PDA

View Full Version : Understanding evil :-)

3dnow
12-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi forum,

Yes evil again, I am dealing with a lot of it so it is my favorite topic. Hope some is interested and I have some feedback.

When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil. We try to see it as good. Note here that real evil is the one that appears to be good, so we may easily be trapped. Trying to believe that it is good is nothing but loss of time and we give it power. So, the first step is understanding and accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

The next step is understanding that evil can't do anything to us if we ourself don't want it. Out of fear we may do bad things to ourselves (in our thoughts) and even ask for more evil. This is not because we are crazy, this is because we fear. - Nothing wrong with that -. The solution to this is self forgiveness whatever we do to ourself in the face of evil. Self-forgiveness (including fear) is real strength, shows that we are free of others' (good or evil) judgment.

Another mistake is admiring the work of evil. I realized that little children can do what evil entities do (cheating, lying, tormenting, etc.), so there is nothing special with them. Realizing this is also important.

Finally, I am not at this stage yet, but I feel like I will finally have compassion for evil.

Thanks!

3dnow

NightSpirit
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
mmm...sounds like you have a handle on it...good luck with changing it around :smile:

Natalia
12-07-2011, 09:54 AM
'When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil. We try to see it as good. This is nothing but loss of time. EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad'

Oh yeah totally understand evil..like someone that decides they will stab another person to death. I totally get it!!

NO. I don't. I'm not sure what you are getting at with the word 'evil' or in what kind of terms you mean. Whats to understand? And who are these 'we' people that see it as good? Please dont put me in that box.

Anyways like NS said...good luck with your journey of understanding.

Bright Blessings :color:

3dnow
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
'When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil. We try to see it as good. This is nothing but loss of time. EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad'

Oh yeah totally understand evil..like someone that decides they will stab another person to death. I totally get it!!

NO. I don't. I'm not sure what you are getting at with the word 'evil' or in what kind of terms you mean. Whats to understand? And who are these 'we' people that see it as good? Please dont put me in that box.

Anyways like NS said...good luck with your journey of understanding.

Thanks to NS and you.

Yes lol this is not what I meant. Well the problem is that the worst evil is the one that appears to be good. This is what I meant. Understanding and accepting that it is real evil.

3dnow

Natalia
12-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Hmmm ok. I'm going to need an example :tongue: Please and thanks :wink:

3dnow
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Hmmm ok. I'm going to need an example :tongue: Please and thanks :wink:
Well I think the same is true for real human beings but I am mostly dealing with spiritual entities (astral I guess). The biblical God for example appears to be so strong and good, wants your good etc. (I am not religious or anything like that but I admit I was trapped).

This guy is the real evil. The worst possible.

Another example could be the ex-presidents of some countries... :wink:

3dnow

Greenslade
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
So, first step is accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

When you get past good and bad, evil tends to fade away into the distance like a scared spectre. We create evil, we give it power and suddenly it takes over our whole Lives. Paranoia rools. (And yes, 'rools' was intentionally spelt that way). Stop giving it energy and you stop giving it Life. Believe it exists and all you will do is perpetuate it and make it into a monster. Beware the monster doesn't bite your backside.

3dnow
12-07-2011, 10:29 AM
When you get past good and bad, evil tends to fade away into the distance like a scared spectre. We create evil, we give it power and suddenly it takes over our whole Lives. Paranoia rools. (And yes, 'rools' was intentionally spelt that way). Stop giving it energy and you stop giving it Life. Believe it exists and all you will do is perpetuate it and make it into a monster. Beware the monster doesn't bite your backside.

Well this may be true but it is too late for me. I didn't enter in this game intentionally. I have to continue until I forget, hence forgive.

I am also facing my religious fears (realized that I had religious fears all my life unconsciously) and the real me appears, so I am also happy with this process.

3dnow

mattie
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil.

Why do you refuse to see it as a voluntarily negative energy?

We try to see it as good.

There are certain schools of thought that feel that fixing things is by insisting that everything is good.
This is a considerable amount of focus on external things rather than how we perceive it.

This is nothing but loss of time and by seeing as good we give power to evil. So, first step is accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

Good/evil. Very polarized view.
Others may be operating at a very low frequency (What we call evil.), but this is their journey. We give power to negative energies by choosing to react in fear.

The next step, is understanding that evil can't do anything to you if you yourself don't want it. ... The solution to this is self forgiveness whatever we do to ourself in the face of evil. Self-forgiveness is real strength, shows that we are free of others' (good or evil) judgment.

You’re right that we have the option to select what emotions & thoughts we have. We can even have the initial fear feeling, but still decline to have the ensuing fear emotion, the part we voluntarily generate. In time as we deal w/ the emotion of fear, the initial feeling of fear will also lessen, then simply not exist for us.

It is useful to have patience & compassion w/ self as we work through our fear & limitation issues. There is really nothing to forgive. To forgive infers that we have done something wrong that merits forgiveness. We are here to live & learn, not be some sort of spiritually perfect automaton. We all work through these issues at some point in our journey, whether it is this lifetime or another one. If forgiveness is a gateway to accessing the internal wisdom of having patience & compassion for self this is OK, but move past self needing to be forgiven for not handing things like moving past fear or other issues as fast as one might want to simply realizing this is part of your learning process. All of this is a learning process.

I also realized that little children can do what evil entities do, so there is nothing special with them.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Can you explain more about this?

Finally, I am not at this stage yet, but I feel like I will finally have compassion for evil.

Mostly have compassion for self. That which is perceived as evil is on its own journey. It might be useful to examine the good/evil duality perspective. Most things fall in-between these extreme polarities. One of the ways we give things power is when we use highly polarized language. The next time one tends to think of things as ‘evil’ replace this word w/ not useful or not productive. Likewise, we often aggrandize things as ‘good’ when they are simply useful.

