PDA

View Full Version : Lesson I learned

moke64916
20-06-2011, 01:20 PM
The mind can't grasp Being. It just can't. I was trying to Be. That was My problem. The mind just can not grasp the immeasurable the indescribable. I Know when I am not in My mind. In the mind, you can get in such deep thought that what you say may sound crazy. Yet when not in mind. You just know, and it makes since. Without waisting valuable energy thinking. You just know. I've learned how to stay in peace no matter what the circumstances are. By Being in my body. Not deep meditation. But always keeping part of your attention inside body while doing everyday tasks. Through my journey I came to the conclusion that time is an illusion. Before I read about it, yet couldn't grasp it. I now understand. All what you have is the Now. The future happens in the Now. The past is just memory. But nothing exists outside of the Now. I choose to stay Present in the Now. Bringing attention inside your body brings you in the Now. Time Ceases to exist. Psychological time goes away. In peace, I notice the beauty of things that I never saw before. Valuable lesson I've leaned is to try not to make since of it all. You can not make since in the mind out of no-thing.

Moonboots
20-06-2011, 06:33 PM
I enjoyed these words.

piper27
20-06-2011, 07:05 PM
The mind can't grasp Being. It just can't. I was trying to Be. That was My problem. The mind just can not grasp the immeasurable the indescribable. I Know when I am not in My mind. In the mind, you can get in such deep thought that what you say may sound crazy. Yet when not in mind. You just know, and it makes since. Without waisting valuable energy thinking. You just know. I've learned how to stay in peace no matter what the circumstances are. By Being in my body. Not deep meditation. But always keeping part of your attention inside body while doing everyday tasks. Through my journey I came to the conclusion that time is an illusion. Before I read about it, yet couldn't grasp it. I now understand. All what you have is the Now. The future happens in the Now. The past is just memory. But nothing exists outside of the Now. I choose to stay Present in the Now. Bringing attention inside your body brings you in the Now. Time Ceases to exist. Psychological time goes away. In peace, I notice the beauty of things that I never saw before. Valuable lesson I've leaned is to try not to make since of it all. You can not make since in the mind out of no-thing.
I think I mostly agree with the essence of your thoughts. Can you clarify the above highlighted part, and what works for you to be able to do that.
Thanks,David

tragblack
20-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I Know when I am not in My mind. In the mind, you can get in such deep thought that what you say may sound crazy. Yet when not in mind. You just know, and it makes since. Without waisting valuable energy thinking.

I can relate to this, and it reminds me of Krishnamurti.

I've learned how to stay in peace no matter what the circumstances are. By Being in my body. Not deep meditation. But always keeping part of your attention inside body while doing everyday tasks.

I know what you mean by "being in your body". Another term for it, as I interpret it, is "mindfulness".

Here is a website dedicated to the idea: mindfulness.org. In a nutshell, it is simply staying present in the moment-- usually associated with releasing tension from the body and staying aware of your body and all that you do and encounter.

I also recommend Krishnamurti.

All what you have is the Now. The future happens in the Now. The past is just memory. But nothing exists outside of the Now.

Xan
20-06-2011, 07:25 PM
...always keeping part of your attention inside body while doing everyday tasks.

When we do this we are not actually focused in the physical body, but in our inner self which is most easily accessed this way.

I call it Breathing Within... a practice for meditation awareness in daily life.

Xan

moke64916
21-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I think I mostly agree with the essence of your thoughts. Can you clarify the above highlighted part, and what works for you to be able to do that.
Thanks,David
Bringing your attention inside your body will bring you in the now. Out of your mind. Free of time. Like Xan said. Feel your inner energy field, not the body itself. But your inner energy field. You feel it "through your body. The less attention you put on your mind by bringing your attention inside your body. The less energy you are giving your mind. Then You might start thinking, but you are not attached to the mind. Your thinking is beyond mind. Instead of Being your mind. You are observing the mind.

Spiritlite
21-06-2011, 03:03 PM
You're wonderful Moke I enjoy reading your posts and threads.
Spiritlite.