PDA

View Full Version : Aquarius- two sides

MutedBlue
01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
I haven't read much about Aquarians here. I am one, and I know three others. Those three are kind of psychologically scattered and their lives reflect that. I used to be like that but have been improving spiritually. Do we tend to either fall to one extreme or the other? Like we've either got it together pretty well or are a total mess? Hope this question makes sense.

mattie
01-07-2011, 12:48 PM
All signs have their strong points.

Most things are between 2 extremes.

MutedBlue
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh, I do understand that, I was just wondering if this sign was more prone to being at such ends of the extremes.

moke64916
01-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Balance is key.

MutedBlue
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I really hope I didn't make it sound like I thought Aquarians were a better sign than any others, that's not what I believe. Only that I noticed the tendency with the people I know compared to others I know of different signs. This probably wasn't the best question to create a thread with.:redface:

Kaere
01-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Hee - no I don't think it sounded like that.

I know hardly any other aquarians but the ones I do know are so different it's hard to define us under one thing. I do think the two sides is fairly accurate, in that what appears on the surface is hardly ever what's really going on. Gotta really know us to see it. Otherwise, it would seem like we're scattered all over the place - when it really just makes so much sense.

I'm not sure this post makes much sense to tell the truth lol

Sapphirez
02-07-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm psychologically scattered and I'm not an Aquarius hehe.. no, but I think there is a higher and higher occurrence of troubled people these days.
I haven't studied Aquarius a lot so I don't know much about it.. but in any event it's important to know the rest of your birth chart as well. The next few signs are similarly important as your Sun. Each planet sign imparts something else.
If we were going to assume Aquarians have a tendency to drown themselves then we'd pay extra attention to the other signs of your chart to see if they've helped to ground you more.. or you may just want to explore yourself so you know and understand what other cards are in the hand you were dealt :tongue:

Heptasteros
08-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Aquarius marries the elements of water and of wind. The very nature of that innate turmoil in the sign lends Aquarians to a certain level of inner - and outer - conflict. The easiest way I occasionally think of it in some astrological charts (dependent on placement and other factors in the chart) is with the symbol of the storm - but strictly speaking, Aquarius is the water-bearer who pours forth water from a pitcher clutched against his chest, and the element associated with them is that of wind.

Practically and very generally speaking, Aquarians are emotional and communicative. Words come to them naturally, or perhaps song or writing or other mediums of communication. They are a quiet stream of subtle passion that flows forth from the heart; often empathic, giving to and caring for others, often to a fault.

Granted, the above is in general terms. In real astrology, you could never have a complete reading based on one sign and one sign alone! You need the complete picture - not just that one piece. A person's full chart covers much more to paint a full image of all of them, the light of the stars and the hum of the planets granting to the true astrologer a complete understanding...

The fact that those who are Aquarians are often "a mess" likely has to do with a host of factors - but the fact that they care for others so deeply and give so much, as well as the inherent conflict of wind upon water, and the outpouring of communication perhaps often lost on deaf ears...may all contribute to the person struggling with themselves at times, or the consequences perhaps of overly-charitable actions.

But as I said...one sign is never the whole picture! It's only one tiny factor. Personally I wouldn't even draw a clear cause-and-effect (maybe not even correlation!) between that one sign and that characteristic... But that's just me.

Stellar_Steve
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
:wave: Aquarian here! I do find that I need to work on balance more than some others. I am fiercely passionate with those I care about but can be very stand-offish with those I do not feel connected with.

earthprowler
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I haven't read much about Aquarians here. I am one, and I know three others. Those three are kind of psychologically scattered and their lives reflect that. I used to be like that but have been improving spiritually. Do we tend to either fall to one extreme or the other? Like we've either got it together pretty well or are a total mess? Hope this question makes sense..

You can look up the meaning for Aquarius and find a picture of me, lol. I'm either in my own little world and not paying attention to anything going on around me or I can pull it all together and be able to focus on everything I need to do. I'm as scattered as they come and refuse to follow the group instead I'll turn and march the other way making up the music as I go along.

Gabes
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I a totally agree with Heptasteros, I am an Aquarius that has a major issue with balance. But I don't think being an Aquarius caused all my problems. Most of my probrem is probably due to the fact that I am also an Empath. If someone is in need I cannot keep walking, I often give too much & am so emotional I find it hard to get on with my normal life.

But on the other hand - I have a degree in science and am able to hold a very stressful consultant job in IT & be a great wife and mother... I don't know how I do it, but it happens.