Well the problem is that the worst evil is the one that appears to be good. This is what I meant. Understanding and accepting that it is real evil.

Always be willing to TRUST your gut feeling about this stuff. If it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.

Natalia
12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I see.

I cant say much. So wait for it................................................ ..........:dink:

mattie
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
...When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil.

We try to see it as good.

There are certain schools of thought that feel that fixing things is by insisting that everything is good.
This is a considerable amount of focus on external things rather than how we perceive it.

This is nothing but loss of time and by seeing as good we give power to evil. So, first step is accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

Others may be operating at a very low frequency (What we call evil.), but this is their journey. We give power to negative energies by choosing to react in fear.

The next step, is understanding that evil can't do anything to you if you yourself don't want it. ... The solution to this is self forgiveness whatever we do to ourself in the face of evil. Self-forgiveness is real strength, shows that we are free of others' (good or evil) judgment.

You’re right that we have the option to select what emotions & thoughts we have. We can even have the initial fear feeling, but still decline to have the ensuing fear emotion, the part we voluntarily generate. In time as we deal w/ the emotion of fear, the initial feeling of fear will also lessen, then simply not exist for us.

It is useful to have patience & compassion w/ self as we work through our fear & limitation issues. There is really nothing to forgive. To forgive infers that we have done something wrong that needs to be forgiven. We are here to live & learn, not be some sort of spiritually perfect automaton. We all work through these issues at some point in our journey, whether it is this lifetime or another one. If forgiveness is a gateway to accessing the internal wisdom of having patience & compassion for self this is OK, but move past self needing to be forgiven for not handing things like moving past fear or other issues as fast as one might want to simply realizing this is part of your learning process. All of this is a learning process.

I also realized that little children can do what evil entities do, so there is nothing special with them.

3dnow[/QUOTE] Finally, I am not at this stage yet, but I feel like I will finally have compassion for evil. [/QUOTE]

Mostly have compassion for self. That which is perceived as evil is on its own journey. It might be useful to examine the good/evil duality perspective. Most things fall in-between these extreme polarities. One of the ways we give things power is when we use highly polarized language. The next time one tends to think of things as ‘evil’ replace this word w/ not useful or not productive. Likewise, we often aggrandize things as ‘good’ when they are simply useful.

3dnow[/QUOTE] Well the problem is that the worst evil is the one that appears to be good. This is what I meant. Understanding and accepting that it is real evil. [/QUOTE]

Always be willing to TRUST your gut feeling about this stuff. If it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 11:25 AM
i tend to try to trace emotional/ intuitive reaction back to the base instinct from which it arises. "evil" is a threat or a perceived threat to personal or species survival. "evil" is that which we fear. it's as simple as that. though humans can manifest all kinds of complicated versions of "evil" the instinctual self preserving fear we may feel remains simple.

if you were a self aware mouse a cat would be evil incarnate.

Emmalevine
12-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I like Deepak Chopra's view, which is there is no 'good' vs 'evil,' only different levels of consciousness.

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I like Deepak Chopra's view, which is there is no 'good' vs 'evil,' only different levels of consciousness.

well sure but the fear of "evil" is based in survival instincts. when humans became self aware and imaginative those basic instincts moved into the arena of "spirit" and became superstition.

Aquarian
12-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I see your Deepak and raise you one allegedly ascended master. Yogananda was perfectly clear about the existence of evil and even met Satan in the flesh.

Of course, Satan would have created fear so being afraid of him is essentially worship.

3dnow - is your entity more or less evil than mine (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17404)?

3dnow
12-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi Mattie,

Negative energy negative entity is the same for me.

I tried that. I said myself if these are happening to me it must be necessary.

Agreed.

Yes and there is not only real fear, we sometimes choose to fear. It is a habit.

It is useful to have patience & compassion w/ self as we work through our fear & limitation issues. There is really nothing to forgive. To forgive infers that we have done something wrong that merits forgiveness. We are here to live & learn, not be some sort of spiritually perfect automaton. We all work through these issues at some point in our journey, whether it is this lifetime or another one. If forgiveness is a gateway to accessing the internal wisdom of having patience & compassion for self this is OK, but move past self needing to be forgiven for not handing things like moving past fear or other issues as fast as one might want to simply realizing this is part of your learning process. All of this is a learning process.

Yes by self-forgiveness I mean not beating ourself.

Fear also should be self-forgiven. No problem being fearful.

Well think about it, what they do negative entities? They cheat, lie, torture, try to scare by changing appearance, which are even easier telepathically. Nothing special with this. Honestly I tell you, there was a part of me who admired the evil's work. No problem with that but now I see that they have nothing special. I would rather admire those who design rockets and send to mars, etc. :smile:

True.

Always be willing to TRUST your gut feeling about this stuff. If it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t. [/quote]

Right.

3dnow

3dnow
12-07-2011, 12:21 PM
I see your Deepak and raise you one allegedly ascended master. Yogananda was perfectly clear about the existence of evil and even met Satan in the flesh.

Of course, Satan would have created fear so being afraid of him is essentially worship.

3dnow - is your entity more or less evil than mine (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D17404)?

Hi Aquarian I don't know. Good luck to you too.

3dnow

Sundialed
12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
evil ain't bad, i would never have the chance to become a better person if i weren't tested with d'evils

the only thing wrong with the negative forces of the world right now is that they are very strong and clear about making sure we don't make it, and stay in this materially driven illusion we are living. they need to be transformed with love because only love can heal negativity.

what matters first though is healing all negativity within me with love. every time it arises i send it to my heart, breathe and focus and forgive and understand.

if only i could remember the wisdom of love i wouldn't be blinded from time to time. i guess hating your ego's is ego as well. the neg of anger.

