PDA

View Full Version : The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

iolite
05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
What a wonderful little book. Without meaning to (or maybe it did) it is a great example of connecting to the Source and Law of Attraction. I would have never have read it, except it's one of the books on my daughter's summer reading list. And I often read the books she is assigned or picks out as they are usually a good read. For those who haven't read it, it is a story of a young shepherd (maybe teen) who has a dream about a child who transports him to the Pyramids in Egypt and tells him that if he goes there he'll find hidden treasure. So after consulting a gypsy about his dream, and a chance meeting with a king who tells him that he should pursue his personal legend (his dream), he decides to sell his sheep and go to Egypt and seek his fortune. Along the way, he meets a man who has read many books on the ancient secrets of alchemy with the desires of becoming an alchemist as well as meeting a real alchemist who teaches him to connect to the Soul of the World.

The book is less than 200 pages and could be read easily in one setting. It took me a little longer as I read only a chapter or two a day. A great book for the beach.

whitelotus
05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I agree with you Iolite, I just love this book... i have read it many times....:)

Saggi
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Paulo Coelho is an amazing author!!

I've read about half of his books and they are all inspiring!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Spiritlite
06-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I've read two of his books and want to read more and I can't wait, he is very good.
Spiritlite.

ellespirit
22-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I've read about 8of his books and they amazing. Wait till you read the rest.

Tammy
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
I have just finished reading this book!, and i have no become a big fan!!!, i have already bought another 2 books of his..The witch of portabello, and the devil and miss prym. I beleive another one to read, is Veronica wants to die.

abikisses
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
An excellentsource of information within all his books. Enjoyable read to, thanks for the reminder!

Abikisses

manu
10-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I have read a few of his books and the Alchemist is unbeatable

Time
10-08-2011, 11:45 AM
You do know einstiens nightly ritual was to read up on books abotu LOA and alchemy

abikisses
10-08-2011, 11:57 AM
You do know einstiens nightly ritual was to read up on books abotu LOA and alchemy

I wonder what books they were?!

Time
10-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Ive never tried to find out myself!

Saggi
10-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I have just finished reading this book!, and i have no become a big fan!!!, i have already bought another 2 books of his..The witch of portabello, and the devil and miss prym. I beleive another one to read, is Veronica wants to die.

I have read the Witch Of Portabello, it's a lovely read!

That was the one I read after The Alchemist.

Then I read Manual Of A Warrior Of Light.

Then The Valkyries.

Both equally as good as the others.

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Shawnee
29-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Old thread, but I sensed people had talked about this before. I had been praying for a sign/guidance & was in a carpet store in my small town (they have a crafts area, too). The owner said downstairs were more crafts & when I got down there, there were four huge bookshelves with used books.

The very first one my eyes saw was The Alchemist....which is wonderful so far! I also found a necklace that I was drawn to, which has a symbol for the key to my heart. Feel like I was meant to find those things. :)