PDA

View Full Version : Awareness

Enlightener
20-07-2011, 09:55 AM
So, what is awareness? We'll start with that :)

not human
20-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi. Awareness to me is cognitive. Lay your body against a wall & experience the mass, pressure & density of the wall. Now what is that ?

mattie
20-07-2011, 10:47 AM
The computer dictionary defines aware as ‘having knowledge or perception of a situation or fact’ & ‘concerned and well-informed about a particular situation or development’ w/ awareness as the noun.

Perception of a situation seems the most basic meaning.

Enlightener
20-07-2011, 01:27 PM
How about this?

"As you may be aware, there are many levels of awareness. Awareness verifies Consciousness. And in verifying Consciousness, is also the operating moderatum of what determines what level of Consciousness you are at.
We have many levels of conscious awareness operating on Earth. We have the Elementals; the Trees, the Earth, the Water and the Fire, and the Wind. We have Animals, who are aware to a certain point, and there are even levels of awareness between the different species here on Earth. And then we have Humans. Whose awareness can grow with the right amount of input, and output.
Of course we can talk about what is Astral and what is Spiritual and Mental. But we shall keep this dialogue to what is physical.
I believe that the first stage of awareness for humans, is, unawareness. There are still many people who I see that are still Unconscious, even at this point in the evolution of Humanity.
Now, you may have had a spiritual awakening, you may have woken up from the Dream. And you may be progressing along the path of Consciousness, becoming more aware of yourself and others as the days and months go by. And that is a good thing, that is what is happening on Earth at this time. Bless you, you have started on the Path. You may be far down the Road, or you may be just beginning, either way I hope that this serves you.

So, yes, the first stage of Awareness is Unawareness. That is, you are unaware of the greater field of Life, apart from that which is your self-serving Ego, the Illusion that has been created by the mind. In this, you are living through your Ego. Your sole cause in Life will be to meet the Ego's needs. Until you awaken.
And once you awaken, you will become Aware. And this is a great thing, this is a joyous moment, and will lead to more joyous experiences down the Road. Because, once you have sparked the essence of Awareness, it will continue to build momentum, it will continue to unfold before you, and you will begin to become more and more aware. You are now serving the Soul.
Of course there will be struggle. There will always be struggle. Until there isn't.

Maybe there is great struggle in your Life, and you are seeking a higher way, a better way, a more peaceful way. That is good, that is a sign of awakening. You have realized that struggle needn't be struggle at all, even if it is, it will not be once you are aware of what Life is.
So the next step after Unawareness is, naturally, Awareness. And the next step after this, is to be Aware that you are Aware."

E

Enlightener
20-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Hi. Awareness to me is cognitive. Lay your body against a wall & experience the mass, pressure & density of the wall. Now what is that ?

So you're saying that sense perception comes from awareness?

Enlightener
20-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Perception of a situation seems the most basic meaning.

I agree with that eh, to become aware of something is to get perception around it.

moke64916
20-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Awareness is of course cognitive like the other guy said. But awareness is being aware of your unconscious behavior and thought processes. Awareness is key. For that if he is not, he is a blind man, and knows not what he does. Therefore cannot change. It is when he sees is when the magic begins. Being aware of ALL THOUGHTS, EMOTIONS, AND REACTIONS, and being the silent observer of them all is what I do. When one is aware of everything going on within, he then has the power of choice.

Thrare
20-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I like to think of awareness as "conscious perception".

Enlightener
20-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Awareness is of course cognitive like the other guy said. But awareness is being aware of your unconscious behavior and thought processes. Awareness is key. For that if he is not, he is a blind man, and knows not what he does. Therefore cannot change. It is when he sees is when the magic begins. Being aware of ALL THOUGHTS, EMOTIONS, AND REACTIONS, and being the silent observer of them all is what I do. When one is aware of everything going on within, he then has the power of choice.

Nice :D

sound
20-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I like to think of awareness as "conscious perception".

I like this :) ....

Eudaimonist
20-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I know it when I see it. ;)

eudaimonia,

Mark

BlueSky
20-07-2011, 02:19 PM

What makes you think you could know what it is? I mean really, if we could know then there wouldn't be hundreds of versions of what people claim to know.
Are you asking what ideas do you have on what it is or are you asking what is it?
James

BlueSky
20-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not sure, but I know it when I see it. ;)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Nice! :smile:

moke64916
20-07-2011, 02:49 PM
What makes you think you could know what it is? I mean really, if we could know then there wouldn't be hundreds of versions of what people claim to know.
Are you asking what ideas do you have on what it is or are you asking what is it?
James
Like the other guy said. "Conscious perception."