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
"evil" = threat.

i suppose it's up to the individual or culture to decide what is threatening.

Sundialed
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
"evil" = threat.

i suppose it's up to the individual or culture to decide what is threatening.

exactly, if the europeans came over and shared there culture instead of enslaved everybody they wouldn't have been an evil! they messed up the welcoming mat that's for sure.

moke64916
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi forum,

Yes evil again, I am dealing with a lot of it so it is my favorite topic. Hope some is interested and I have some feedback.

When we (at least me) see evil, out of fear, we tend to refuse that it is evil. We try to see it as good. Note here that real evil is the one that appears to be good, so we may easily be trapped. Trying to believe that it is good is nothing but loss of time and we give it power. So, the first step is understanding and accepting that EVIL IS EVIL. It is bad.

The next step is understanding that evil can't do anything to us if we ourself don't want it. Out of fear we may do bad things to ourselves (in our thoughts) and even ask for more evil. This is not because we are crazy, this is because we fear. - Nothing wrong with that -. The solution to this is self forgiveness whatever we do to ourself in the face of evil. Self-forgiveness (including fear) is real strength, shows that we are free of others' (good or evil) judgment.

Another mistake is admiring the work of evil. I realized that little children can do what evil entities do (cheating, lying, tormenting, etc.), so there is nothing special with them. Realizing this is also important.

Thanks!

3dnow
I have no response to anymore of your evil threads. Spiritual people do not believe in evil. Like I said before it has to do with religion. So I am done speaking. Peace.

3dnow
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I have no response to anymore of your evil threads. Spiritual people do not believe in evil. Like I said before it has to do with religion. So I am done speaking. Peace.

Yes sir.

3dnow

northstar
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah... evil is a tuffy... the only thing i can tell you is there 'is no' duality in the heavens (good-evil right-wrong)... but there 'is' duality in mankind...

evil is a discriptatory word that we have decided to use as a discription for 'not only is it wrong, but it is really really wrong, a crime against humanity'... so the concept we form matches the energy we presume would be equal in force...

energy is energy... it has no force or meaning until we put intent into it... now... if you could take that same energy and match it to the word spiritual... you would become a power person... (dont know why i said that)...

but look at it this way... first we all come from the same place... one species, one energy, the same (this is how you love your enemy)... what we decide down here in life is what we decide down here in life (free-will)...

now there is a spirit in the heavens that 'plays the role' of the bad guy, satan, the devil, whatever... so why are the powers of the dark side (so to speak) so easy to attain... be-cause satan doesnt question your intent, he just gives it to you... but from the light side (so to speak) you have to give a real good reason before they empower you...

just keep in mind... in life after life... it all comes out in the wash...

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
hmmm ya know what's interesting? as i was reading and participatng in this thread it never occurred to me to include myself in "evilness". only to view it as an external threat to me and mine.

northstar
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
relativity IQ?... hmmm.... (chuckle)

Sundialed
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
hmmm ya know what's interesting? as i was reading and participatng in this thread it never occurred to me to include myself in "evilness". only to view it as an external threat to me and mine.

the sources of weakness and strength lie within

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
well, i do know i have a capacity to be a threat. just ask my ex-husband. :icon_twisted: **evil snicker**

northstar
12-07-2011, 05:10 PM
lol...

yup... one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter...

Enlightener
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Yes, that is because no being views itself as Evil (duh!). No being thinks that what it is doing, thinking or saying is evil in the moment it does, thinks or says that. There is no being that wants to be evil, but I'm open to suggestion on that one. Even if their actions are considered evil, they will have a just cause for what they are doing, which will render their actions worthy to them.

Enlightener
12-07-2011, 05:16 PM

I am what you would term "spiritual" and I believe in evil. I believe it has it's place.

Rivendoah
12-07-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't believe in Evil with a capital E... I believe in wrong mindedness... I believe in self-deception that leads to acts that are wrong... I believe in minds and emotions that are broken and that allow people to hurt others without thinking or caring... but I don't believe in evil as an entity... or that there are people who are Evil... people do commit acts that are evil... every single day... but all people are broken in one form or another... all people do things that are self-destructive... or mean-spirited... or willfully judgmental... or racist... or homophobic... or mysogenous... or have acted with social or religious bigotry...everyone has lied... cheated and stolen... no one is free from acts of negative energy... acts of evil...

We want to see things in black and white... we want to see ourselves as good... and right... and the hero of light... but we are human... all of us... we are weak... and frail... and much of the time wrong... we want to cast others as EVIL... look at that person on the news... what they did is EVIL... they are monsters... they are inhuman...

This thinking is self-delusional... and it is a way to project our own fears... our own weaknesses...onto others... we can point our fingers and say THAT IS EVIL AND I AM NOT THAT!
It is much hard to admit the fact that "If not for the hand of fate, there goes me" we are all human... and if the circumstance were different... we could all be monsters...

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes, that is because no being views itself as Evil (duh!). No being thinks that what it is doing, thinking or saying is evil in the moment it does, thinks or says that. There is no being that wants to be evil, but I'm open to suggestion on that one. Even if their actions are considered evil, they will have a just cause for what they are doing, which will render their actions worthy to them.

au contraire, mon frere. if i'm being "evil" i'm well aware that that's what i'm being and if i'm being it i'm enjoying it. that's how evil i can be. funny thing ... i like that about myself. being just a tad dangerous is like adding spices to a bland soup.

Enlightener
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
au contraire, mon frere. if i'm being "evil" i'm well aware that that's what i'm being and if i'm being it i'm enjoying it. that's how evil i can be. funny thing ... i like that about myself. being just a tad dangerous is like adding spices to a bland soup.

