PDA

View Full Version : How do you learn?

Sangress
22-06-2011, 09:18 AM
This is probably covered somewhere on the forums (if anyone knows where then please feel free to link it) but anyways.....

I would like to know what your/everyones learning methods are.

Do you rely on yourself, others, books, facts, concepts, the most obvious answer.....etc? And in what order?

Personally I find that I rely on my own experience first (how I react, my own natural understanding....etc,) then I vaguely browse some facts to get an idea of whether my experience holds connections and similarities to the subject and then to get a broader view of it all I ask other people and get their opinions...etc.

So, in short order, I rely on myself (instincts) then facts and then other people.

But thats only part of how I learn, the learning itself is the interesting aspect of it...but before I go into unneeded detail and write any more I'd like to hear other peoples opinions.

Asrais
22-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I read and read and read. I love books and they have definitely been a major part of my spiritual path.

I go through stages during which I will read anything I get my hands on, then I'll get distracted and not come back to my books for months.

Like you, I trust my instincts over anything else, but I soak up information like a sponge, then filter out what I don't need:)

Eudaimonist
22-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Reading, pondering, experiencing, and discussing, in no particular order.

eudaimonia,

Mark

ZeroPointField
22-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I'd have to say my most difficult way of learning is through my instincts and any kind of learning that comes from inside me. There are certain areas where I strongly trust my own instincts, but in general its my worst method.

Like the above poster, I read a ton...anything I can get my hands on. And interestingly enough, I go through the same phases of reading tons and then not reading much at all for months.

As for people, I don't usually learn a lot of factual stuff from them, but some. But I learn very easily by watching and interacting with people....learn about their behavior and patterns, emotions, etc. After knowing some for a pretty short time, I can usually read them very well.

Overall the best way I learn is anything that's immersive, where I've got a ton of info flying at me in all different ways. Someone sitting with me and showing me every step patiently of how to do something, etc. and I will catch on very quickly.

zipzip
22-06-2011, 10:38 AM
most of my learning has been from my own experience and instincts. I like to discuss things as well.

zipzip

psychoslice
22-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Most of my best learning has come from unlearning all that I have learnt, until I was left with nothing but who I am.

Emmalevine
22-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Books and life experience, not in any particular order.

Fujiwara Kaito
22-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Books are perhaps the best way to learn, as you can learn at your own pace. It is also very good to know spirits with the knowledge you are after.

Blaze
22-06-2011, 01:43 PM
This is probably covered somewhere on the forums (if anyone knows where then please feel free to link it) but anyways.....

Do you rely on yourself, others, books, facts, concepts, the most obvious answer.....etc? And in what order?

Personally I find that I rely on my own experience first (how I react, my own natural understanding....etc,) then I vaguely browse some facts to get an idea of whether my experience holds connections and similarities to the subject and then to get a broader view of it all I ask other people and get their opinions...etc.

So, in short order, I rely on myself (instincts) then facts and then other people.

But thats only part of how I learn, the learning itself is the interesting aspect of it...but before I go into unneeded detail and write any more I'd like to hear other peoples opinions.
I admit your ways.

Lisa
22-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Most of my best learning has come from unlearning all that I have learnt, until I was left with nothing but who I am.

Have you nothing but pearls? :sunny:

Time
22-06-2011, 03:35 PM
By doing, and failing. I always choose the hard way for some reason...

John32241
22-06-2011, 03:59 PM

I also use my inner guidance as the primary source of information. My process of discovery goes something like this.

1) I ask specific questions from my highest vibrational tone. That is where I seek greater understanding that avoids argumentative or complaining mindsets.

2) I listen with great care to the insights that come to me. For that to work well you need to avoid personal bias and beliefs of any kind. I find listening is an art form in itself. Few of us are really able to calmly listen to what another is communicating. BTW God speaks to us in many ways. I find the best insights come from the most unlikely of places and people.

3) I devise a way to apply the insights I receive in some active fashion.

4) I strive to sense the full range of my experiences from those applied insights and reflect upon their meaning.

Then I go back to #1 with more specific questions.

I approach this process like a game or puzzle. It is up to me to make choices and apply the insights in appropriate ways.

I hope these views are helpful.

John

Bluegreen
22-06-2011, 04:43 PM
It depends on which aspects of life.

To understand people I have always analysed my own emotions, emotional responses and asked myself why such and such reaction. Why do I think what I think. Is it something in my up-bringing, my social environment, society. From within without. I have found that it works. It has brought me tolerance and acceptance of people as they are.

As to learning about life's questions such as where do we come from whence do we go. I get much from reading. And I do what everybody does: accept that which resonates until I it is replaced by something else. Learning never stops.

TzuJanLi
23-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Greetings..

I learn by doing, experiencing, and paying very careful attention..

Be well..

psychoslice
23-06-2011, 01:54 AM
Why, do you want me to throw you mind garbage ?.

Bluegreen
23-06-2011, 08:44 AM
:laughing3: :laughing6: :laughing3: :laughing9: :laughing4:

Blaze
23-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Put yourself together BG! :eek:

Lisa
23-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

You just did. lol!

I love your pearls. And what you say are pearls. I was cheering that.

silly :smile:

Bluegreen
23-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Put yourself together BG! :eek:

:icon_lol: :laughing4: Can't help myself. :D

moke64916
23-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Books helped me understand a lot. Being came when I found harmony in everything around me. It was an undoing everything I knew.