Psychologically speaking, our experiences and outside stimuli create what we know. Children tend to think more on the lines of Conceptual Abstraction. Adults tend to answer a question that could be knew based on prier knowledge. Each individuals perception of the question may be differently worded, but we are all reached the same general conclusion.

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 10:31 AM
James

Awareness is something tangible, is it not? You can measure different levels of awareness through perception.

What do you mean hundreds of versions? Are you talking of the many books and philosophers that have come and gone throughout the ages?

I am asking both questions; what is your idea, and also what is it?

:)

E

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Like the other guy said. "Conscious perception."

Psychologically speaking, our experiences and outside stimuli create what we know. Children tend to think more on the lines of Conceptual Abstraction. Adults tend to answer a question that could be knew based on prier knowledge. Each individuals perception of the question may be differently worded, but we are all reached the same general conclusion.

What about inside stimuli, does that come under the umbrella of perception?

Natalia
21-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello Enlightner :smile:

When i come across this word i break it down like this Awareness - Aware of senses. It's all in that one word. All senses of mind, body, spirit.

Bright Blessings :color:

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Awareness is something tangible, is it not? You can measure different levels of awareness through perception.

What do you mean hundreds of versions? Are you talking of the many books and philosophers that have come and gone throughout the ages?

I am asking both questions; what is your idea, and also what is it?

:)

E

I don't know what "awareness" is. I know that I sense being aware. I don't know what it is or what is sensing it. There are many ideas of what it is and what is sensing it. The ideas are the hundred different versions.
What I do know is life goes on and whatever this sense of being aware is continues regardless of if I attempt to define it or not. After 52 years of trying, I see the futility in assigning ideas to it or making claims of knowing what things like awareness are and instead I chose to just enjoy it.

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Hmm, that's interesting. I have a very viscid sense of what my awareness is, I guess you could say I am aware of my awareness hehe. I'm able to identify it, in myself, and also in others. I'm not really sure how to explain it, I guess you could say it is a very subjective perceiving quality, I can just sense that it is 'there'. I can kind of differentiate between what is sensing it and also what is 'aware', in me.

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi Enlightener,
We all sense it and sense being aware of it and sense it in others...but we don't all claim to know "what" it is. That's all i am saying.
James

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:13 PM
What about inside stimuli, does that come under the umbrella of perception?
We get our inside stimuli through outside stimuli. We grow up as children, learn how to talk, values, etc from outside stimuli. Therefore creating inside stimuli. But it comes from outside stimuli. Our inside stimuli as in conceptual abstraction comes from past experience, yet the issue presented to us is new, yet be can think in ways of abstraction based on prior knowledge. Yet the new circumstances are new, and not exactly the same as past experience. That is the beauty of it. You can either look at it as non-mediated view which is S-R theory. Mediated view or S-O-R theory, or Cognitive View. I think cognitive view is best and most credible. There are experiments on people that gather the evidence for it. Psychology is just like science or biology. There are tests to back up psychology. Making it true. For biologists and chemists it would be done in the lab. Psychology gathers it's evidence with people in experiments.

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:21 PM
There would not be inside stimuli if it were not from outside stimuli. Look it up in the textbooks if you don't believe me.

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Hi Moke,
The experience of having 3 daughters has taught me that when first born, there is much there in the way of uniqueness long before outside stimuli has an opportunity to do its thing.
Just thought I'd share that.
James

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi Enlightener,
We all sense it and sense being aware of it and sense it in others...but we don't all claim to know "what" it is. That's all i am saying.
James

Oh awesome, I'm glad you said that, cheers. I'm starting to get what you are saying now, thanks

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh awesome, I'm glad you said that, cheers. I'm starting to get what you are saying now, thanks

You're welcome...................and I thank you for the discussion and your thoughts.:smile:

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 02:29 PM
We get our inside stimuli through outside stimuli. We grow up as children, learn how to talk, values, etc from outside stimuli. Therefore creating inside stimuli. But it comes from outside stimuli. Our inside stimuli as in conceptual abstraction comes from past experience, yet the issue presented to us is new, yet be can think in ways of abstraction based on prior knowledge. Yet the new circumstances are new, and not exactly the same as past experience. That is the beauty of it. You can either look at it as non-mediated view which is S-R theory. Mediated view or S-O-R theory, or Cognitive View. I think cognitive view is best and most credible. There are experiments on people that gather the evidence for it. Psychology is just like science or biology. There are tests to back up psychology. Making it true. For biologists and chemists it would be done in the lab. Psychology gathers it's evidence with people in experiments.

