PDA

View Full Version : Spirits/Ghosts Cause Mental Illness/Anguish?

Stellar_Steve
12-07-2011, 11:52 PM
So my childhood home had some spirits. They could be heard walking around upstairs and playing and laughing. They never seemed to cause any harm to us other than making my father run from the house once when he was alone because he was afraid of the noises (a very brute man and no nonsense kind of man so it was a big deal for him to take flight in response to the noises).

Recently, my mother sold her home and showed me the deed. Under the first owner (two owners before my parents), it listed the man's name and under reason for leaving it just said: "Lunatic". This is the official deed and I assume the terminology was common back in the 19th century to describe someone with some psychosis or mental illness.

My question is - is it possible that spirits can seemingly be harmless in occupying a house but still cause someone mental anguish? I know that when I lived there I suffered from some depression and other issues that seemed to resolve when I moved out and into my first apartment.

Any experience with this or ideas?

Spiritlite
12-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes I Do beleive that they can cause mental anguish.
It's the energy they are projecting.
Spiritlite.
-

nightowl
12-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes it is very possible. The energy imbalance that can occur can cause an unstable atmosphere. I have never lived in a house with spirits but I have been in places were their energy lingers and it can definitely be felt and mess with ones mind.

nightowl

Gracey
13-07-2011, 01:01 AM
So my childhood home had some spirits. They could be heard walking around upstairs and playing and laughing. They never seemed to cause any harm to us other than making my father run from the house once when he was alone because he was afraid of the noises (a very brute man and no nonsense kind of man so it was a big deal for him to take flight in response to the noises).

Recently, my mother sold her home and showed me the deed. Under the first owner (two owners before my parents), it listed the man's name and under reason for leaving it just said: "Lunatic". This is the official deed and I assume the terminology was common back in the 19th century to describe someone with some psychosis or mental illness.

My question is - is it possible that spirits can seemingly be harmless in occupying a house but still cause someone mental anguish? I know that when I lived there I suffered from some depression and other issues that seemed to resolve when I moved out and into my first apartment.

Any experience with this or ideas?

o yes it can affect you. lunatic huh, how bizarre.

i grew up in a house with a spirit and it use to freak my dad out too. then in adult life (state of ga) i lived in a house that had an angry spirit. every night my daughter got bit by a spider in the same spot and my husband at the time and i were emotionally affected, when we moved all that went away.

cheeky_monkey
13-07-2011, 01:14 AM
I definately believe external energies can cause mental trauma to a person. I heard a voice once (not sure alive or dead person) who caused my ear to leak an acidic substance which needed medical attention. That caused me much anguish and i refuse to sleep in that room now. Other instances have also caused me to almost loose my mind, well some would argue i did and have lost my mind.

Prayer has helped though, and thinking good thoughts and trying to live so that i don't try to hurt anyone whether they try to hurt me or not. I feel more like God approves when i walk away or turn the other cheek to situations where people try to arouse anger in me, and many people have tried to arouse anger in me.

I've heard of wierd things happening to those with intentions to hurt others who dabble in the occult.

Stellar_Steve
13-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Very interesting. When I was 5 or 6, my parents bought a Polaroid camera (all the rage at the time). I remember they took some pictures the night they bought it and then left it in the living room overnight. When we awoke, there was a picture that was hanging out of the camera that none of us took. It is a picture of the living room with 3 blurry human-like figures (they looked smokey in the picture). Two of them looked entwined as if they were dancing and one was looking at them from afar and frowning. But - most of the noises were the noises of children laughing and playing so not sure how these three entities played into it all...

cheeky_monkey
13-07-2011, 03:18 AM
That is weird and reminds me of some physical mediumship experiments I've read about where they get two chalk boards, put them together so you can't see the boards (they're closed like a book) and when they are eventually opened to look at, there are writing on them. I forget the specific term used to describe this method, something like slate writing.

On my 19th birthday i heard a child whisper my name twice whilst i tried reading the aura of a tree. I assume it was a child, either that or a woman whispering. That was something else that led me to ponder the meaning and sent me crazy a bit.

I've read other stories where polaroid cameras have captured images of ghosts and orbs. Strange indeed, and I've read whether it's true or not that digital cameras aren't as able to capture ghostly images. Not sure whether it's true.

mattie
13-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Vetting Nonphysical Entities-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097