PDA

View Full Version : Spirit with a sense of humour

Emmalevine
17-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Do you get the impression the spirit world has a strong sense of humour? :D

The other night I was lying in bed unable to sleep. My son was next to me as he isn't sleeping well in his room at the moment. I felt overwhelmed with love and appreciation for him. Then I started thinking about being a single mum for over 5 years now and while I'm fortunate his dad helps out, it's very hard especially with my poor health. THEN I innocently thought to myself the other peeve of being single is the lack of sex. Didn't ponder this too much - just turned over and went to sleep.

I woke up with the Christmas Carol 'Silent Night' in my head :smile: Needless to say, I haven't heard it or thought about it for ages.

Then, last night I hads a lot of visual psychic activity going on while trying to sleep. It was very comforting, but it suddenly struck me that I wasn't getting the voices in my ears so much and that perhaps this was because I was developing more visually.

This morning I woke up with 'Video Killed The Radio Star' in my head, a song I haven't heard in many years.

I'm wondering what I will hear next!

alleigh
18-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I love that it is coming to you through music, whatever "it" may be!

Deusdrum
18-07-2011, 02:06 PM
oh man that is funny because i will either a) hear a song directly pertaining to my situation or b) have a song out of the blue pop into my head that describes the situation i am going through, much like your examples.

I cannot remember any of them at the moment, except one where i was watching a movie where Matthew Mcgonahagh says; "God hates a coward." then as i was thinking about the saying and what it's implications were before bed, the moment that thought came into my head, the one song out of over 6000 on my ipod named "God Hates a Coward" comes on in the shuffle. (Tomahawk is the band, Mike Patton from Faith No More is in it)

I also had my ipod on shuffle once, recently actually, shuffle 4 different songs by completely different artists in a row with the title of the song being 'Monster'. It happened for another song title/group of songs with the same name, 3 or 4 times in a row also.

With songs popping into my head, i think it is so funny and quite remarkable to actually witness the power of the unconscious mind at work. A kind of coming together of the conscious & unconscious mind when you realize that the song that popped into your head is directly & specifically related to what you are experiencing at the moment. Amazing.

Emmalevine
18-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you both, yes it is pretty amazing! It happens to me so often now but never ceases to amaze me. Really, the process is the same as dreams - a creative bridge of conscious and unconscious images and messages.

Kaere
18-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I get songs all the time - waking up with them in my head. Like this morning.

Yes, I agree spirit has a sense of humour. LOL Video Killed The Radio Star.... funneee... :D

Emmalevine
18-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I recieve a lot of songs too although I had a recent spell of not getting so many. I love it.

Yeah Video Killed The Radio Star was brilliantly apt - absolutely couldn't believe it!

Kaere
24-07-2011, 04:41 PM
So yeah... sense of humour! I can't be sure this wasn't just coming out of my own head and thoughts but it came out of nowhere and made me giggle.

I was washing the bathroom floor the other day - not with a mop, but handwashing so I could get the baseboards at the same time. My kids were going mental and doing the "mom mom mom mom mom" thing gah! driving me nuts. I was wanting to get it done fast cause... well, who liked washing floors, right? And I got lyrics in my head by the Black Eyed Peas song Hey Mama. Just the one line though... "get on the floor and move your booty mama".