, as are we. Interconnected. Being part of the Universe isn’t being the Universe, but it is OF the Universe, inextricably connected. The Universe manifesting in many ways including the world & us.

While the ideas that world is God & we are God aren’t exactly correct (90% correct), needing a bit more definition they are MUCH more correct than we & the world being separated from God (2% correct).

moke64916
22-07-2011, 03:09 PM
No, the world is not god, the world is what IS, god is is just a concept applied to what IS, to believe that the world is god is to reduce what IS to a mere thought, this thought separates what IS into a dualistic concept, that is you and god, you being the believer and god being the world, take away you, take away god, and there you have what IS, but don't now get caught up in the what IS, there isn't even that.
I'm confused and frankly don't understand what you mean by this? God does not have to be separate from us. We are all one. The Universe is God to me. The word God has been so misconceptualized throughout thousands of years.

Thinker108
23-07-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm confused and frankly don't understand what you mean by this? God does not have to be separate from us. We are all one. The Universe is God to me. The word God has been so misconceptualized throughout thousands of years.
Welcome Moke ,you are quite right.

Xan
23-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Look at it this way.

God is all there is,
which means all there is for anything to be made of.
The world, the universe, you and me are made of
this pure eternal conscious substance of love and of light that we sometimes call "God".

"God" is the source and essence of everything and everyone, no matter how they might appear to the surface mind.

Xan

Thinker108
23-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Look at it this way.

God is all there is,
this pure eternal conscious substance of love and of light that we sometimes call "God".

"God" is the source and essence of everything and everyone, no matter how they might appear to the surface mind.

Xan

You are very right, welcome

Miss Hepburn
23-07-2011, 03:49 AM
What he said.

Thinker108
23-07-2011, 03:56 AM
he expressed his thoughts. i think it is enough...

psychoslice
23-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Yes i agree, but as long as you label what IS, you are still separating your SELF, you believe in the label and will defend your label, there is no such thing as god, as soon as you say there is, you will then conceptualize this god, and your back on the wheel.

Miss Hepburn
23-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Look at it this way.

God is all there is,

Xan
Also, what she said...

My take added: Pure Consciousness that slowed It's vibration to be so slow
It looks like actual matter --- God is a Shapeshifter Extraordinaire.
Is God the World? Is my cooking me?
Is the ray the Sun?
Is a drop the ocean?

Is there a separation? Well, my cooking is not me and a drop is not the ocean -and the ray is not the Sun.

But it is all in all --- is the outside of the glass the inside of the glass?

:D :wink:

Miss Hepburn

moke64916
23-07-2011, 08:25 PM
God is me and you, the plants, the stars, the seeds that blossom into beauty. God is Everything. God is the unmanifested. The unmanifested is what allows the manifested to Be. If it were not for silence there would not be noise. The unmanifested allows everything to Be. At our core we are the unmanifested as well.

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Wow...I feel so alone with how I see God, and believe God to be... ):

Xan
24-07-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm interested in how you see and believe, Orin.

Xan

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm interested in how you see and believe, Orin.

Xan

look at the second post of this thread :hug2:

TzuJanLi
24-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Greetings..

Look at it this way.

God is all there is,

Xan
Why do you think people should do anything other than simply look? Why not encourage the clarity that will reveal what 'is', as opposed to telling people what to see? I do not intend conflict by this inquiry, i am sincerely curious.. why involve the confusion over which 'God' you mean, and what authority you have to tell others how it 'is'.. in the last sentence you would appoint your beliefs superior, "no matter how they might appear".. i have more faith in you that this, Xan..

Be well..

Verunia
24-07-2011, 01:36 AM
No. I think the term God is so overrated I can't even bear it lol..

All I know is I'm here, happy, and full of love. Learning and growing, doing the best I can... I often wonder if there is anything else.

Xan
24-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Why do you think people should do anything other than simply look? Why not encourage the clarity that will reveal what 'is', as opposed to telling people what to see? I do not intend conflict by this inquiry, i am sincerely curious.. why involve the confusion over which 'God' you mean, and what authority you have to tell others how it 'is'.. in the last sentence you would appoint your beliefs superior, "no matter how they might appear".. i have more faith in you that this, Xan..

Bob, you and I communicate so differently that I have given up on any attempt at understanding between us. Oh well.....

blessings
Xan

Xan
24-07-2011, 02:02 AM
look at the second post of this thread :hug2:
You said... To some extent yes, my view and belief is that God as a individual deity as a father-like creator...the Earth itself is a mother Goddess, the two of them creates everything on Earth - essences of life. That is why he is unknown, silent, merciful yet not...God is many things yet one, and so is the Goddess.

From my view, the only difference from my view is you see God as He and She, whereas I can only use It.

We are the same really, in infinite silent love.

