PDA

View Full Version : So whats with this new astrological sign?

UmbrellaCorp
03-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Apparantly there has now been introduced a new astrological sign to the eastern hemisphere. Can anyone explain what this is about to me? Why is it just now being added/introduced? Thanks.

primrose
04-07-2011, 06:34 AM
I hav'nt heard about this, do you mean a 13th sign? I'd also be interested if anyone knows the details.

Greybeard
23-07-2011, 09:56 PM
It's nonsense.

The idea is based on the perception that Ophiucus, the constellation, occupies or intersects the ecliptic (the apparent path of the sun around earth). It is not necessary, either astronomically or philosophically, for the effective practice of astrology.

It is proposed primarily by siderealists (those who advocate use of the sidereal zodiac, due to their own misconceptions regarding precession of the equinoxes).
If you wish a detailed explanation I can provide that. But to keep things short and sweet, it is a hare-brained idea proposed by people who do not understand the essential foundations of astrological thought.

Greybeard
23-07-2011, 10:25 PM
P.S. I wrote with a bit more detail on the 13th sign in the posting "Ophiucus...the 13th Sign...or NOT"

You can read that comment and others there.