PDA

View Full Version : You only live twice

seeker2011
18-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I can find no reference for "You only live twice" on google, other than the Bond film. I was thinking it might be a biblical reference, but apparently not.
However, I am thinking it could refer to the "born again" principle of becoming spiritually aware. What my religion calls 'baptism'. It happened to me on Easter of 2007. My psychic reader calls that significant.
Losing the selfishness of thinking all the world revolves around me, I began a long (as seen from retro and current spect) series of growth experiences, I will not say ascencion as that is something entirely different, and not something the body will be around afterwards to talk about, imo.
Now, I believe we only get one occurance of being 'born again' and from then on, it's a matter of wanting to find out what we are and where we originate, and why we are encased in matter. In fact, a very long series of whys and whats and hows.And I think this process will continue until my spiritual partners and I feel I no longer need a physical body.

gentledove
19-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Well, if you somehow know that we are born only twice, then who am I to argue?

I never even knew we could be born more than once until I met someone I knew and I mean knew through and through. I "knew" we'd been together for a very loooooong time and there was not one question in my mind about that. So that would mean to me...at least twice.

I suppose I was "born again" as I was lifted to atonement within the Light/God and purified. I suppose that could be considered being "reborn" as the state of purity and innocence was "reset" so to speak.

Anyway, I can hear you are seeking (as am I). I feel as if the only advantage given me was that experience...and so now yes, the crutches are removed and I'm having to progress on my own...well, except I have my fellow spiritual seekers such as yourself, and well of course the angels watching over me (I keep them busy:wink: )...oh and God. Oh wait, maybe I'm not alone!

Xan
19-06-2011, 02:38 AM
seeker... In my experience of spiritual discovery have been a few new births into a deeper level of being, with many more small breakthroughs. It's an ongoing evolving process.

Xan

ROM
19-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Don't you think that only being allowed to be born twice is restrictive? There's no limits in life, that's the fun of it. We can come back again and again, as many times as we like, if that's where our journey takes us.