PDA

View Full Version : Euphoria to feeling as spiritual as a sponge

Storm222
16-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello, First post.

I have a degree in hypnotherapy and always interested in psychology and as a result i have done hypnotherapy/meditation on and of for 3 years. I have always been kind of spiritual but when it is strong usualy something happens to destroy it. I know it is a question of faith but i am a really logical based guy in my thinking. Very lateral and i guess spirituality isn't like that. I guess i have put a lot of faith in it only to be disapointed by it or have some nut job or charlatun ruin it for me.

With my meditation i reached a state of euphoria about two years ago and it was bliss!! A real spiritual thing and the whole universe kinda made sence vibe going on. It only lasted a couple of days until my ex took my good mood away lol. Well this week i have had the craziests of weeks. So many wierd things happened that i really started to believe in stuff again. My meditation went well and i actually reached euphoria twice! Two nights in a row after like two years of trying. I know the key to success was believeing! believing in what it didn't seem to matter it was just a case of believeing!

Well hitting euphoria obviously made the next day amazing. I was sooo happy and felt in tune with everything and the world. This feeling has slowley faded and my logic brain is taking over. I'm starting to rationalise all the things that happened and reject anything that i can't explain. Its so annoying. It's like my subconscious won't admit the change or something. So today i feel quite low and lonely and as spiritual as a spunge!

Any thoughts to whats going on?

I was wondering if its new maybe i need time to rest or get used to it. Maybe its like working out. You need to take rest days. I have been very down lately and life is very stressful so was last week just an exscape into fantasy and spirituality. This seems to happen quite a lot. have a really big high and slowley it kind of fades and dissapears. Its so frustrating that Wednesday i felt a million bucks and in tune with the world and so happy i could cry and a couple of days later as spiritual as a sponge! any thoughts i would be interested to hear.

Emmalevine
16-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, I experience these ups and downs a lot. Like you say, complete euphoria for a time, especially after having certain experiences, but soon afterwards my rational brain kicks in and starts analysing and even judging it all. In the worst scenarios this judging can last days or weeks.

I'm not an expert on how to manage this but I think it's quite normal because the mind loves to rationalise and analyse. Doubts and reasoning are very human traits. I try and ride the storm by noting down my spiritual experiences and feelings of euphoria so I can retain them as far as possible. That helps. Keeping a regular time of meditation is also good. Keeping your awareness in the present moment, away from thought-based living, can also be very benefical. This involves being aware of your body, senses and surroundings, 'tuning in' to where you are right now. This is a spiritual practice in itself.

The mind will always try to analyse, I think the trick is to let those thoughts go without attaching too much emphasis on them. The real experiences, real truth, come from the heart.

moke64916
16-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Hello, First post.

I have a degree in hypnotherapy and always interested in psychology and as a result i have done hypnotherapy/meditation on and of for 3 years. I have always been kind of spiritual but when it is strong usualy something happens to destroy it. I know it is a question of faith but i am a really logical based guy in my thinking. Very lateral and i guess spirituality isn't like that. I guess i have put a lot of faith in it only to be disapointed by it or have some nut job or charlatun ruin it for me.

With my meditation i reached a state of euphoria about two years ago and it was bliss!! A real spiritual thing and the whole universe kinda made sence vibe going on. It only lasted a couple of days until my ex took my good mood away lol. Well this week i have had the craziests of weeks. So many wierd things happened that i really started to believe in stuff again. My meditation went well and i actually reached euphoria twice! Two nights in a row after like two years of trying. I know the key to success was believeing! believing in what it didn't seem to matter it was just a case of believeing!

Well hitting euphoria obviously made the next day amazing. I was sooo happy and felt in tune with everything and the world. This feeling has slowley faded and my logic brain is taking over. I'm starting to rationalise all the things that happened and reject anything that i can't explain. Its so annoying. It's like my subconscious won't admit the change or something. So today i feel quite low and lonely and as spiritual as a spunge!

Any thoughts to whats going on?

I was wondering if its new maybe i need time to rest or get used to it. Maybe its like working out. You need to take rest days. I have been very down lately and life is very stressful so was last week just an exscape into fantasy and spirituality. This seems to happen quite a lot. have a really big high and slowley it kind of fades and dissapears. Its so frustrating that Wednesday i felt a million bucks and in tune with the world and so happy i could cry and a couple of days later as spiritual as a sponge! any thoughts i would be interested to hear.
Well it takes time to undo the way we think. I think you felt bliss because you were not thinking as often. It could be your subconscious, or it could just be thinking in general. Stay Present in the moment at all times, and those euphoria feelings will stay and not fade away. I too study psychology. Developmental psychology.

moke64916
16-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Here is one of my threads on the conscious, subconscious, and superconscious mind. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18979

Shantyaikya
16-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I've always seen (in my head) this as a pendulum swinging trying to come to a center. So that's it, just trying to find your center. That's where you can be blissful and unaffected. Atleast I think so, I haven't been there yet.

moke64916
16-07-2011, 01:23 PM
When you are SO FULLY present in the moment that you receive very few thoughts is when you will feel bliss again. I feel it a lot. It happens in the Present moment, when thoughts stop and the mind stops thinking.