I share Whiteshaman's view on this. I hold the thought that inside stimuli comes first, and outer comes second. I'm not really one for psychology textbooks, cause I think psychology is a load of s**t. But that aside, I get the sense, from my own experience, that inner comes before outer. Inner is the true world, outer is an illusion, if you want to talk spiritually.

Enlightener
21-07-2011, 02:30 PM
You're welcome...................and I thank you for the discussion and your thoughts.:smile:

Always welcome :)

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19023

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19081

moke64916
21-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes your right, psychology is just a bunch of bul that was made up for no reason. It's all a big lie. They just spend **** loads of money on psychology research for nothing. :D

Deusdrum
21-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I share Whiteshaman's view on this. I hold the thought that inside stimuli comes first, and outer comes second. I'm not really one for psychology textbooks, cause I think psychology is a load of s**t. But that aside, I get the sense, from my own experience, that inner comes before outer. Inner is the true world, outer is an illusion, if you want to talk spiritually.
What Psychology are you speaking of? Psychology has enriched my understanding of life, and really i think metaphysics/Spirituality/Psychology are all quite intertwined.

I'm not sure obviously what experience you have with Psychology and you are welcome to your opinion of course, but i think Psychology has a lot to say about awareness, and i'm not sure i'm a fan of people being so dismissive of it.

Unlike so much so called 'Spirituality' out there these days, it is open to criticism and testing and trial of it's findings which constantly refines and adjusts and improves it's usefulness.

Kind of a condescending attitude if you ask me. Psychology has help ground me Spiritually. To each their own though i guess. I would agree that there are a lot of Psychologists who are sort of pompous arrogant know it all types, but that to me has more to do with the culture and atmosphere of the education system than anything in my opinion. Little to sterile for me.

I do agree that awareness/perception works from the inside out, aka shrodinger's cat, the wave particle phenomenon that has been scientifically proven to show that light acts as a particle when it is observed, and as a wave when it is not observed. Just by observing something we affect it, or seem to affect it. I believe we do not look out on the world, but that the world is already within us and everything we are aware of is already within the mind. We are not in our bodies, but they are an extension of our total being. Awareness is the focus point of consciousness.

peace ~

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Greetings..

I understand that awareness is the capacity to perceive, both outward into the Cosmos, and inward into the Cosmos.. if awareness remains simple confusion is avoided, but.. try to make it appear as if it is the same as consciousness, and confusion appears, too.. i prefer simplicity..

Be well..

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Awareness = the abilty to perceive Tzu

To me that says there is something to perceive without me.
The capacity to perceive always includes everything about me.
My perception is what is and if there is something beyond my perception then I am not and cannot perceive it.

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Greetings..

Awareness = the abilty to perceive Tzu

To me that says there is something to perceive without me.
The capacity to perceive always includes everything about me.
My perception is what is and if there is something beyond my perception then I am not and cannot perceive it.
Nah.. it is what it says, the ability to perceive.. i'm surprised at this abstraction of meaning after observing the dialogue between you and Lisa.. i really don't follow the connection you are trying to make about 'beyond your perception'.. there are places you have never been, so they are "beyond your perception", but.. you 'can' perceive them.. or, it's very possible i am just too simplistic for this depth of understanding..

Be well..

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Greetings..

Nah.. it is what it says, the ability to perceive.. i'm surprised at this abstraction of meaning after observing the dialogue between you and Lisa.. i really don't follow the connection you are trying to make about 'beyond your perception'.. there are places you have never been, so they are "beyond your perception", but.. you 'can' perceive them.. or, it's very possible i am just too simplistic for this depth of understanding..