Ah, you got me. That's a good point. But how evil are you being? Are you cutting little children? And enjoying it, or are you just having plain ol' fun with yourself and others? lol

3dnow
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I think the God within is a b a s t a r d, free to commit errors and self forgiving. But this has nothing to do with being evil. True self forgiveness cannot lead to evil.

You cannot combat evil if you are (insert adj.) like a priest.

3dnow

northstar
12-07-2011, 07:08 PM

a taste of danger... mmmm... love it... lol

Scibat
12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
One of my favorite songs, seem apropo for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3DUjzp9ffPwPM)

When You're Evil
By Voltaire

When the Devil is too busy
And death's a bit too much
They call on me, by name you see,
For my special touch.
To the Gentlemen, I'm Miss Fortune
To the Ladies, I'm Sir Prise
But call me by any name
Anyway it's all the same

I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm a bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm a pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe

And it's so easy when you're evil
This is the life, you see
The Devil tips his hat to me
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free

Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!

While there's children to make sad
While there's candy to be had
While there's pockets left to pick
While there's grannies left to trip
down the stairs, I'll be there, I'll be waiting 'round the corner
It's a game, I'm glad I'm in it
'Cause there's one born every minute

And I do it all for free

Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

I pledge my allegiance to all things dark and I
Promise on my damned soul
To do as I am told, Lord Beelzebub
Has never seen a soldier quite like me
Not only does his job, but does it happily.

I'm the fear that keeps you wake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull

I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.

And I do it all for free
And I do it all for free
And I do it all for free

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil

I'm lying though my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

:evil1:

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Ah, you got me. That's a good point. But how evil are you being? Are you cutting little children? And enjoying it, or are you just having plain ol' fun with yourself and others? lol

i would never NEVER deliberately hurt an innocent and/or helpless being. however, i can get "playful" if someone wants to play nasty games on me or someOne i Love. if my evil is invoked then the recipient of that "playfullness" deserves it. considering the self i am on the other end of the spectrum it takes a lot to push my meter that far to the opposite.

vengence. justice. a lesson for the recipient. call it what you want.

Internal Queries
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Behind Blue Eyes

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

To be hated
To be fated
To telling only lies

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

To feel these feelings
Like I do
And I blame you

No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain and woe
Can show through

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free

When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

The Who

Natalia
12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
haha IQ....my heart bleeds...pity me song.

To each their own with this thread.

Deusdrum
13-07-2011, 12:15 AM
3dnow - compassion for evil sounds like 'sympathy for the Devil' and i do not have any. Compassion is necessary because of evil, imo. I may have compassion for a person, but not for the evil they do.

This compassion remains regardless of if i believe they deserve to spend the rest of their lives in jail or receive the death penalty in extreme cases where rehabilitation does not seem possible or likely.

Sympathy is exactly what the 'Devil' wants. Attention. Give sympathy to a highly skilled manipulator and he will have a knife at your back with his left arm while he accepts your hug with the right.

No need to vilify anyone, but some practical understanding is all that may be necessary, only as a preventative measure. I'm not sure that who we would consider as truly 'evil' people have anything more to offer us than this. The rest is simply temptation of our curiosity.

There's nothing there to understand. These people cannot help anyone.

Moving along...

Carl Jung once explained that for certain people, the highest morality they can achieve is to be made to obey social laws. It is what it is. But perhaps we all have such potential within us, it may be what keeps us humble, but choose to focus in the other direction.

The Devil is charming, (charming devil) and comes to you with a big smile and friendly sentiments. Coaxing and disarming in some instances. We give such people power by giving them attention, whether hating them or sending love letters to jail to them (as some women do).

I have no compassion for pre-meditated murder, though i may feel sorry for someone who is so far gone as to consider that some sort of viable option.

Karma is such a loaded word, but Spiritual/natural law simply dictates that people who willingly commit such acts are taking themselves out of the game, and imo killing their soul. I give anyone a chance if they have sincere repentance in their hearts, but that in no way means i think they deserve to be let out of prison. Make your peace behind those walls, where you rightfully belong because of what you have done.

Of course much evil is the cause of many being wrongfully put into prison, and that is a whole nother side of the issue, and evil exist perhaps even more so in the 'system' than in those majority of us who are seemingly bound to it.

As for myself, I can only be as honest as i can and responsible for accountable for and to myself. I have made plenty of mistakes. Some i feel more guilty of than others.

I have only my own sense of right and wrong and personal principles which may or may not change, which i may or may not stand up to. I'm not sure if i will ever know in many cases what is what, and that is part of humility and understanding of the need for non-judgment because other people struggle to understand their own shadow side, and they may seem evil to me, but in a certain sense, who is to say when i do not fully understand where i myself am at much of the time?

I will say that i very much agree with whoever it was that said evil is cowardice. From the lyrics to a James song;

"...measure your courage in empathy..."

I'll also say that if you think you've got it figured out and beat then you are dead wrong. In my opinion.

and for those that say 'God created the Devil, so he is therefore responsible for evil' i disagree. God is chillin. Humankind has free will. Every perceived evil in the world is due to decisions we make. Many of them ironically in the name of God. If you think He wants you to kill people who don't believe in Him, then we have vastly differing definitions of 'God'.

It reminds me of the guy who jumped into the lion cage and said 'if God exists, then he will save my life' then promptly got killed by the lion.
What makes this guy think God owed him anything? 'If God exists, then he will send me a billion dollars in the mail.' 'If God exists, then there wouldn't be any evil in the world.'

It's all the same.

You can go outside and shake your fist up at the sky all you want, but besides drawing puzzled looks from your neighbors it isn't going to get you very far.

You want someone to blame, go stand in front of a mirror. Then forgive the person you see there and throw the mirror into the ocean.

