PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars films

Space_Man
12-01-2006, 11:45 PM
http://www.knifton.com/images/yoda/yoda.h1.jpg

From Star Wars, Episode IV: The Empire Strikes Back:

YODA: ...my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... (Yoda pinches Luke's shoulder) ... not this crude matter. (with a sweeping gesture) You must feel the Force around you. (gesturing) Here, between you... me... the tree... the rock... everywhere!

The Star Wars films (http://www.starwars.com/themovies/) (arguably, perhaps) explore a story arc of innocence, a fall to evil, and then

Enlightener
25-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Personally I agree with George Lucas' spiritual themes in Star Wars, they are kind of Buddha. If you know what I mean :twisted:

Space_Man
25-01-2006, 05:17 PM
...they are kind of Buddha.
Care to elaborate? What Buddhist elements and/or themes do you detect in the story?

Enlightener
26-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Umm... haha can't really remember what it says but I do like the whole idea of the force being some spiritual energy that is everywhere in the universe or that IS the universe.

I find that it rings true with my beleifs about God being an energy that is the universe.

YODA: ...my ally in the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.

It is the energy in the space in between that holds everything together. The Here and the There are binded by the In-Between.

What do you think?

Space_Man
26-01-2006, 04:50 PM
....I do like the whole idea of the force being some spiritual energy that is everywhere in the universe or that IS the universe...It is the energy in the space in between that holds everything together. The Here and the There are binded by the In-Between.
Agreed. From what little I know about them, it does seem to describe certain aspects of both Buddhism and Wicca (if followers of either of those two faiths would like to chime-in on this, please do!! :wink: )

Then, any thoughts on how the