Be well..

or what I am suggesting is even more simple.............there is nothing to perceive beyond our abilty to perceive. This eliminates degrees or capacities as you put it.
You seem to suggest that there is a world beyond mind.
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I don't think so.

There are no places that i have never been. How would I know that.......
I can certainly create those places but I don't need to.

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Greetings..

or what I am suggesting is even more simple.............there is nothing to perceive beyond our abilty to perceive. This eliminates degrees or capacities as you put it.
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I don't think so.
I am suggesting to simply look, and see what is so.. to do this i rely on awareness, the ability to perceive, and.. that's all, just look, and see what is so.. i do not wish to get into the inevitable quibbling about 'mind and beyond', that's just another degree of separation..

Be well..

Lisa
21-07-2011, 05:31 PM

There is a world beyond mind.
It's called The Real World.

I suspect that you will disagree. I accept that.

But can you accept that to me this is true?

Closer than hands and feet true.

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Greetings..

There are no places that i have never been. How would I know that.......
I can certainly create those places but I don't need to.
Really? we might not be entering into a productive discussion.. so, let's agree to disagree..

Be well..

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Greetings..

I am suggesting to simply look, and see what is so.. to do this i rely on awareness, the ability to perceive, and.. that's all, just look, and see what is so.. i do not wish to get into the inevitable quibbling about 'mind and beyond', that's just another degree of separation..

Be well..

I look and I see what is so and that is that what I see is my perception of what I see based on my life, my past, my beliefs, my experiences, my intellect, my personality, my intuition and so on.

Please don’t tell me to go “deeper” or I will most certainly scream…lol

I’m not suggesting that there is beyond mind, I was asking you if that is what you are saying. I’m saying quite possibly it is all mind including stillness that you see.
In which case….we come away with awe with the potential of mind…that’s all.
Now let’s just go and use it. ...i say.

I’ll end by saying that if I understand you correctly, that you could be right or possibly I don’t want to see this simplicity or possibly I am an idiot or possibly what you see is no different then what others who don’t see are seeing……….ideas believed and the minds capacity to create our world.

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Greetings..

Really? we might not be entering into a productive discussion.. so, let's agree to disagree..

Be well..

I'll ask again first. How would I know that there are places that I have never been?

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Greetings..

I look and I see what is so and that is that what I see is my perception of what I see based on my life, my past, my beliefs, my experiences, my intellect, my personality, my intuition and so on.

Please don’t tell me to go “deeper” or I will most certainly scream…lol

I’m not suggesting that there is beyond mind, I was asking you if that is what you are saying. I’m saying quite possibly it is all mind including stillness that you see.
In which case….we come away with awe with the potential of mind…that’s all.
Now let’s just go and use it. ...i say.

I’ll end by saying that if I understand you correctly, that you could be right or possibly I don’t want to see this simplicity or possibly I am an idiot or possibly what you see is no different then what others who don’t see are seeing……….ideas believed and the minds capacity to create our world.
I'm just looking, James.. sometimes i see stuff that doesn't make sense, sometimes i see stuff that seems perfect, and.. i keep looking.. if i suppose i am 'right', then i'm not looking, i'm stuck.. if i suppose you're wrong, i'm not looking, i'm stuck.. so, i ask questions (looking), and when it seems that someone wants to get stuck, i try to find a way to get back to looking.. sometimes i share what i 'see', but i am most interested in seeing more..

Be well..

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Greetings..

I'll ask again first. How would I know that there are places that I have never been?
I have pictures of places i have not been, i assume they exist, but.. i want to 'see' it myself.. so i can know.. i'm just looking, James, first at pictures, then asking questions (looking), then.. as my curiosity is inspired, i may make the journey to 'see' for myself, so i can know.. it's all just looking to see what 'is'..

Be well..

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Greetings..

I'm just looking, James.. sometimes i see stuff that doesn't make sense, sometimes i see stuff that seems perfect, and.. i keep looking.. if i suppose i am 'right', then i'm not looking, i'm stuck.. if i suppose you're wrong, i'm not looking, i'm stuck.. so, i ask questions (looking), and when it seems that someone wants to get stuck, i try to find a way to get back to looking.. sometimes i share what i 'see', but i am most interested in seeing more..

Be well..

