PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of internal dialogue

moke64916
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Through my experiences of who I am not. I had internal dialogue. Don't get me wrong, all my voice. But I figured out how to stop it. You experience who you are not when happening. You can then create more of who you are not by thinking intentionally, to become who you are. Internal dialogue is thought turned into word faster than you can think. To stop unwanted internal dialogue you can think of more thoughts. Thoughts that don't turn into words. Internal dialogue will stop. Bringing you more thoughts than words. Then you can feel more at ease and tension can go away. Then you can feel more at ease to go back to who you are, inside. Or you can use the illusion of ignorance to solve it. Ignoring it. Or keep yourself occupied on one task at a time. When you observe your thoughts, you get to the fundamental core of your "issues." So if anyone out there deals with any internal dialogue that occurs at an unconscious level, then that is how you can get rid of it. I've cured myself by doing this. Sometimes just surrendering to what is, will not get rid of it. It's the thought process that should change. You can surrender to what is and feel peace, with it still going on internally. It won't bother you if you surrender and accept the present moment.

Xan
06-07-2011, 05:04 AM
Trying to stop internal dialogue is like trying to put wind in a box.

Instead, simply shift your awareness into the silent open space within.

Xan

Topology
06-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Through my experiences of who I am not. I had internal dialogue. Don't get me wrong, all my voice. But I figured out how to stop it. You experience who you are not when happening. You can then create more of who you are not by thinking intentionally, to become who you are. Internal dialogue is thought turned into word faster than you can think. To stop unwanted internal dialogue you can think of more thoughts. Thoughts that don't turn into words. Internal dialogue will stop. Bringing you more thoughts than words. Then you can feel more at ease and tension can go away. Then you can feel more at ease to go back to who you are, inside. Or you can use the illusion of ignorance to solve it. Ignoring it. Or keep yourself occupied on one task at a time. When you observe your thoughts, you get to the fundamental core of your "issues." So if anyone out there deals with any internal dialogue that occurs at an unconscious level, then that is how you can get rid of it. I've cured myself by doing this. Sometimes just surrendering to what is, will not get rid of it. It's the thought process that should change. You can surrender to what is and feel peace, with it still going on internally. It won't bother you if you surrender and accept the present moment.

I suppose with less internal dialogue there is more room for monologue? :)

Medium_Laura
06-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Xan
HA! I love that Xan! SOOOO true!

moke64916
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Xan
Xan that works as well. There are a lot of different techniques into stopping internal dialogue. Your way works as well too. Just using the 10th illusion of ignorance works too. To simply stay present and ignore it. It's the "though process" that should be changed. This is just one technique on how to do it, and it works as well. Another way would be to focus your attention inside your body, but they key is to not create disunity between mind, body, spirit. Observing your thoughts gets to the core of the issue. It can manifest with just one thought that triggers a stream of thoughts into words. My thinking thoughts, you are changing your thought process as well. You will receive more thoughts instead of thoughts turned into words. Key is for thought process to change. Any way of doing that will work. Your technique works too.

moke64916
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Xan and also sometimes internal dialogue can make one anxiety ridden. Which makes it harder to just focus on the silence inside. Depending on what level you are at. Sometimes your advise is easier said than done. When I am fully conscious I always focus on that silence if it occurs. When one unconsciously manifests internal dialogue, one might not be able to focus on the silence because one might become unconscious or anxiety. To focus on the stillness inside you would have to focus on your breathing first. To bring tension away. Then focus on the stilllness. It all depends on how conscious a person is in my opinion.

eyalec
06-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Excellent!

Gem
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
It's pretty simple really. Ambiguous things always sound best, because it causes the imagination to invent flights of fancy, and the simplictic and practical told in clear everyday language is just too bland, so reducing the internal dialogue is a matter of simplicity and practicality... pretyy boring ay?

moke64916
06-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes it is with simplicity. Just stay Present. Surrender to what is. Simple, I'm just sharing other tools as well.

Gem
06-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes it is with simplicity. Just stay Present. Surrender to what is. Simple, I'm just sharing other tools as well.

That's cool... but 'just stay present' and 'surrender to what is' are like slogans that dont say anything... to me such sayings are completely meaningless... same as xan's obscure space within. That's why I was saying how it sounds soooo spiritualized, but nothing practical is offered. It's pointless offering the simple and practical isn't it, because the ambiguous sounds way more appealing.