The one big trait I think is most common in Aquarians is the eccentric part of their nature. I have yet to meet one that wasn't "weird" in some way and proud of it!!! Just like me :)

ravenstar
12-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I know a couple of friend Aquarians....their minds work so fast that they literally talk in shorthand lol. Their minds are always jumping and projecting out to the future. And when they do this they seem to lose the power of the present. They need to get back in their body's and back to the present.

Emotions, hmm, they have trouble expressing these and this is when their ability to communicate seems to almost shut-down. They are full of compassion for others that's no doubt....their mission is all about unity. One thing I do know, they don't like to be controlled, they love their freedom.

I think one lesson Aquarians are here to do is to be comfortable with their feelings. When they can do this, their throat can relax.....they are great speakers. :smile:

MutedBlue
18-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you for your responses and views everyone. Aquarius123, I appreciate you sharing your info and knowledge. Sometimes I find it very hard to understand myself. I agree that being comfortable with my feelings, not just knowing what they are, is a big challenge. There is so much to learn from the discussions here. :hug:

iolite
18-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm an Aquarius with moon in Libra. When I'm not my best, my thoughts tend to be scattered. When I'm at my best, my thought approach jumps from here, to there, logically. However, I can quickly arrive at a conclusion no one has thought of or a solution that hasn't been tried before.

Psychologically, I'm quite centered. Emotionally, I can be seen as aloof by people who don't know me. But it could be because I'm in pain or feel a little shy.

Twenty years ago when the Myer's Brigg personality test was all the rage for "team building" in the corporate world, I was declared an ENTP. Extroverted, iNtuition, Thinker, Perception. But I was low on the scale of extroverted. I have to be comfortable to be extroverted. But ENTP's or INTP's for that matter, thinking tend to jump around alot and we get bored very easily if not kept intellectually stimulated. We tend to have multiple projects going, because of that tendency of boredom.

Aquarian
19-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Aquarian INTP.

I can think quickly on multiple levels. A Scorpio friend described me as trying to pin down a cloud.
I often get caught out by formal problems though as I make real-world assumptions.

For me, emotions are a piece of cake. This may be even more important for Aquarians than other signs as we're soooo good when mentally free to design systems or solve problems.

I have very little interest in what most people are interested in and am highly independent hence Introvert. On the other hand, I'm quite happy to get on a stage and talk to tens of thousands of people.

I'm occasionally funny but usually in sincere-mode and the two are incompatible. I'm the most unusual person I know who's actually sane.

I have extremely poor motivation/discipline which is partly due to planets. And I can't stand routine or authority.

Kaere
19-07-2011, 09:16 PM
And I can't stand routine or authority.

I'm an Aquarius and I'm perfectly fine with routine and/or authority. As long as I have free reign to change it at any given moment and on a whim.

Herman123
20-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I am a Aquarias - is there anything specific you want to know?

cheers

Herman

Greybeard
23-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Sun sign astrology does not work insofar as depicting an individual. All sun sign astrology does is describe the sign of the sun's residence.

In order to see the true depth that astrology offers, you must refer to your unique individual chart, based on date, exact time, and place of birth. This chart -- horoscope, map -- must then be considered as a whole and synthesized and integrated. It must be seen holistically, as the gestalt of your character and destiny.

A human being is the most complex of living organisms. It is absurd to think that we can divide 7 billion people into 12 groups and expect any meaningful statement about a particular individual.

I am also a Sun in Aquarius. But that Sun is very strongly determined by a powerful Neptune, by an opposition of Venus to Pluto, a focalized Mars......in short, all these other factors are what describe my personality and life. The Sun is the center of the solar system, and is therefore, in the symbolism of astrology, the center of self. It is our essence. But all the other planets play their roles, and very often one or more is a predominant actor -- outshining the sun.

Neville
23-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Aquarius heh, I am One of them :smile:

MutedBlue
24-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Twenty years ago when the Myer's Brigg personality test was all the rage for "team building" in the corporate world, I was declared an ENTP. Extroverted, iNtuition, Thinker, Perception. But I was low on the scale of extroverted. I have to be comfortable to be extroverted. But ENTP's or INTP's for that matter, thinking tend to jump around alot and we get bored very easily if not kept intellectually stimulated. We tend to have multiple projects going, because of that tendency of boredom.

When I first took that test, I was an ISTJ, then when I took it again later, I answered the questions more honestly and not what I thought should be the answers. Then it said I was an INFJ. It seems to be another tool in trying to understand yourself. I try not to label myself as anything, but I can't help but want to delve deeper into not only what makes us all One, but what also sets us apart as an individual.

MutedBlue
24-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I am a Aquarias - is there anything specific you want to know?

cheers

Herman

Hi Herman. It wasn't anything in particular, just wondering if other Aquarians on the forum found they had more difficulty with thinking or acting in extremes than other sun signs they know.