I most certainly respect a man who looks with all his being in search of seeing beyond what he sees as our limitations of seeing.
I'd like to believe there is more and that we can "find" it but I guess I did that already...........
I don't really "see" in the sense that you say we can see Tzu.............so i can't really relate except to share that I don't need anything other than what is.
If there comes a time when what 'is' is needing to see what you see then i will look

moke64916
21-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Because once I realize my true nature I become aware or awareness helps us to realize our true nature
Being aware of awareness might manifest into more awareness of awareness, which in my opinion is not Our true nature. It is the unmanifested. Your still thinking. Your true emotions of Bliss happen when the mind is still, and present in the moment. At least for me that's when it happens.

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Greetings..

I have pictures of places i have not been, i assume they exist, but.. i want to 'see' it myself.. so i can know.. i'm just looking, James, first at pictures, then asking questions (looking), then.. as my curiosity is inspired, i may make the journey to 'see' for myself, so i can know.. it's all just looking to see what 'is'..

Be well..

I can respect that although this looking has nothing to do with looking for something you have pictures of. If the pictures are of the type that are in your mind then it is no different than Andrews 5th dimension............let me know if you see a 5th dimension...:smile:

moke64916
21-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Greetings..

Be well..
I usually congratulate people when they tell me, "I don't know who I am anymore." Then they look perplexed and ask, "are you saying it is a good thing to confused?". I ask them to investigate. What does it mean to be confused? "I don't know" is not confusion. Confusion is: "I don't know, but should know" or "I don't know, but I need to know.". Is it possible to let go of the beliefs that you should or need to know who you are? In other words, can you cease looking to conceptual definitions to give you a sense of self? Can you stop looking for THOUGHT for an identity? When let go of beliefs that you should or need to know who you are, what hapoens to confusion? Suddenly it is gone. When you fully accept that you don't know, you enter a state of peace and clarity closer to who you are than thought could ever be.

BlueSky
21-07-2011, 06:26 PM
In other words, can you cease looking to conceptual definitions to give you a sense of self? Can you stop looking for THOUGHT for an identity? Moke

Yes you can do that.
Now I have a question: could it be possible with you that there is nothing "wrong" with a sense of self. That belief is hanging onto something as well.

I have to go.....talk to you tomorrow.
James

TzuJanLi
21-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Greetings..

I usually congratulate people when they tell me, "I don't know who I am anymore." Then they look perplexed and ask, "are you saying it is a good thing to confused?". I ask them to investigate. What does it mean to be confused? "I don't know" is not confusion. Confusion is: "I don't know, but should know" or "I don't know, but I need to know.". Is it possible to let go of the beliefs that you should or need to know who you are? In other words, can you cease looking to conceptual definitions to give you a sense of self? Can you stop looking for THOUGHT for an identity? When let go of beliefs that you should or need to know who you are, what hapoens to confusion? Suddenly it is gone. When you fully accept that you don't know, you enter a state of peace and clarity closer to who you are than thought could ever be.
I'm just looking, Moke.. i don't know what i will see, and i have no expectations.. if people need to think i'm looking for 'something' that's cool, but.. i'm just paying attention to Life, very sincerely..

Be well..

andrew g
21-07-2011, 06:31 PM
I can respect that although this looking has nothing to do with looking for something you have pictures of. If the pictures are of the type that are in your mind then it is no different than Andrews 5th dimension............let me know if you see a 5th dimension...:smile:

That sounds like an invitation for me to talk about the 5th dimension hehe....ok I will spare you....I have blackberry and apple pie waiting and that is more important right now!

moke64916
21-07-2011, 06:59 PM
In other words, can you cease looking to conceptual definitions to give you a sense of self? Can you stop looking for THOUGHT for an identity? Moke

Yes you can do that.
Now I have a question: could it be possible with you that there is nothing "wrong" with a sense of self. That belief is hanging onto something as well.

I have to go.....talk to you tomorrow.
James
Who are you telling this to. I am Present in the moment and feel wonderful right now. I am 'Being' right now and feel wonderful. I have disaccociated with thought. I'm not thinking, just Being. Yes as I write these words I use my mind to think, now that I'm done with this post I'm going back to Being. Peace

moke64916
21-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Whiteshamon, i wonder what drove you to ask that question. I wonder what drove you to ask that question to me. "is it ego? Did someone get a response from ego trying to question me? Maybe someone felt threatened by my posts."

