PDA

View Full Version : Any "Westerns" fans?

Honza
02-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Anybody here like Westerns?

They always were amongst my favourite films. (Fantasy being the other favourite type).

There is something grand and epic about a good western.

Rivendoah
02-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I love the Spaghetti Westerns of the 1970s...

A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

However here are a few more i like...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Cowboys
High Plains Drifter
Brokeback Mountain
True Grit (1969 & 2010)
The Searchers
Silverado
Open Range
Pale Rider
Unforgiven
The Magnificent Seven

Silver
02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Not much on them, but a good story is a good story.

I liked Back to the Future Part III plus...

Longriders

Unforgiven

Silver
02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Man from Snowy River

I'm not sure which movie it was, I think it had a lot of young actors,
but it was known partly for the horse stunt where it jumped through
the window...?

I thought it was Long Riders but now Idk...

Honza
02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
I love the Spaghetti Westerns of the 1970s...

A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

However here are a few more i like...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Cowboys
High Plains Drifter
Brokeback Mountain
True Grit (1969 & 2010)
The Searchers
Silverado
Open Range
Pale Rider
Unforgiven
The Magnificent Seven

Wow, it sounds like you are a real fan.

My faves are the spaghetti westerns too. Any western by Sergio Leone in particular. I also love Clint Eastwoods westerns when he is the director. Plus Sam Peckinpah westerns like The Wild Bunch and Pat Garret And Billy The Kid.

The 'old school' westerns are cool too. Like John Fords westerns and Howard Hawks westerns.

bloke
17-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Wow, it sounds like you are a real fan.

My faves are the spaghetti westerns too. Any western by Sergio Leone in particular. I also love Clint Eastwoods westerns when he is the director. Plus Sam Peckinpah westerns like The Wild Bunch and Pat Garret And Billy The Kid.

The 'old school' westerns are cool too. Like John Fords westerns and Howard Hawks westerns.

Old thread but... I love westerns and that's definitely my favourite one.

High Plains Drifter and Once Upon a Time in the West are also great.

WhiteWarrior
17-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I am a fan too. High Plains Drifter was one of those chilling ones. I also found it hilarious and liberating how some of the best known ones were based on Kurosawa movies, only a couple of decades after the war.

hawkmoth65
18-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Yes the spaghetti westerns for me too especially,'High Plains Drifter' included.Pale Rider I liked too and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is a classic....the Magnificent Seven.

WhiteWarrior
18-01-2012, 05:29 PM
High Noon was interesting too.

But since we are talking about Westerns in HERE.... how about 'Dances With Wolves', 'White Horse', 'Little Big Man', 'Thunderheart', 'Windtalkers', 'The Last Navaho' or 'Windwalker'? (Hint: they all feature Native Indians a lot). Personally I hated the end of DWW but a lot of the movie was pretty good. The others are all on the fringe. I have yet to see Windwalker or TLN. I hate to say it but I don't really have a favorite among them. I wonder when we will get to see a real NA movie of high quality? There are so many heroes, and I don't mean Pocahontas or the other stories where the White Man is the beneficiary of their sacrifices.