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 12:44 AM
haha IQ....my heart bleeds...pity me song.

To each their own with this thread.

it's a good song. good lyrics. excellent drum work.

SerpentQueen
13-07-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't believe in Evil with a capital E... I believe in wrong mindedness... I believe in self-deception that leads to acts that are wrong... I believe in minds and emotions that are broken and that allow people to hurt others without thinking or caring... but I don't believe in evil as an entity... or that there are people who are Evil... people do commit acts that are evil... every single day... but all people are broken in one form or another... all people do things that are self-destructive... or mean-spirited... or willfully judgmental... or racist... or homophobic... or mysogenous... or have acted with social or religious bigotry...everyone has lied... cheated and stolen... no one is free from acts of negative energy... acts of evil...

We want to see things in black and white... we want to see ourselves as good... and right... and the hero of light... but we are human... all of us... we are weak... and frail... and much of the time wrong... we want to cast others as EVIL... look at that person on the news... what they did is EVIL... they are monsters... they are inhuman...

This thinking is self-delusional... and it is a way to project our own fears... our own weaknesses...onto others... we can point our fingers and say THAT IS EVIL AND I AM NOT THAT!
It is much hard to admit the fact that "If not for the hand of fate, there goes me" we are all human... and if the circumstance were different... we could all be monsters...

Lots of wisdom in this post.

SerpentQueen
13-07-2011, 01:07 AM
i tend to try to trace emotional/ intuitive reaction back to the base instinct from which it arises. "evil" is a threat or a perceived threat to personal or species survival. "evil" is that which we fear. it's as simple as that. though humans can manifest all kinds of complicated versions of "evil" the instinctual self preserving fear we may feel remains simple.

if you were a self aware mouse a cat would be evil incarnate.

Isn't there some parable about the alligator eating the child? Is the alligator evil, or just hungry?

SerpentQueen
13-07-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm going to mix this up with your other post about religion and the judgmental God, I hope that is okay. And I apologize in advance if this makes little sense, as I am tired and probably should just go to bed instead of posting.

I've been on quite the journey over the past year or so. Like you, I had completely rejected religion. But this past year the universe has been annoyingly insistent that I focus on it - and not any religion, the one that I had rejected the hardest. Christianity.

I don't consider myself any authority on any of this, nor do I think I could even remember where to point you to - if what I write sounds intriguing, do your own research; it's all out there. There are many many layers to the onion, and I don't even know if I've reached the center yet. Okay here goes...

When you start digging in, eventually you connect that Satan has two sides. The traditional evil one (horn, hell, pitchfork, etc) and also another side, one that is called the Green Man. That which is the Creator God, and all of this reality. The grass, the trees, the seasons, the stars. The symbol 666, traditionally the devil's sign, is also known in numerology as the number for creation. So how could it be that Satan is both good (creation) and evil (destruction)? That is something to meditate on. If it sounds confusing, that's because it is...

Because Creator God, according to the Gnostics, is not the same as Source God. Now one has to dive in deep to Creation myths per gnosticism. The gnostics say that when adam and eve "fell," it was due to a trick. You see, creator god/satan is the trickster. And it is through tricking us - confusing us - that we are kept trapped here in this reality. You cannot even trust the angels, as they are part of creation (all of the astral plane is) and not source.

When we say there is a battle between good and evil, I think this is an allegory, for what goes on within our own psyches. We sense we are being tricked by the illusion: on one hand, by all that is pleasurable and of the flesh and senses (beautiful sunset, the taste of a ripe orange, the kiss of a partner) and on the other hand by things that sit in our hearts as "not right" - as "evil." The suffering, the pain, the death and rotting away.

But then it gets confusing because if things didn't rot, other, alive things wouldn't grow in the mulch they leave behind. And, as I mentioned, the alligator that ate the child wasn't evil - he was merely hungry.

When you connect back with Source god, you see Creator God is the emperor with no clothes. You see yourself as immortal and eternal, and if the alligator pounces, you don't even flinch. You let him eat you on up.

Well, there's more that I could say, as this topic has captivated me as well - I haven't even touched upon the battles going on in the world and on the political front. Or whether the Illuminati are evil, or good. But I'll leave off there. And try to get some sleep!

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 03:27 AM
i guess i'm my Father's child because i don't mind being "tricked" into Life.

what else have i to do with eternity?

Felynx
13-07-2011, 03:43 AM
I dont want to be a wet noodle, but I think the definition of good and evil is in the eye of the beholder. Saying this is good and evil and how to deal with it as a sort of concrete thing seems weird to me.

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 05:03 AM
I dont want to be a wet noodle, but I think the definition of good and evil is in the eye of the beholder. Saying this is good and evil and how to deal with it as a sort of concrete thing seems weird to me.

oh it's not a sort of concrete thing for me. i don't believe in the devil or demons. but i do know "evil" when i enounter it. i get a body reaction. my hackle raise, my stomach does a little flip, my hearts speeds up, my fingers might get tingly and my mind races for escape routes and defense tactics.

Lynn
13-07-2011, 05:28 AM
Hi forum,

There are many ways to deal with things. What is MOST important I feel is that we see what the issues are we have.

It is easy to say face one's fear's head on but its a lot harder for many to do that. For one we might not understand where the more negative feelings are coming from. I am not sure how I feel on real evil being one that appears to be good. We all have that daker side to us. I feel personally it better to seek a balance in what one see's as good and what one might well see as evil. Know that there is always going to be a swing back and forth it seems to for now be the univeral path.

Too see things as only good might well mean one is not prepared fully for what might creep up on one. I am one to try me hardest thought to find some glimmer of GOOD in even the most negative of people or situations. So that some LIGHT goes around that event or person.