Xan

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 02:09 AM
You said... To some extent yes, my view and belief is that God as a individual deity as a father-like creator...the Earth itself is a mother Goddess, the two of them creates everything on Earth - essences of life. That is why he is unknown, silent, merciful yet not...God is many things yet one, and so is the Goddess.

From my view, the only difference from my view is you see God as He and She, whereas I can only use It.

We are the same really, in infinite silent love.

Xan

Yep eternal, silent love. My "he" "she" way of thinking may be an extension of the influence the Ancient Egyptians have on me.

Xan
24-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Yep eternal, silent love. My "he" "she" way of thinking may be an extension of the influence the Ancient Egyptians have on me.
Sure... and most religions speak of divine Father and Mother, yin and yang, etc.. I see these as expressions of Pure Infinite Source rather than the source itself, if that makes sense to you.

In Hinduism, which has a pantheon of gods both male and female, the source of all of them and all the universe is called Brahman... pure formless beingness. That's what I experience as "God".

Xan

TzuJanLi
24-07-2011, 02:29 AM
Greetings..

Bob, you and I communicate so differently that I have given up on any attempt at understanding between us. Oh well.....

blessings
Xan
Yes, we do communicate differently, Xan.. but, i have faith in your ability to see clearly, regardless of our differences.. you have posted some things that can only come from crystal clarity, i admire that quality..

Be well..

Moonglow
24-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Hello,

Just a curious question.

If God is everything, then isn't he/she/it also all the thoughts expressed here?

Isn't it the individual or group that picks and choose and creates the division?

God is all this and where the division may lie in how one defines it?

Peace

Xan
24-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Just a curious question.

If God is everything, then isn't he/she/it also all the thoughts expressed here?

Isn't it the individual or group that picks and choose and creates the division?

God is all this and where the division may lie in how one defines it?

Peace
Saying God is the source and essence of everything is not to say every expression that arises from it is clear and directly from that perfection.

In my view, through forgetting our true nature our human thoughts and perceptions have become quite distorted.

Xan

Moonglow
24-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Saying God is the source and essence of everything is not to say every expression that arises from it is clear and directly from that perfection.

In my view, through forgetting our true nature our human thoughts and perceptions have become quite distorted.

Xan

Hello Xan,

Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps I am having a different view on this and am not disputing what you present.

It does bring some thoughts.

Isn't the journey or exploration to discovering what you term "true self" and how I am looking at it is self worthiness or potential, part of our own creative gifts?

Could it be that we have not forgotten God, but we have forgotten ourselves?

The way I see it God is the creative energy that flows through all and we are of this and with this our thoughts which are also creation and adds to it.

So yes I can agree it is at times distorted thinking that strays us away, but not from our "true Self"(presence), which I see is also this exploring and perhaps struggle, at times, but from ourselves and taking responsibility and trust in that we are of it.

Hope I made sense.

So perhaps a little difference in how I am interpreting this.

Peace and Blessings

Xan
24-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Isn't the journey or exploration to discovering what you term "true self" and how I am looking at it is self worthiness or potential, part of our own creative gifts?

Could it be that we have not forgotten God, but we have forgotten ourselves?

The way I see it God is the creative energy that flows through all and we are of this and with this our thoughts which are also creation and adds to it.

So yes I can agree it is at times distorted thinking that strays us away, but not from our "true Self"(presence), which I see is also this exploring and perhaps struggle, at times, but from ourselves and taking responsibility and trust in that we are of it.

Hope I made sense.

So perhaps a little difference in how I am interpreting this.

Moonglow... The core difference lies in how we are thinking of the 'true self'. What I'm describing is not our creative potential but our essence of being. Realizing our potential as a creative being is a higher way of living than merely carrying out our conditioning, but true self as I see it is not something that is creating but the uncreated.

In my view forgetting God and forgetting our true nature are one and the same. We can't actually lose the presence except in awareness, and awakening means we not only trust it but become aware in it, as it.

Xan

Moonglow
24-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Moonglow... The core difference lies in how we are thinking of the 'true self'. What I'm describing is not our creative potential but our essence of being. Realizing our potential as a creative being is a higher way of living than merely carrying out our conditioning, but true self as I see it is not something that is creating but the uncreated.

In my view forgetting God and forgetting our true nature are one and the same. We can't actually lose the presence except in awareness, and awakening means we not only trust it but become aware in it, as it.

Xan

Hello Xan,

How is this "awakening" helping us and is it to bring more unity?

I realize that the presence flows through all, including me, yet here I am in this world which reflects our dualities, which seem to also be of this presence.

I am just trying to gain a better understanding of this because and no offense intended, just my view on this, this is just another religious view. Not in the organized religion way, but in the action of presenting a spiritual way of being this. Which at times conflicts with me. So I question.

Well perhaps I will leave at this. I do respect and appreciate what you bring and does bring to me some things to reflect on.