I will know if there is a reply. Only time will tell. I choose to post no more on this thread. Peace.

mattie
21-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Awareness & consciousness are synonyms even though these can have nuances when discussing spiritual/energetic awareness.

You seem to be using consciousness as our being spiritually aware or awakened. This is one of many stages.

Ego seems to be presented as being an energy that is autonomous from self & manipulative. Couldn’t disagree more.

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

Self/ego is just our ability to function as an individual. Our mind seems to be seen as autonomous as well. Our mind is only creating exactly what we choose. It & our individuality aren’t operating as some sort of mythical trickster.

That self functions to meet self’s needs isn’t odd. Who is going to take care of us besides us? Magenta Pixie describes self’s function in our spiritual expansion (ascension) as, “The ingredients needed for Ascension preparation are not the shedding or transcending of the ego but the integration of the ego, realising it is the ego that has provided you with the ability to recognise and see the divinity within yourself, even whilst it appears on the surface to be in opposition to that divinity.”

Even when we awaken, then further expand to the stage called enlightenment our individuality isn’t problematic at all. Self exists quite nicely w/ HS. We’ve been in a duality environment for sooooo many centuries (Piscean era) that we often think it MUST be the either or of self OR HS when self + HS is easily achievable.

Maybe there is great struggle in your Life, and you are seeking a higher way, a better way, a more peaceful way. That is good, that is a sign of awakening. ...

I have no struggle whatsoever about self + HS, or for that matter, self + SELF (entire extended energy field).
I fully respect the portion of my energies that are here experiencing individuality.

The awakening stage for me was awhile back.

BlueSky
22-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Whiteshamon, i wonder what drove you to ask that question. I wonder what drove you to ask that question to me. "is it ego? Did someone get a response from ego trying to question me? Maybe someone felt threatened by my posts."

I will know if there is a reply. Only time will tell. I choose to post no more on this thread. Peace.

You underestimate me my young friend. My question was to show that letting go of all beliefs, including what you may believe about self is helpful.
Sorry if you took that wrong.
I'm really not out to get you ya know.................your post suggest that having a sense of self is wrong..thats all i am saying. Where does that come from? Who are you without that thought?

Enlightener
22-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Awareness & consciousness are synonyms even though these can have nuances when discussing spiritual/energetic awareness.

You seem to be using consciousness as our being spiritually aware or awakened. This is one of many stages.

Ego seems to be presented as being an energy that is autonomous from self & manipulative. Couldn’t disagree more.

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

Self/ego is just our ability to function as an individual. Our mind seems to be seen as autonomous as well. Our mind is only creating exactly what we choose. It & our individuality aren’t operating as some sort of mythical trickster.

That self functions to meet self’s needs isn’t odd. Who is going to take care of us besides us? Magenta Pixie describes self’s function in our spiritual expansion (ascension) as, “The ingredients needed for Ascension preparation are not the shedding or transcending of the ego but the integration of the ego, realising it is the ego that has provided you with the ability to recognise and see the divinity within yourself, even whilst it appears on the surface to be in opposition to that divinity.”

Even when we awaken, then further expand to the stage called enlightenment our individuality isn’t problematic at all. Self exists quite nicely w/ HS. We’ve been in a duality environment for sooooo many centuries (Piscean era) that we often think it MUST be the either or of self OR HS when self + HS is easily achievable.

I have no struggle whatsoever about self + HS, or for that matter, self + SELF (entire extended energy field).
I fully respect the portion of my energies that are here experiencing individuality.

The awakening stage for me was awhile back.

I have the idea that awareness "cleanses" the ego, it surrounds it in it's own 'beingness', and the ego dissolves.
I know that we have different ideas about the ego, and your ideas are somewhat new to my understanding, though I am also familiar with them in a certain way. Though I think that statement may still stand, what do you think?

moke64916
22-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I have the idea that awareness "cleanses" the ego, it surrounds it in it's own 'beingness', and the ego dissolves.
I know that we have different ideas about the ego, and your ideas are somewhat new to my understanding, though I am also familiar with them in a certain way. Though I think that statement may still stand, what do you think?
Yes. Awareness helps tremendiously. The ego cannot survive in the Present moment. When you are aware of it, it makes a gap or a new dimension of thinking. Then awareness brings you to the power of choice. Being Present in the moment is when ego dissolves. It cannot survive in the Present. It lives off of time and disunity.