Having walked in life both spirital paths one that ye would call good being God and one being Evil in well the counter to God, I came to find it was simply life lessons that I was to learn to become whom I am now. Have I had to forgive me for some of that path NO. I honestly for the longest time thought I did have to forgive and surrender to being "bad" to come to see I did nothing truly bad, I simply wanted and needed to learn certain things and have certain lessons.

To leave judgement at the front door many a times means to let go of EGO. I listen well to all side and I really leave the EGO at that door. I am free of fear, but I know well there is going to be darker energies out there to face. I am free from judements on other's or at least try to fully be. Unless making a judgement serves them.

I would say it would depent for me on the context of admire. There are seen evil events in history that I can look at with a deep interest into. To some that is to admire the event. More its to respect that event full on for what it was a part of history. To take lessons from it and find some good that came forth from it.

Thanks!

3dnow

I have a compassion for all things in the Universe and for all the man that walks this Earth Plane we are all ONE. I have a compassion for understanding there is no Light without the counter of Dark. Having a compassion for those who step down the wrong path.

Ye will get there. If that is truly what one has set for self one will find that path.

Lynn

Scibat
13-07-2011, 05:48 AM
it's a good song. good lyrics. excellent drum work.

I like my song better :D Voltaire is fun stuff.

Greenslade
13-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Well this may be true but it is too late for me. I didn't enter in this game intentionally. I have to continue until I forget, hence forgive.

I am also facing my religious fears (realized that I had religious fears all my life unconsciously) and the real me appears, so I am also happy with this process.

3dnow
No matter what Spiritual techno-babble we spout in here, we're still human :-) Nothing to forgive.

NightSpirit
13-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I have to agree with Greenslade in some ways 3dnow. I mean....what is 'the real me' anyway? Isn't it what we are in each moment?

3dnow
13-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I have to agree with Greenslade in some ways 3dnow. I mean....what is 'the real me' anyway? Isn't it what we are in each moment?

Hi NS, real me fearless happy. What else?

3dnow

NightSpirit
13-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi NS, real me fearless happy. What else?

3dnow

Well that's cool to hear :smile: So you are saying you can run with my thought? (if i understand you right)

3dnow
13-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I have a compassion for all things in the Universe and for all the man that walks this Earth Plane we are all ONE. I have a compassion for understanding there is no Light without the counter of Dark. Having a compassion for those who step down the wrong path.

Ye will get there. If that is truly what one has set for self one will find that path.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Accepting that evil is evil has real benefits.

You stop playing the fearful, because you know that you are facing evil now and fear feeds them. Interestingly when the problem becomes real serious human being stops fearing.

When you understand that you are facing real evil. You stop being angry. Because it makes no more sense.

Finally, the evil and what they do, I start to find it funny. I mean ridiculous.

Logically next feeling is compassion and forgiveness (this is what they are asking for but in a strange way lol) but I am not there yet.

Thanks!

3dnow

3dnow
13-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Well that's cool to hear :smile: So you are saying you can run with my thought? (if i understand you right)

No comprende amigo. :smile:

What do you mean?

3dnow

NightSpirit
13-07-2011, 10:13 AM
No comprende amigo. :smile:

What do you mean?

3dnow

hehe...that makes two of us...not sure what your post meant either. Shall we start again? :D

oh and when you say 'they' (re lynn's post)..who are you referring to?

3dnow
13-07-2011, 10:22 AM
hehe...that makes two of us...not sure what your post meant either. Shall we start again? :D

oh and when you say 'they' (re lynn's post)..who are you referring to?

Well the problem is I didn't understand what Greenslade says either.

They => entities. (biblical Gods or entities playing them etc., and other entities...) there are humans too and this applies to them too.

3dnow

NightSpirit
13-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Well the problem is I didn't understand what Greenslade says either.

They => entities. (biblical Gods or entities playing them etc., and other entities...) there are humans too and this applies to them too.

3dnow

ahhh..okay..thanks for clearing that up. Well I'm not up on entities so can't really respond to that....sorry. Now humans...a different matter! You will have to ask Greenslade what he meant.

3dnow
13-07-2011, 10:29 AM
3dnow - compassion for evil sounds like 'sympathy for the Devil' and i do not have any. Compassion is necessary because of evil, imo. I may have compassion for a person, but not for the evil they do.

This compassion remains regardless of if i believe they deserve to spend the rest of their lives in jail or receive the death penalty in extreme cases where rehabilitation does not seem possible or likely.

Sympathy is exactly what the 'Devil' wants. Attention. Give sympathy to a highly skilled manipulator and he will have a knife at your back with his left arm while he accepts your hug with the right.

No need to vilify anyone, but some practical understanding is all that may be necessary, only as a preventative measure. I'm not sure that who we would consider as truly 'evil' people have anything more to offer us than this. The rest is simply temptation of our curiosity.

There's nothing there to understand. These people cannot help anyone.

Moving along...

Carl Jung once explained that for certain people, the highest morality they can achieve is to be made to obey social laws. It is what it is. But perhaps we all have such potential within us, it may be what keeps us humble, but choose to focus in the other direction.

The Devil is charming, (charming devil) and comes to you with a big smile and friendly sentiments. Coaxing and disarming in some instances. We give such people power by giving them attention, whether hating them or sending love letters to jail to them (as some women do).

I have no compassion for pre-meditated murder, though i may feel sorry for someone who is so far gone as to consider that some sort of viable option.

Karma is such a loaded word, but Spiritual/natural law simply dictates that people who willingly commit such acts are taking themselves out of the game, and imo killing their soul. I give anyone a chance if they have sincere repentance in their hearts, but that in no way means i think they deserve to be let out of prison. Make your peace behind those walls, where you rightfully belong because of what you have done.

