PDA

View Full Version : What's your preference ?

Adrienne
29-06-2011, 08:36 AM
When doing a reading with Angel or Oracle cards , what's your preference ?

Do you choose a 3 card, 5 card spread or choose cards randomly from the deck ?

And if you choose cards randomly from the deck, what is your method ?

Dream Angel xx

raradolly
04-08-2011, 01:21 AM
I've never used Angel or Oracle cards, so I can't voice a preference there.
Often I design my own spreads for any given situation, if I can't decide I use a 3 card spread or the Celtic Cross.
http://www.tarotcardmeaningsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/celtic-cross11.jpg
I do choose cards randomly from the deck when I put the cards down. I shuffle several times while I focus on my question or my subject's question, and I spread the deck out in front of me when I feel ready.
I focus on each area of the question as it applies to each place in my spread, for a 3 card spread that's the past, present, and future as it applies to my question. I hover with my hand over the cards and when I feel I've found the one I need for that position, I pick it up and lay it down.
This method generally works well for me for accurateness of readings, but I have to be in a mood where I can concentrate.
I also sometimes only use the Major Arcana or only use the Minor Arcana, depending on what the issue or question is.

Adrienne
04-08-2011, 01:33 AM
hi raradolly,

If you don't use the Angel or Oracle cards, you must be using the Tarot ? Thanks for sharing the diagram of the Celtic Cross. Wow, that one explains just about anything one wants to know ! I am not familiar with Tarot.

I like to choose my cards randomly from the deck. I shuffle the deck 3 times, then I shuffle once more with the question in my mind. Whichever card " jumps " out of the deck or sticks out of the deck, are the ones I go with.

One time a whole bunch of cards, " jumped " out of the deck ! I thought " oh my ! :icon_eek: do I need that much guidance ? " but then someone told me that was just cards falling on the floor. If more than one or two jumps out, it isn't for real .

Dream Angel xx

nightowl
04-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Hey Dream Angel,

I don't use angel cards but my sister does, I will be happy to share with you how she works with them. She doesn't do spreads per se she does pulls...it is usually the top three and then the bottom card, 4 is her number and she was lead to do this when she first started using them. She also quite often has a card, 'jump' out of the deck when she is shuffling them and they are always of significance to her.

nightowl

Asrais
04-08-2011, 04:18 AM
I use both angel cards and tarot - with the angel cards, I usually just shuffle until my intuition tells me to stop, then read the top card - usually I use the angel cards just for myself, so one card is enough. With the tarot I use a three card spread from the top (after shuffling, with the question in mind) then pull one random card from the middle of the deck.
With both decks, if any "jump" out while shuffling, I will include them in the reading.

Scorpio
04-08-2011, 08:05 AM
I always have questions or directions or how am i doing what do i need to be doing sort of questions then i ask my guide to pick the right cards for me which i wave my hand over slowly and pick what i feel they want me to pick... And most the time i get the right answers that help

Adrienne
06-08-2011, 12:53 AM
Always interesting reading about all the different ways to choose cards for a reading. Thank you for sharing !

Golden Angel
27-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I always tend to do a 3 card spread when using my angel cards, unless i hear a specific number then i will draw that amount of cards out of the deck.

Love Golden Angel ;)x

sunwolf411
15-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I use Native American Medicine Cards. I shuffle them several times, spread them like a hand of cards, and pick one my fingers are "attracted" to. I don't read for others, but the same spreads apply to Medicine
cards and Tarot

Adrienne
15-09-2011, 11:32 PM
hi sunwolf, interesting deck of cards you have, Native American Medicine Cards. What is a Medicine card ?

Dream Angel xx

kislany
21-09-2011, 07:42 AM
I usually use the 3 card spread, especially when I'm lazy (or in hurry). Even when I was doing early on angel cards found online, I went with selecting 3 cards.

Iseke
29-09-2011, 01:53 AM
I choose cards randomly.

I have a few different ways of doing it. Sometimes I will touch the back of each card until I feel the right ones. Sometimes I will sort of tap the deck until a card pokes out. Sometimes I'll go by which card I see first by accident, such as when I drop one. It's all very intuitive and works well for me. :)

Lynn
29-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Hello

I just recently had a deck of them make the choice to come home from the store with me. I had never used them before.

What I find happens with them for me is that a card is choosen for me by Spirit I know them as "Jumpers" that randomly just seem to be pulled from the deck . I have found that is the card that means something to the one I am doing it for.

I have been doing up a "Free" reading for Member's at a Metaphysical Socieity I belong to....and that is done with traditional Tarot (LOL though me deck is not traditional Halloween Tarot ) . Then afer I have gone over the reading I will ask on what the Archangle Cards have to offer and the card that comes relates to the reading I have done in the message.

I used the too at the first All Message Night I co hosted....where I had member's of the audiance randomly pick on as I felt their energies come into me. What came as a message was from a higer vibration than me and the message really meant something to them. Just the one title line told them what was there. I could then go into more details.

I know that they can be read traditionally and I have had readers do them that way for me....I had a 5 card reading done today. Was good.

Lynn

Adrienne
04-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks Iseke for the random choices ideas.

Adrienne
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I just recently had a deck of them make the choice to come home from the store with me.

I like when that happens :smile:

Your All Message Night sounds like an interesting event. Thanks for sharing your reading experiences Lynn . I like when the cards " jump " out of the deck ! I think of those as ones I need to pay special attention to.

Dream Angel xx