Mystique Enigma
24-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Why does one limit ones self to one's own Knowledge or understanding ?

Enlightener
24-07-2011, 07:18 AM
What do you mean?

psychoslice
24-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Good question...

sound
24-07-2011, 07:46 AM
I feel that knowledge and understanding is what we do share quite effectively ... it is experience which is more difficult ... although we certainly do experience collectively too ... there are many overlaps ... belief is probably our biggest inhibitor .... and believing that is probably not a good start lol ...

Mystique Enigma
24-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Perhaps i could draw your interest in a simple story ....

The beggar and the bread
A beggar came and sat before me. "I want bread," he said.
"How wise you are," I assured him. "Bread is what you need. And you have come to the right bakery." So I pulled my cookbook down from my shelf and began to tell him all I knew about bread.
I spoke of flour and wheat, of grain and barley. My knowledge impressed even me as I cited the measurements and recipe. When I looked up, I was surprised to see he wasn't smiling. "I just want bread," he said.
"How wise you are." I applauded his choice. "Follow me, and I'll show you our bakery." Down the hallowed halls I guided him, pausing to point out the rooms where the dough is prepared and the ovens where the bread is baked.
"No one has such facilities. We have bread for every need. But here is the best part," I proclaimed as I pushed open two swinging doors. "This is our room of inspiration." I knew he was moved as we stepped into the auditorium full of stained-glass windows.
The beggar didn't speak. I understood his silence. With my arm around his shoulder, I whispered, "It overwhelms me as well." I then leaped to the podium and struck my favorite pose behind the lectern.
"People come from miles to hear me speak. Once a week, my workers gather, and I read to them the recipe from the cookbook of life."
By now the beggar had taken a seat on the front row. I knew what he wanted. "would you like to hear me?"
"No," he said, "but I would like some bread."
"How wise you are," I replied. And I led him to the front door of the bakery.
"What I have to say next is very important," I told him as we stood outside.
"Up and down this street you will find many bakeries. But take heed; they dont serve the true bread. I know of one who adds two spoons of salt rather than one. I know of another whose oven is three degrees too hot. They may call it bread," I warned, "but it's not according to the book."
The beggar turned and began walking away. "Don't you want bread?" I asked him.
He stopped, looked back at me, and shrugged, "I guess I lost my appetite."
I shook my head and returned to my office. "What a shame," I said to myself. "The world just isn't hungry for true bread anymore."

What do you mean?

Gem
24-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Who are you telling this to. I am Present in the moment and feel wonderful right now. I am 'Being' right now and feel wonderful. I have disaccociated with thought. I'm not thinking, just Being. Yes as I write these words I use my mind to think, now that I'm done with this post I'm going back to Being. Peace

You'll be back. Hehehehe.

Enlightener
24-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Perhaps i could draw your interest in a simple story ....

The beggar and the bread
A beggar came and sat before me. "I want bread," he said.
"How wise you are," I assured him. "Bread is what you need. And you have come to the right bakery." So I pulled my cookbook down from my shelf and began to tell him all I knew about bread.
I spoke of flour and wheat, of grain and barley. My knowledge impressed even me as I cited the measurements and recipe. When I looked up, I was surprised to see he wasn't smiling. "I just want bread," he said.
"How wise you are." I applauded his choice. "Follow me, and I'll show you our bakery." Down the hallowed halls I guided him, pausing to point out the rooms where the dough is prepared and the ovens where the bread is baked.
"No one has such facilities. We have bread for every need. But here is the best part," I proclaimed as I pushed open two swinging doors. "This is our room of inspiration." I knew he was moved as we stepped into the auditorium full of stained-glass windows.
The beggar didn't speak. I understood his silence. With my arm around his shoulder, I whispered, "It overwhelms me as well." I then leaped to the podium and struck my favorite pose behind the lectern.
"People come from miles to hear me speak. Once a week, my workers gather, and I read to them the recipe from the cookbook of life."
By now the beggar had taken a seat on the front row. I knew what he wanted. "would you like to hear me?"
"No," he said, "but I would like some bread."
"How wise you are," I replied. And I led him to the front door of the bakery.
"What I have to say next is very important," I told him as we stood outside.
"Up and down this street you will find many bakeries. But take heed; they dont serve the true bread. I know of one who adds two spoons of salt rather than one. I know of another whose oven is three degrees too hot. They may call it bread," I warned, "but it's not according to the book."
The beggar turned and began walking away. "Don't you want bread?" I asked him.
He stopped, looked back at me, and shrugged, "I guess I lost my appetite."
I shook my head and returned to my office. "What a shame," I said to myself. "The world just isn't hungry for true bread anymore."