Of course much evil is the cause of many being wrongfully put into prison, and that is a whole nother side of the issue, and evil exist perhaps even more so in the 'system' than in those majority of us who are seemingly bound to it.

As for myself, I can only be as honest as i can and responsible for accountable for and to myself. I have made plenty of mistakes. Some i feel more guilty of than others.

I have only my own sense of right and wrong and personal principles which may or may not change, which i may or may not stand up to. I'm not sure if i will ever know in many cases what is what, and that is part of humility and understanding of the need for non-judgment because other people struggle to understand their own shadow side, and they may seem evil to me, but in a certain sense, who is to say when i do not fully understand where i myself am at much of the time?

I will say that i very much agree with whoever it was that said evil is cowardice. From the lyrics to a James song;

"...measure your courage in empathy..."

I'll also say that if you think you've got it figured out and beat then you are dead wrong. In my opinion.

and for those that say 'God created the Devil, so he is therefore responsible for evil' i disagree. God is chillin. Humankind has free will. Every perceived evil in the world is due to decisions we make. Many of them ironically in the name of God. If you think He wants you to kill people who don't believe in Him, then we have vastly differing definitions of 'God'.

It reminds me of the guy who jumped into the lion cage and said 'if God exists, then he will save my life' then promptly got killed by the lion.
What makes this guy think God owed him anything? 'If God exists, then he will send me a billion dollars in the mail.' 'If God exists, then there wouldn't be any evil in the world.'

It's all the same.

You can go outside and shake your fist up at the sky all you want, but besides drawing puzzled looks from your neighbors it isn't going to get you very far.

You want someone to blame, go stand in front of a mirror. Then forgive the person you see there and throw the mirror into the ocean.

Well the problem is that when you think this kind of stuff you are being like them. Forgiveness is real power. I know it but I am there yet.

It is not sympathy. A child can do what he does, so nothing special with devil.

About God... God is you me everybody. There is no other way.

Thanks!

3dnow

Deusdrum
13-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure what you mean then. You say you wish to have compassion for evil... my point is i don't see it as possible for evil by its very nature.

And i can forgive, but that does not mean i don't also think they should serve their time. Both are possible. I can forgive a person for stealing my money. That does not mean i don't want the money back.

Do you see what i'm saying?

3dnow
13-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure what you mean then. You say you wish to have compassion for evil... my point is i don't see it as possible for evil by its very nature.

And i can forgive, but that does not mean i don't also think they should serve their time. Both are possible. I can forgive a person for stealing my money. That does not mean i don't want the money back.

Do you see what i'm saying?

Yes and no.

I asked the devil if he needs love. He said yes. I realized that I cannot refuse. I cannot. It is not my nature.

The kind of love we talk about is compassion.

But I am still learning self-compassion so devil can wait :smile:

3dnow

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Yes and no.

I asked the devil if he needs love. He said yes. I realized that I cannot refuse. I cannot. It is not my nature.

3dnow

that "devil" IS you ... an aspect of your human psyche. IMO, there can't be anything inside your head that isn't you. own it or be owned by it.

3dnow
13-07-2011, 01:15 PM
that "devil" IS you ... an aspect of your human psyche. IMO, there can't be anything inside your head that isn't you. own it or be owned by it.

Devil is me I doubt that. But I can agree because I think devil is the opposite of self forgiveness.

As for is there a devil or not, it is an energy. I can physically feel the energies, and one day I feared him he entered. Doesn't mean there is one, but the experience is also real.

3dnow

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Devil is me I doubt that. But I can agree because I think devil is the opposite of self forgiveness.

As for is there a devil or not, it is an energy. I can physically feel the energies, and one day I feared him he entered. Doesn't mean there is one, but the experience is also real.

3dnow

okay but IMO, if it's not an aspect of your psyche you can't control it, you can't modify it and you can't get rid of it. if it's outside of you it's outside of your power because you only have the power to control yourself.

since self control is the only real power i have i own everything that goes on my head, even if it's unpleasant or perverse.

3dnow
13-07-2011, 01:39 PM
okay but IMO, if it's not an aspect of your psyche you can't control it, you can't modify it and you can't get rid of it. if it's outside of you it's outside of your power because you only have the power to control yourself.

since self control is the only real power i have i own everything that goes on my head, even if it's unpleasant or perverse.
You can forget it. But you need to let go fear and anger which means forgiveness.

IMO real power is forgiveness self and others. Only if you fear you cannot forgive.

3dnow

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 01:50 PM
You can forget it. But you need to let go fear and anger which means forgiveness.

IMO real power is forgiveness self and others. Only if you fear you cannot forgive.

3dnow

i'm not afraid of myself. whatever gave you that idea? and what is there to forgive? i realize that outside influences can cause a nasty vibrational mix in my psyche that i must contend with. if "evil" thoughts or "evil" energies arise in my psyche i can modify them, transmute them because they're mine to modify and transmute.

3dnow
13-07-2011, 01:54 PM
i'm not afraid of myself. whatever gave you that idea? and what is there to forgive? i realize that outside influences can cause a nasty vibrational mix in my psyche that i must con-tend with. if "evil" thoughts or "evil" energies arise in my psyche i can modify them, transmute them because they're mine to modify and transmute.
I was talking about you.. Replace you with we ..

OK for the rest.

3dnow

Deusdrum
13-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Yes and no.

3dnow
I'm not arguing against your personal experience. That is your thing, & i respect that.

To my mind, if the devil needs love, he can go to God for that, as He/She That is the source of love.

That goes for forgiveness as well. Why is it your responsibility to forgive the Devil? If he cannot forgive himself, or ask God for forgiveness, then how can he truly be forgiven?

Unless you are speaking of forgiving your own inner shadow side, and what needs to be forgiven within and the 'devil' in that sense.

