PDA

View Full Version : who are we created to "serve"

jturk
26-06-2011, 09:14 PM
i read that our reason for existing is to "serve" god or some other purpose. if you ask me, that sounds like slavery or something. maybe im missing something or just need some perspective, but to me, that sounds awful.

nightowl
26-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I can understand why you would think that, particularly if using the word serve.
In my view we are to 'become' to a place where we are part of something greater than ourselves, what I call recognize our God spark. In coming to this place of connection with the creator force we expand our view of life and each other so we see that we are all in this great big world together. In realizing we are all connected we realize that caring for one another and sharing what we can with each other is part and parcel of our existence, so in a sense we are serving each other but not out of slavery but out of love. :hug3:

nightowl

sprinter
27-06-2011, 12:26 AM
i read that our reason for existing is to "serve" god or some other purpose. if you ask me, that sounds sh*tty like slavery or something. maybe im missing something or just need some perspective, but to me, that sounds awful.

Have you ever read about or discovered in this existence a creation that serves no purpose? :confused:

Time
27-06-2011, 12:41 AM
No.... the bible doesnt teach subservance as we see it. Thats merely our perception of the bible.

In all reality, we are here to ensure teh survival of ourspecies. Thats the reason anything is here. Lifes main goal is to ensure that life, doesnt stop, only goes forward. In other words, its to survive untill you reproduce.

There are 2 things that set us apart from other animals. Our posable thumbs, and our freedom of will. We can choose our path.

SO the reason we were created, other then to ensure the survival of your parents bloodline, is to choose our own reasonm

Gracey
27-06-2011, 12:47 AM
capuchin monkeys have opposable thumbs.

Time
27-06-2011, 12:49 AM
But not as much as we do, niether the free will or technilogical minds that we do. We have FULLY opposable thumbs (thanks for the correction LOL)

ROM
27-06-2011, 12:50 AM
By fulfilling your own passions and pursuing that which you desire most in joyful activity you are serving God. Refrain from defining what "service" means from an earthly perspective.

sprinter
27-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Serve God,, or serve those who make themselves gods? Mmm, I never did like cheap imitations.

Time
27-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Ill say the same thing that i said to the mormans on bikes yesterday:

" just becasue it isnt the same beleif as you, doesnt mean the end is any different"

sprinter
27-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Ill say the same thing that i said to the mormans on bikes yesterday:

" just becasue it isnt the same beleif as you, doesnt mean the end is any different"

Did they look confused?? Cause that wisdom makes as much sense as a asking them to draw a square circle.

Different beliefs = differing outcomes, in the real world.

Time
27-06-2011, 01:33 AM
doesnt mean they arent talking about the same thing

Mathew James
27-06-2011, 01:41 AM
i read that our reason for existing is to "serve" god or some other purpose. if you ask me, that sounds like slavery or something. maybe im missing something or just need some perspective, but to me, that sounds awful.

Slaves never receive rewards.

People who serve/love God receive rewards.

mj

Perspective
28-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Different beliefs = differing outcomes, in the real world.Sprinter, good point, especially in regard to who/what we serve.
Each belief creates different outcomes, starting in our bodies... feelings, hormones etc... & extending to consequences of our actions- which are influenced by our beliefs.

IMO, we're created to serve the highest good (God).
In each circumstance, we try for what we think is best, through trial & error (what I consider to be love).

jturk
28-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I can understand why you would think that, particularly if using the word serve.
In my view we are to 'become' to a place where we are part of something greater than ourselves, what I call recognize our God spark. In coming to this place of connection with the creator force we expand our view of life and each other so we see that we are all in this great big world together. In realizing we are all connected we realize that caring for one another and sharing what we can with each other is part and parcel of our existence, so in a sense we are serving each other but not out of slavery but out of love. :hug3:

nightowl

very well put, that resonates because that seems to be how life works in that its rewarding to us to care for & love others.

Internal Queries
28-06-2011, 03:47 PM
i serve my Self ... Whoever that may Be.

3dnow
30-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Are you sure we are "created"??

If God can create itself we can also create ourself.

So the theory that we are created has no logic behind it.

3dnow

Gem
30-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't serve, and though I'm born and will die, have no idea about being created or ceasing, I only know that this life passes very quickly and one breath will be the last, so never concern myself with Gods, creation, purpose... there's nothing more than making dreams come true and it's a life to make the most of.

Internal Queries
30-06-2011, 01:02 PM
well, i can't get around it no matter how aggressively i assert my ego (and believe me i've tried.) i'm enslaved to Love and i'll serve "God" with as much grace as i can manifest. "God" Being my Self/my Soul/my People (Whoever We may Be.)