PDA

View Full Version : The Hollow Higher Realm

Air Spirit
01-07-2011, 03:27 AM
I am ascending to the higher realm with ease. When I am there, it is hollow. Why? Where is the full spirit world?
Why do we ascend or what do we seek? I do not know what to do when i am there.

nightowl
01-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Maybe it is a place of waiting. Often when I enter prayer or meditation it is such a place a well, I wait...when I wait I ask Spirit to reveal what is meant for me to see or experience. And...sometimes I am to experience the place of waiting...:smile:

nightowl

Thrare
01-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Hmm, interesting question. I hope you don't mind if I respond with a question of my own, hopefully it will be helpful.

1) Based on your wondering where the full spirit world is, I imagine your ideal of spirituality is similar to mine in that you envision a very meaningful/active spiritual realm.

2) Based on your own observation this current spiritual space is hollow or empty.

These two statements lead me to this thought:

Are you really where you want to be spiritually, or is there more to your journey than ascending with ease?

Disclaimer: I have a lot of bias because spiritual growth is a tremendous ongoing challenge for me, and I have difficulty fitting the concept of it coming easily to anyone through my tiny skull.

Aquarian
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
There are higher realms than this. :smile:

Xan
02-07-2011, 03:59 AM
I am ascending to the higher realm with ease. When I am there, it is hollow. Why? Where is the full spirit world?
Why do we ascend or what do we seek? I do not know what to do when i am there.

Air Spirit... What you are calling the hollow realm is called 'emptiness' in Buddhism... but if you'll relax into it you'll find it is only empty of thoughts and images. It is full of pure silent Presence.

We ascend because it is our nature to explore all that we are... the lower human form and higher spiritual awareness. Either consciously or unconsciously we seek to know our wholeness.

When you are there in The Silence you get the most benefit as when you are here in this ordinary world... by simply being present with yourself and what you are experiencing in the moment.

Xan

deepsea
02-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Are you talking about the spirit world as such,a place where we go to when we pass over?

Have you read Silver Birch's books?
He describes the spirit world as a wonderful place,not empty as you seem to find it.
We usually arrive on the Astral plane.

Or else are you only having a OBE?

Deepsea

seeker2011
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I think Xan is describing it well, with better words than I seem to be able to find.

deepsea
02-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I think Xan is describing it well, with better words than I seem to be able to find.

He is indeed.
Wonderful description.

Air Spirit
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you all so much.
I suppose even if my spiritual realm is a place of silence, I'm not sure what I am to do when I am there. How can one use the higher self, might be my question.

Air Spirit... What you are calling the hollow realm is called 'emptiness' in Buddhism... but if you'll relax into it you'll find it is only empty of thoughts and images. It is full of pure silent Presence.

We ascend because it is our nature to explore all that we are... the lower human form and higher spiritual awareness. Either consciously or unconsciously we seek to know our wholeness.

When you are there in The Silence you get the most benefit as when you are here in this ordinary world... by simply being present with yourself and what you are experiencing in the moment.
Xan

Xan- yes, it is about fulfillment and i feel as if my higher self is empty. So in beginning to become a part with the higher self, do we take this higher self into the 'ego' world (real world, lower self, outside world ect)?
That is what I want to do. I wish to become the higher self, rather than live life through the lower self.

Thrare- no. i am not where I want to be spiritually. Far from it. It's a battle.

Deepsea- no, I am talking about the higher self upon this living world. And I suppose, I could be having an OBE, but I am not sure how to tell the difference.

Incidentally, I find it really ironic that my higher self is just as my lower self. Lost. My lower self was heavily formed in a place of being lost, over the years, my lower self found its way. And now that I am spending time connecting to my higher self, I find it also lost. Curious about the lower and the higher self being at such parallels. Does this mean anything?

Xan
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Air Spirit: Incidentally, I find it really ironic that my higher self is just as my lower self. Lost. My lower self was heavily formed in a place of being lost, over the years, my lower self found its way. And now that I am spending time connecting to my higher self, I find it also lost. Curious about the lower and the higher self being at such parallels. Does this mean anything?

Air Spirit... It's not that your higher self is lost as that would be impossible, but your lower self, your conditioned ego-mind is confused about the spiritual awakening transition you are in.

The open space of being doesn't fit into any of the mind's concepts and expectations so mind feels lost. As you go on your lower self will get used to this expansive whole awareness and accept it more and more. It's simply a relaxing within, but is a challenge nonetheless.

I suppose even if my spiritual realm is a place of silence, I'm not sure what I am to do when I am there. How can one use the higher self, might be my question.

The silent realm is not for 'doing' anything which is part of your mind's confusion. In this world everything is about acting and achieving and using resources. In the higher spiritual realms everything is about Being... simply abiding in this pure awareness... as it expresses itself through the body-mind.

Then we don't 'use' the higher self but we allow it to use us as we let go and live from That. This is surrender of the lower to the higher. As we go on our lives begin to flow with ease and grace in surprising ways, and we find there is much to experience and share that we could not have known any other way.

Xan- yes, it is about fulfillment and i feel as if my higher self is empty. So in beginning to become a part with the higher self, do we take this higher self into the 'ego' world (real world, lower self, outside world ect)?
That is what I want to do. I wish to become the higher self, rather than live life through the lower self.

We don't need to do anything but gradually allow the higher to integrate into the lower. Some call this an un-doing... letting go of how we are in the habit of holding on to some things and resisting others rather than allowing the natural flow of life, consciousness and love.

We do this most smoothly by giving up our mind's attempts to try to figure it all out, ending the battle... breathing down in the belly... and making it a practice to let go all the time.

Eckhart Tolle's books can help further with your understanding of what is happening to you and how to be with it. My favorite is "Stillness Speaks".

Xan