Medium_Laura
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
That's cool... but 'just stay present' and 'surrender to what is' are like slogans that dont say anything... to me such sayings are completely meaningless... same as xan's obscure space within. That's why I was saying how it sounds soooo spiritualized, but nothing practical is offered. It's pointless offering the simple and practical isn't it, because the ambiguous sounds way more appealing.

I understand what you're saying Gem. It does make sense to those who have been there but not to those that can't understand. Like if I said, "Well just picture a Lorry in your mind." If you've never seen a Lorry, how would you picture it?

Let's see if I can use words to help.

Focusing on breath was a good example by moke. Finding something that has no emotional or physical attachment to it. Breath. This small focus on just observing your breathing, not changing it, not trying to breathe more or less, but just keep returning your focus to that automatic body function. You can also listen to your heart. Put in earplugs and just listen to your blood circulating and your heart pumping. (this can tend to freak some people out but it is another automatic body repetition)

The space within is to focus your thoughts on something that isn't something. Like a blackness. This takes a LOT of practice but you can try adding something. IE: seeing the word LOVE printed on a black background.

As your mind starts to wander, bring it back to that black sheet with the word LOVE in pink, or red or whatever you wish.

Does that help?

iolite
06-07-2011, 03:39 PM
If that internal dialogue is negative, demeaning or condescending, then the book "How to Tame Your Grimlen" by Rick Carson might be really helpful. My husband used the book and found it really helpful and it actually helped our relationship.

http://img2.imagesbn.com/images/13770000/13771581.JPG

Medium_Laura
06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
oh cool! Thanks for sharing that !:) I love to have things to offer clients to read :)

Gem
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I understand what you're saying Gem. It does make sense to those who have been there but not to those that can't understand. Like if I said, "Well just picture a Lorry in your mind." If you've never seen a Lorry, how would you picture it?

Let's see if I can use words to help.

Focusing on breath was a good example by moke. Finding something that has no emotional or physical attachment to it. Breath. This small focus on just observing your breathing, not changing it, not trying to breathe more or less, but just keep returning your focus to that automatic body function. You can also listen to your heart. Put in earplugs and just listen to your blood circulating and your heart pumping. (this can tend to freak some people out but it is another automatic body repetition)

The space within is to focus your thoughts on something that isn't something. Like a blackness. This takes a LOT of practice but you can try adding something. IE: seeing the word LOVE printed on a black background.

As your mind starts to wander, bring it back to that black sheet with the word LOVE in pink, or red or whatever you wish.

Does that help?

I'm the one helping actually, and it was effective too...

Medium_Laura
06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
oh LOL! :) well I helped by answering your help LOL

Gem
06-07-2011, 04:07 PM
oh LOL! :) well I helped by answering your help LOL

Exactly... It just takes a bit of plain old english.

TzuJanLi
06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Greetings..

Find a comfortable place to sit or stand, understand that your intention is for a still mind, then.. extend your index fingers as if 'pointing', while the rest of your fingers, hand, and body are relaxed.. the extended index finger should feel some slight tension along the 'palm-side', relax the rest of the body comfortably, and.. see what happens.. let me know if you don't mind.. This practice is best understood, initially, in a relaxed state, but it is equally effective under any circumstances..

Be well..

Xan
06-07-2011, 05:38 PM

Gee Gem... For me it was ultimately practical and simple, learning how to shift my attention away from the chattering mind by breathing into the quiet open space that is inherent within everyone. If it seems obscure this only comes from lack of experience... yet.

For Moke... In my view it's important to consider what your goal is. Is it to just stop the dialogue and get a little peace of mind... or to experience what you are beyond the mind. I know what you answer is, but I wanted to raise the question.

Xan

moke64916
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
hmm, no I just think those words surrender to what is and present is easier said than done. But the core issue of a problem or issue is resistance. I would say the simplistic ways are the best. If one hears those words for the first time, it wouldn't click in. I just go with the flow now. Another way for me to stay happy, is to "love all emotions." No actually the noise is not the way I like to cope. It depends on how much one is aware or conscious of what they are doing in my opinion. I choose without noise. The stillness and silence. Which that I feel right now.

moke64916
06-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Gem I am aware of the simplicity, but another may not. Another may be used to the noise, and to help people or their level you have to be able to relate to someone on their level. I always practice simplicity with everything. It's just another may not. Another may need noise to stop noise to get to the point to feel the silence. Not all of my threads and posts are directly related to where I am now, but what I have been through in the past.