PDA

View Full Version : Cognitive View(Psychology)

moke64916
15-07-2011, 04:35 PM
The word Cognitive can be referred to perception or thinking. Cog-ni-tive.
The Cognitive orientation posits the existence of an inductive mechanism, similar to that which operates on rule-governed linguistic input, by which organisms acquire knowledge of the regularities of structured sequences of environmental events. 'Experiences' are "used as examples from general rule systems which capture the regularities of these expressions are induced."

Generality is achieved, not through loss of "Irrelevant" information, but from the coding of information into more abstract view.

There are studies showing a subset of eight simple words. Which can be used for a total of 16 total words. It indicated that internal structure of a set of stimuli contained in a set. They wrote that a subset of words should be more difficult to learn the TOTAL set itself even though it is a small set of words, because the INTERNAL STRUCTURE of the subsets give the subjects something to learn which the total set does not.

In other words leaning a subset requires that a subject learn a dimensional component components of the total set and, in addition, learn the CORRELATION structure of the subset itself.

Stimuli meaning outside world. We don't always necessarily learn just from PERSONAL experience, but others WORDS as well. We read book, and may not know the full meaning of words, yet you say them in sentences and it just makes sense. That is conceptual abstraction thinking. We may take in information from others words and use that to learn as well. What I wrote above is just another way of explaining subset words or set of simple/small words. A set of small words, to figure out the total of 16 words that COULD be learned. That would be conceptual abstraction thinking. I could go deeper and explain why we are able to do this. How we get to the dynamics of Cognitive thinking. My other thread explains it a little bit.

This is all psychology. It's not science fiction. Now I use what I learn from Ph.D level textbooks and I am going to come up with a revolutionary way of teaching psychology. I envision this future business of mine, and I see that it could be taught worldwide once publicity is reached. I'll have to get a patent on my business. It will need funding, but my intuition tells me it will be huge and making money in the $200 million range and higher. Eventually being taught in schools. So I am getting my Ph.D in psychology and Masters in business. I know people and how businessman operate, and I know that they would buy into this idea. They are addicted to making more money. I also think they will try and buy my patent from me at some point, but I won't do it. I'll probably have to hire an attorney if they tried to buy me out. Business can be brutal. But the point of my idea is to help people as a whole. From observing the way psychologists and counselors teach, I came up with a whole new idea. One that has not been taught before. Maybe someone has thought about it before, but have no da** idea how to start it up. It also helps when you know people that have connnections to big business, politicians, attorney generals, etc. People that are way up there. All what I need is the education. I already know how my idea will be work. I just need a status of being a Ph.D. It makes it easier with an education. Get's your foot in the door. Education doesn't mean you are guaranteed a job, it just helps get your foot in the door. Knowing psychology and human behavior I know how people operate, business men. You can be sneaky with these businessman if you understand the full dynamics how they work. Knowledge is my best friend.

moke64916
15-07-2011, 06:24 PM
When the ability of a subjects to discriminate between positive and negative instances or just between two different classes of stimuli is an ultimate consequence of a subjects learning what stimuli go into each class, it is a secondary consequence that does not define or establish the essence of concept leaning.

Subsequent stimuli events qualify as "exemplars" of the acquired idea or concept to the extent that they are consistent with its meaning. The rationale of these studies adheres to the general tenets of cognitive psychology but derives more DIRECTLY ON THE WORKS OF MEMORY.

moke64916
15-07-2011, 06:56 PM
It is shown that memory may not be exact as presented. You give two people the same 2 sentences. Their perception may differ. It's more about perception of text rather than text 'thought- text'.

moke64916
16-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I guess I should speak with more simplicity. Does anyone understand what I am saying in these posts? Sometimes I get deep in thought and speak with high words to explain it, because if I don't this thread would of been super long. Big words explain more, with shorter sentences needed.