Haha nice story.

Ok, now I want you to treat me as a child, and tell it to me plainly.

So you're saying that there's no point in trying to figure out what awareness is, just to be aware?

Cheers E

moke64916
25-07-2011, 02:10 PM
As far as one is going to get is awareness of awareness and that's it. Anything more would be thinking, not Being.

Gem
25-07-2011, 02:12 PM
As far as one is going to get is awareness of awareness and that's it. Anything more would be thinking, not Being.

I knew you would. Hehehe

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I dunno......I'm no genius but if you have to "be" aware or "be" present, than it's just an act.
True being wouldn't notice.........

Enlightener
25-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I dunno......I'm no genius but if you have to "be" aware or "be" present, than it's just an act.

What about self-awareness, is it not highly advanced to be aware that you are aware, or even aware that you are aware that you are aware?

In other words, you would notice, but it would be no big deal.

Enlightener
25-07-2011, 03:31 PM

You. What about awareness of awareness of awareness??

BlueSky
25-07-2011, 03:47 PM
What about self-awareness, is it not highly advanced to be aware that you are aware, or even aware that you are aware that you are aware?

In other words, you would notice, but it would be no big deal.

I dunno but I do notice and it is no big deal.....:smile:

Sentientno1
25-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Enlightner: "You are now serving the Soul.'

Would you please clarify your understanding of soul? There is more then one version of the word.

Enlightener
25-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Enlightner: "You are now serving the Soul.'

Would you please clarify your understanding of soul? There is more then one version of the word.

Hmm, well, the soul is what surrounds the earthly body, it is the distinct being that you are, it is what you are, in essence.

Sentientno1
25-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Forgot to put this in:

Awareness definition : What is commonly called 'god', divinity, the one.

Thank you for replying to my question E...will try to get back to this, will be having a house full of company for the next few days.

Enlightener
25-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Forgot to put this in:

Thank you for replying to my question E...will try to get back to this, will be having a house full of company for the next few days.

Cool, thanks

TzuJanLi
25-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Greetings..

Forgot to put this in:

Uh Oh.. Wikipedia says:
Awareness is the state or ability to perceive, to feel, or to be conscious of events, objects or sensory patterns. In this level of consciousness, sense data can be confirmed by an observer without necessarily implying understanding. More broadly, it is the state or quality of being aware of something. In biological psychology, awareness is defined as a human's or an animal's perception and cognitive reaction to a condition or event.
Wiki is a collaboration of common understandings.. do you suggest that redefining 'awareness' as 'god' is a more appropriate way to avoid confusion? why wouldn't you just say 'god'?

Be well..

Sentientno1
25-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Tzu...deepest apologies for offending you and the great arbitrator of definition,wikipedia.

i am sorry i followed my conscience and listed my own definition in favor of one that was more appropriate and less likely to cause any controversy. i can see how harmful this can be among people who believe everything has some degree of awareness.

Gem
25-07-2011, 11:29 PM

I don't have to a genius... but you first you have to be aware and be present before you put on an act... but I guess putting 'be' in inverted commas makes it completely meaningless anyway.

Mystique Enigma
11-08-2011, 04:14 PM
One day the Master asked, "What, in your opinion, is the most important of all religious questions?"
He got many answers:
"Does God exist?"
"Who is God?"
"What is the path to God?"
"Is there a life after death?"
"No," said the Master. "The most important question is: 'Who am I?'"
The disciples got some idea of what he was hinting at when they overheard him talking to a preacher:
Master: "So then, according to you, when you die your soul or spirit will be in heaven?"
Preacher: "Yes."
Master: "And your body will be in the grave?"
Preacher: "Yes."
Master: "And where, may I ask, will you be?"

Hmm, well, the soul is what surrounds the earthly body, it is the distinct being that you are, it is what you are, in essence.

moke64916
11-08-2011, 04:41 PM
When one is fully aware he is fully present in the moment.