Peace and Blessings

Xan
24-07-2011, 04:33 AM
Moonglow: How is this "awakening" helping us and is it to bring more unity?

We awaken - become aware in - the inherent unity that exists underneath and includes the surface appearance of duality. Directly and intimately.

Rather than knowing 'about' it, we 'know' it experientially. It's a subtle shift in awareness that gradually transforms us and our lives.

Xan

Moonglow
24-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Moonglow: How is this "awakening" helping us and is it to bring more unity?

We awaken - become aware in - the inherent unity that exists underneath and includes the surface appearance of duality. Directly and intimately.

Rather than knowing 'about' it, we 'know' it experientially. It's a subtle shift in awareness that gradually transforms us and our lives.

Xan

Hello Xan,

Thank you for this reply. It does resonate with me and is something to keep attention on.

Appreciate the exchange.

Peace and Blessings

Michael B.
24-07-2011, 05:36 AM
I'm a Christian, and so my faith is in Yehweh, or whatever you may like to call him. I do acknowledge that my faith is not the only one, and respect the beliefs of others. As for the question itself, no I don't think God is the world. The world itself might be more aware then it seems, but I don't really feel it would add up that way.

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm a Christian, and so my faith is in Yehweh, or whatever you may like to call him. I do acknowledge that my faith is not the only one, and respect the beliefs of others. As for the question itself, no I don't think God is the world. The world itself might be more aware then it seems, but I don't really feel it would add up that way.

Thank you Michael for your post, very refreshing to see different p.o.v. espeically in this thread...where the p.o.v's are quite similar :) Seriously, it is~!

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Sure... and most religions speak of divine Father and Mother, yin and yang, etc.. I see these as expressions of Pure Infinite Source rather than the source itself, if that makes sense to you.

In Hinduism, which has a pantheon of gods both male and female, the source of all of them and all the universe is called Brahman... pure formless beingness. That's what I experience as "God".

Xan

I love Hinduism, I have always viewed Brahman to be the creator god of the pantheon. But Lord Shiva, and Lady Shakti to the ultimate embodiment of male and female respectively. Then again, I lean more towards Shavisim than mainstream Hinduism in beleifs. But to me the entity of "God" to me is still separate. My belief is a big mix and match of different beliefs.

Miss Hepburn
24-07-2011, 12:23 PM
My belief is a big mix and match of different beliefs.

:smile: Mine, too.
Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Taoist, Native American, generally Eastern...

Nice Aquinas quote, btw.

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 12:28 PM
:smile: Mine, too.
Christian, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Taoist, Native American, generally Eastern...

Nice Aquinas quote, btw.

^-^ Mine is a mix of Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Ancient Greek, Egyptian mainly.

And thank you, I love it, a quote that is so true...

Xan
24-07-2011, 10:14 PM
AngelicOrin: I love Hinduism, I have always viewed Brahman to be the creator god of the pantheon.

That would be Brahma, Orin. Brahman is the formless source from which all forms arise. And Brahman is Atman, our own soul essence.

But to me the entity of "God" to me is still separate.

To me the divine is both universal and formless, and personal entity. People who have near death experiences often report meeting a brilliant, all loving, communicating light form that they call "God". I'd like to meet up with this one too.

Xan

AngelicOrin
24-07-2011, 11:16 PM
AngelicOrin: I love Hinduism, I have always viewed Brahman to be the creator god of the pantheon.

That would be Brahma, Orin. Brahman is the formless source from which all forms arise. And Brahman is Atman, our own soul essence.

rofl - opps, thats is who I meant Brahma...thats what happens when I start thinking critically with things like this after a tiring, busy weekend! :D

But to me the entity of "God" to me is still separate.

To me the divine is both universal and formless, and personal entity. People who have near death experiences often report meeting a brilliant, all loving, communicating light form that they call "God". I'd like to meet up with this one too.

Xan

That would be interesting.

Animus27
25-07-2011, 12:07 AM
No. I am not a pantheist, and I am slightly panentheistic, but I don't use the term 'god' for the panentheistic part of my beliefs.

As a polytheist I view the world being animated and maintained by various deities. They keep the world running, enrich, and destroy it, and so forth. But I don't usually view them as being the same as the thing they animate or bring forth into existence. For example: Zeus isn't the thunderstorm - the thunderstorm is a theophanic extension of the being people call Zeus.

Or something like that. My exact thoughts on it change every so often.

As for the little mention of panentheism. I think everything has some form of unity at it's most basic levels. Gods, men, stars and snails all come from the same principle of unity. Which I'd like to think exists outside of our own cosmos. A good metaphor would be our universe is a bubble. And there is air both in and outside of the bubble.

Thinker108
27-07-2011, 04:07 AM
I am believer that the world is God. but I want to know more….