Forgiveness to me is akin to letting go. Someone does something that hurts me in some way, then forgiveness is not only for them, but for me in order to let go of holding onto that which is seemingly the source of the pain, transcend it and be free of it. Transmute it maybe.

moke64916
13-07-2011, 01:56 PM

3dnow
3dnow. The only reason I have been saying to you I do not believe in evil. Is because in the past I used to believe in evil and demons and stuff. I believed it and feared it so strongly, that I thought I became possessed by a demon. I felt fear at it's highest response. For a week, I was showing all kinds of signs of possession. It was a living hell for me. Once I realized that what I was going through was all in my head, it went away. That has happened to me 3 times. That is why I have strong emotions about evil. Because I am what you would call a living case of someone that has been possessed. I would start shaking violently and turn my head sideways and stuff. Trying to dispell it from my body using the power of Christ and prayers. But I learned that it was all in my head. It was a physical manifestation because of my beliefs in evil and the devil and stuff. That's the only reason I keep saying there is just energy with no demonic force behind it all. I've experienced a living hell because of my beliefs in evil. It was not fun. That is why I have strong opinions about this stuff. I do not want anyone to experience what I went through.

3dnow
13-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not arguing against your personal experience. That is your thing, & i respect that.

To my mind, if the devil needs love, he can go to God for that, as He/She That is the source of love.

That goes for forgiveness as well. Why is it your responsibility to forgive the Devil? If he cannot forgive himself, or ask God for forgiveness, then how can he truly be forgiven?

Unless you are speaking of forgiving your own inner shadow side, and what needs to be forgiven within and the 'devil' in that sense.

Forgiveness to me is akin to letting go. Someone does something that hurts me in some way, then forgiveness is not only for them, but for me in order to let go of holding onto that which is seemingly the source of the pain, transcend it and be free of it. Transmute it maybe.

Firstly, I don't believe in biblical God.

There is no devil neither. It is just an energy. There is no devil but there is fear of devil which creates the devil.

So I am learning to deal with this devil by myself by not fearing anymore so that there is no more fear of devil (which creates the devil) in my life.

Same for judgmental biblical God.

3dnow

3dnow
13-07-2011, 02:08 PM
3dnow. The only reason I have been saying to you I do not believe in evil. Is because in the past I used to believe in evil and demons and stuff. I believed it and feared it so strongly, that I thought I became possessed by a demon. I felt fear at it's highest response. For a week, I was showing all kinds of signs of possession. It was a living hell for me. Once I realized that what I was going through was all in my head, it went away. That has happened to me 3 times. That is why I have strong emotions about evil. Because I am what you would call a living case of someone that has been possessed. I would start shaking violently and turn my head sideways and stuff. Trying to dispell it from my body using the power of Christ and prayers. But I learned that it was all in my head. It was a physical manifestation because of my beliefs in evil and the devil and stuff. That's the only reason I keep saying there is just energy with no demonic force behind it all. I've experienced a living hell because of my beliefs in evil. It was not fun. That is why I have strong opinions about this stuff. I do not want anyone to experience what I went through.

My experience is very different Moke thanks.

3ddnow

SerpentQueen
13-07-2011, 02:37 PM
i guess i'm my Father's child because i don't mind being "tricked" into Life.

what else have i to do with eternity?

You and I think so similarly, it's scary. :angel8:

Deusdrum
13-07-2011, 02:43 PM

There is no devil neither. It is just an energy. There is no devil but there is fear of devil which creates the devil.

So I am learning to deal with this devil by myself by not fearing anymore so that there is no more fear of devil (which creates the devil) in my life.

3dnow
I'm not talking about biblical God either. If you are using 'Devil' as your archetype, then i will play the game and use the term, which is a biblical one also, and use God as well, which really to me means source.

Anyways, i wish you luck with it.

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 02:44 PM
You and I think so similarly, it's scary. :angel8:

teehee! coolness! Us ----> :angel8: :angel8:

lol got a trinity going on.

Aquarian
13-07-2011, 02:48 PM
My experience is very different Moke thanks.
As is mine.

People are wasting their time telling us these entities don't exist. I can't speak for 3dnow but I've verified beyond any doubt that they do.
I have no idea how rare they are. Less than a year ago I would have said that bog standard parasites/ghosts exist but demons don't - now I'm fairly sure they do.

Likewise, just because you dealt with some ghosts or whatever, doesn't mean that's definitely going to work for us. I've spent 7 years dealing with various entities and if there's one think I'm world champion at it's finding ways to ease my own suffering. I've probably tried more ways of dealing with them than the number of attempts at personal changework most here have done.

My current theory is that these entities are evil but cannot verify that as yet.

Nor do I want most people here to believe what I'm saying because knowledge of these things may attract them. So far I have told only 2 people about them. It's quite a release to be able to talk about them anonymously here, but I do so with some caution.

Internal Queries
13-07-2011, 02:58 PM
when i was a Christian i saw the devil and his demons everywhere, in nearly every fellow human i encountered, in whatever psy phenom i inadvertedly manifested. then i freed myself from Christianity and quit believing in the devil and his demons and POOF! they were gone. people were just people and psy phenom was something i produced from latent abilities. evil lost it's power when i quit believing in it.

moke64916
13-07-2011, 03:00 PM

3dnow
Now I see where you are coming from. It all makes sense now. I totally understand where you are at. You know for me when I read the book "Conversations with God" that is what helped me. That was also the first time I felt the emotion bliss.

moke64916
13-07-2011, 03:09 PM
because knowledge of these things may attract them.
Yes exactly. "The Law of Attraction." Especially if you think about and and give fear to that thought. I think that any emotion you give with thought manifests. I believe thought is raw energy and emotion is pure energy.