PDA

View Full Version : How do you KNOW when you aren't grounded?

mysterious
23-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Reason I ask is because you don't know until it gets worse (the off centre feeling), by which time you should have been grounded.

I mean if you often feel light-headed and often receive spiritual info how do you know WHEN you should ground yourself?:hug3:

Happy days Every one.

Spiritlite
23-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I know I'm not groudned if i take on other's emotions, if I feel bogged down, if I'm too much into drama, it's a good idea to ground daily.......
Spiritlite.

mysterious
24-06-2011, 12:07 AM
I know I'm not groudned if i take on other's emotions, if I feel bogged down, if I'm too much into drama, it's a good idea to ground daily.......
Spiritlite.

I mean I can't tell if I have absorbed somebody elses energy, because I can often act spontaneously mood and behaviour - this is probably me.
Also the following has happened to me many times: I have thought of someone, and then have acted slighly different - which maybe due to somehow absorbing their energy just by thought? Is that even possible?

This has been happening for as long as I can remember, so I can't tell if its my personality or otherwise?

P.S - I hope I am not crazy

OceanWaves19161
24-06-2011, 12:17 AM
For me personally I know when:

I knock/drop things
Become fearful, confused
Feel like my energies up too high in my higher chakras
Don't feel like my feet are touching the ground
Feel the need to connect with nature
Don't do things in a practical manner

Spiritlite
24-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Yes one can absorb another's personality yes I believe that I really think you need to ground everyday because you seem very empathic and empaths needs to ground and ocean great description of when to ground.
Spiritlite
Yeah and feel the need to connect to nature is a huge one for me too.

mysterious
24-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Spiritlite and OceanWaves19161 - that helps me alot, I always feel like that impractical, fearful, always receiving spiritual single pieces of info which don't make sense on their own...therefore I must be ungrounded.

Thanks again my spiritual friends - this forum is quite cool I mean I don't really have access to these resources in my area. Also find that in general the US is more aware of these things and the UK seems a little behind. I am from the UK and eventhough there are a few resources in these matters it can be sometimes be a challenge to find and to that experienced level.

Akairyuu
24-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I can normally tell when I'm not grounded enough when my energy is too concentrated on my higher chakras, when I get spacey and generally tired; my third eye normally gets quite buzzy or achy when I'm not grounded enough. I normally combat that with the mantras for the lower chakras :)

Perspective
24-06-2011, 01:37 PM
How do you know when you aren't grounded?
Good question! Not always easy to answer because it's similar to asking...
How do you know when you aren't illusional?
We're always somewhat illusional - selective awareness, for one thing.

Still...I'd say, some signs of not being grounded are....
Placing too much importance on feeling & intuition & not enough on logic & intellect,
Thinking & feeling more than doing,
Directionless - not striving for goals,
Avoiding reality by denying problems or addictions... &
Haven't enjoyed the outdoors for a while.

Spiritlite
24-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Mysterious you are welcome and I'm enjoying reading the answers as well.
Spiritlite.

ivy71983
24-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I think im ungrounded when i feel like my mind is all over the place and im worrying about 50 things at the same time. And of course my emotions run rampid (especialy around or pertaining to other people) Im working on it though =)

mysterious
24-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Still...I'd say, some signs of not being grounded are....
Placing too much importance on feeling & intuition & not enough on logic & intellect,
Thinking & feeling more than doing,
Directionless - not striving for goals,
Avoiding reality by denying problems or addictions... &
Haven't enjoyed the outdoors for a while.

That completely describes me, unfortunately:glasses3:

Spiritlite
24-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Sounds like you hvae to ground then :)
Spiritlite.

mysterious
25-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Sounds like you hvae to ground then :)
Spiritlite.

Do you think it would help if I wore a bracelet made out of wood or iron?:confused:

Spiritlite
25-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Hematite...get some hematite tumbled rocks and put them in your pocket that iwll help.
Spiritlite.

Topaz
25-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Do you think it would help if I wore a bracelet made out of wood or iron?:confused:

Wood is perfect for grounding :hug2:

Heavy grounders .. Black tourmaline ..Tiger Iron , Hematite. Pyrite.

Medium grounders Tigers eye, Copper , Carnellian, Smoky quartz ,Red jasper x

light grounders .. Desert rose . unakite , Jet and Petrified wood , Aragonite .

Have a feel and a little play with them and see which one grounds you x

lovingkind
25-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Spiritlite that is a very good solution. There are many stones and crystals that can help with grouding.
Mysterious if you have a tendency to absorb energy from others there are also several crystals and stones that can protect you from these energies.
Prehnite actually seals your aura in protectivenes.

mysterious
25-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys :thumbsup:

Topaz
25-06-2011, 06:39 PM
I tend to eat more and put on weight which is a sign I'm ungrounded :(

Sensitive to sound ,
Brain fog ,
and not listening to my music .

Spiritlite
25-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Excellent thread.
Spiritlite

Sundialed
26-06-2011, 04:02 AM
observing negativety within, if that comes it's because i have forgotten my heart. must always remember the wisdom of love

Topaz
26-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Wood is perfect for grounding :hug2:

Heavy grounders .. Black tourmaline ..Tiger Iron , Hematite. Pyrite, Garnet and Ruby

Medium grounders ..Tigers eye, Copper , Carnellian, Smoky quartz ,Red jasper

Light grounders .. Desert rose . unakite , Jet and Petrified wood , Aragonite .

Have a feel and a little play with them and see which one grounds you x

:hug3: Trust me to forget Ruby and Garnet :wink:

Wearing Earthy colours helps you ground , drinking water, walks with nature, grounding meditations , exercise, walnut bach flower remedy,herby salads, nuts and eating chocolate :tongue:

Spiritlite
26-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Or just sitting outside enjoying the sun's rays.
Spiritlite.