PDA

View Full Version : Do you see your guide during every meditation?

lemongrass
09-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I have met my main guide. I have seen him several times. I always feel him when he comes. In fact I felt him before ever seeing him. I hear him most every time I meditate. Lately I don't see him as clearly, although the touch is the same. Is this unusual not to see him every time so vividly as I did in the beginning? I have wanted to meet another guide but it hasn't happened yet. I do try to watch for messages throughout the day that come in other ways, liked repeated words or images or any thing repeated.

nightowl
09-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey Lemongrass,

For me, no I don't connect with my guides every time I mediate. I my opinion my guides show up when they have something to teach or have an insight to reveal, but I am aware that the way I view my guides is very different then others, so this is just my experience...:smile:

nightowl

Medium_Laura
09-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I agree Nightowl :) They also know when we are being too dependent on them and will back off. We are here to learn lessons and they can guide us through but cannot live our lives for us.

angel62
10-07-2011, 02:47 AM
yes i agrree the both of you aswell i dont connect to mine every time in medatation they only come when i need some advice or need some help developing

spiritmonk
10-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi Lemongrass,

I have only seen my main guide once, many years ago. When I attempt to connect to my guides I usually year a voice/get a sensation that someone is speaking to me and/or showing me pictures.

As for connecting every time, no, I am not able to do so with every attempt. Some days the connection is strong, others not at all. A number of times I know that I am at fault for not making the connection (stressed, cannot focus) but other times I'm in a state of complete relaxation and am still unable.

With Love,
Spirit Monk

lemongrass
10-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks to everyone for responding. I hope the question eases someone else's mind too.
:hug3:

Medium_Laura
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
It's a good question! When people are new to guides and spiritual work, they can tend to get a bit over anxious when something isn't happening or maybe did happen but now isn't.

For me it's like a muscle. When you exercise you build that muscle but in order to maintain it, you have to plateau now and then, so you can gain more later.

Just think of it as a plateau, not the end :)

lemongrass
10-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Just as long as he shows up after I start drawing. I didn’t even think about trying to draw him until he didn’t show up one day. I had all those visits where I could see him so vividly & I didn’t take advantage of it. I’m afraid I don’t remember exactly what he looked like. I know it probably sounds silly, but that’s me. Sometimes I think I can’t remember what my dad’s voice or my grandmother’s sounded like, but I’m sure I do. Soon I need to try drawing him. I looked for some free drawing tips on line & have found a few.

Evaah
11-07-2011, 02:22 AM
I’m afraid I don’t remember exactly what he looked like. I know it probably sounds silly, but that’s me.
It's not silly. I experienced the same thing when I met someone I believed was one of my guides. I saw him in three different dreams, but I couldn't remember his face clearly at all. I remember he was blond, and had a dark but expressive clothing style, but I couldn't, for the love of all things, remember his face.

Which makes sense when you think about it - you're seeing him with your inner eye. Much different from your physical eyes. And when you're not trained in clairvoyance, it's much worse...

moke64916
11-07-2011, 02:29 PM
I have met my main guide. I have seen him several times. I always feel him when he comes. In fact I felt him before ever seeing him. I hear him most every time I meditate. Lately I don't see him as clearly, although the touch is the same. Is this unusual not to see him every time so vividly as I did in the beginning? I have wanted to meet another guide but it hasn't happened yet. I do try to watch for messages throughout the day that come in other ways, liked repeated words or images or any thing repeated.

When I used to meditate it would not be to see my guides, it was to feel my inner energy. The pure love and bliss. Meditation on feeling and not thinking. I am psychic and see my guides all the time without the need for meditation if I choose. In the past if I wanted an answer to a question I would go to my guide or my spiritual counsel. Now I go just to my higher self. I do not need to meditate anymore for that I am in a constant state of Being. I always keep part of my attention inside my body throughout everyday tasks. Once one learns that, meditation is not needed. Once you 'Remember' that inner feeling. Just bringing any attention inside body you will automatically feel that state of pure love, peace, joy, and bliss.

Xan
12-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Yes... The real purpose of meditation is connect within ourselves, in our own inner being.

Here's a way to do that: Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan