PDA

View Full Version : Need some help interpreting this Celtic Cross Spread

joe
01-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi, I recently started Tarrot cards and have been looking for a nice place to learn and this site popped up so I am looking to give it a try :).

Background:
I am having some trouble with this girl. We both really love one another, but she is Indian and well I am not. We are practically dating, but in her culture she can't call it that because there really is no such thing as dating. Dating is basically marriage. Currently, she is back in India for the next month and her parents are starting to pressure her with the whole arranged marriage and she does not know what to do.

So my question is related to whether I should stick with her and will their be anything in the future?

I have run this Celtic spread a few times and have been getting many of the same cards.

Card 1: Three of Pentacles
Card 2: Ten of Pentacles
Card 3: Page of Rods
Card 4: The Empress (III)
Card 5: The World (XXI)
Card 6: The Fool (0)
Card 7: The Hierophant (V)
Card 8: The Emperor
Card 9: Five of Cups (reversed)
Card 10: Two of Cups

Here is a picture of my tarrot spread(do not have 15 posts yet)
img706.imageshack.us/img706/1465/tarrot.jpg

If someone would like to help me that would be awesome because I am really confused as to how to interpret the last two cards

norseman
01-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi Joe !

5 of Cups [r] an unexpected and rapid change, overturning your whole way of life. Anxiety ! But, this change will lead to a new way of life, with different expectations and new friendships.

2 of Cups : harmony and cooperation in the area of relationships. Quarrels and differences in existing relationships will be sorted out and a new friendship or even a new romance may begin.

These sound like positive cards, Joe. :smile:

joe
01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi Joe !

5 of Cups [r] an unexpected and rapid change, overturning your whole way of life. Anxiety ! But, this change will lead to a new way of life, with different expectations and new friendships.

2 of Cups : harmony and cooperation in the area of relationships. Quarrels and differences in existing relationships will be sorted out and a new friendship or even a new romance may begin.

These sound like positive cards, Joe. :smile:

Thank you for the outlook. The five of cups always looks like sadness to me so i was confused to how the 9 and 2 of cups would relate and if it was a positive message.

The 2nd card being the Ten of Pentacles i think really relates to the overall theme of what is going on which is her families control over her. And the heiphorant and emperor are what her culture and father expects her to do.

But i think it looks like their is hope for a future, but its going to take a lot of work which will create new beginnings.

However looking at the 5 of cups I feel like their might be sadness I am not sure. It is hard reading for yourself...

green
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
one advice: next time do not combine 2 questions: do one spread with one question: should i stay with this girl?
question 2: if i leave her, would i find a new relationship ?

this way it will clear things for you and you know what you are focused on while understanding your cards

what is the good answer for? stay with this girl or have a great new relationship with someone else? or maybe both is possible? for sure you are having and good out come, yes, you will have to take few lessons but most of them would be much fun and love is there for you.. but with whom?
my inner feeling tells me with a new person.. but..i'm no God all knowing.

G

bionic
10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Seems like this girl is torn in terms of her self (card 7)... as if she feels pulled to do the right thing by her father, who is the paternal figure in her environment (card 8). Something new has occurred in her past (card 3) that has brought her into a more confident and willing state of mind. Although this state of mind is fresh, she will soon have to deal with the expectations put on her by her father and her role as a young woman in the family. Her worries are on her material realm. She's thinking a lot about her future happiness and how to bring that into her present (empress). There is an issue in terms of her job (not financial but ethically) because she is has found a lot of affluence and convention to suite her material and financial needs. Unfortunately, her emotions say otherwise... she is very burdened by the rigid ethics around her and wants to secretly break away so she can start a new relationship but that means sacrificing what she knows for more new vistas in her present.

This is what I got from the reading without channeling her energy and using any clarifiers. I'm not sure if you did this reading for you or for her, since it would differ in terms of Yourself.

I hope this has helped guide you in a positive direction. :)

joe
10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
wow you actually hit a lot of interesting stuff there and are describing her situation dead on.... Any chance you could do a tarot reading for me?

bionic
14-07-2011, 03:32 AM
certainly! i'll contact you more in pm :smile:

windwhistle
14-07-2011, 05:10 AM
I heard once that when you marry a person...you also marry their family. I didn't believe this until it happened to me and is still happening. In-laws influence our marriage openly or remain like the nagging splinters of childhood...waiting to be tweezed, plucked, dealt with or got rid of.

I lived in India for awhile. The culture is slowly becoming more westernized but is still a long way off. Many Indians resist western culture...dating, sex before marriage, women working. They also have the caste system and believe that the lighter the skin color the higher up a person is. If I were you, I'd think a bit about how marrying someone from an entirely different culture would affect you and your children who would be mixed.

Heard a friend tell me once...if it's not a heck YEAH...then it's a heck NO.in other words...when in doubt, don't do it.