PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness.

dreamer
14-12-2006, 01:40 PM
There was once a couple who had a child. The child was the most precious thing in the universe to this couple and they loved him unconditionally. They never once lost there temper with him and were always loving and kind towards him. If the child wanted something they would always give him exactly what he asked for without question or judgement and with total love for him.

As the child grew he became accustomed to always getting what he wanted from his parents and it came as quite a shock that other people did not treat him in this way too. The child became a boy and other children would turn away from him and say he was spoiled because he always expected everything to be done the way he wanted and was never willing to share or compromise. The boy had few friends and as he grew he became bitter and angry at the world around him. His parents continued to love him unconditionally and to cater for his every whim and fancy. As the boy grew older and more bitter he started to turn his anger towards his parents for the way they had brought him up and his demands of them became greater and greater. The boy

chi chi
14-12-2006, 11:01 PM
that really was a heart wrennching story dreamer was so beautiful too
love chi xxx

Enlightener
15-12-2006, 09:46 AM
yeah that was awesome

I don't want to get all deep and personal but I feel it is the same way with my parents, except the otehr way round.
I show them unconditional love and all they do is get angry at me.
Though I shall never stop loving them for who they are because they have brought me so much joy.

Enlightener

dreamer
15-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys, I was welling up when I was writing it. I had been thinking that I am so ungrateful to my heavenly father and mother who give me everything I ask for and love me unconditionally and wondered if my ingratitude causes them pain and sorrow. All the bad things I've done hurting that which loves me most, not a nice thought but maybe one that will humble me a bit. What do ya reckon?

Vajra
15-12-2006, 04:15 PM
I am very glad you posted this story, it is one that shows how much forgiveness is needed to ascend and progress. I believe so strongly in unconditional love and forgiveness because it can only bring us deeper into the spiral of all that is, and everyone needs it, no matter the situation, every person is still a child within and needs this nurturing to feel like they are needed and that they belong. Without it, we would be so cold hearted and unforgiving that it would destroy the very ground we walk on. *~Namaste~*

ljepotica
11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey dreamer,

That was an amazing and beautiful-really lovely:)

Well you did two great things:

1) Posting this story.
2) Realising...you feel bad about what you did to your parents but you REALISED that you had been not good towards your parents-and yourself. Not everyone realises their errors...some people go to their grave being bitter, twisted, torn and angry-which is very bad!
Think about it, your parents now see that you also see unconditional love towardds them, that you want to right the wrong that you did-how do you think that makes them feel? To have their son following their footsteps...

It seems as if you've learnt what they were about and no they would never want you to be unhappy.
You are sad but do you think your parents would prefer to see you sad carrying on with your guilt or would they perhaps prefer that you have realised now where they were coming from and being happy and greatful to have known them?

Sometimes we react in a not so positive way towards unconditional love because deep down inside we don't believe that we deserve it-but we all deserve it and we all deserve to give it.

I was haunted after the death of my parents as I hardly ever showed them gratitude for all that they gave me...what's more I discovered how amazing they were as people after their death...it could have carried on eating away at me until I decided to hold positive, loving and caring memories of them and to love them unconditionally...

Take care,

Lots of love and positivity,

xxx

dreamer
11-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey Ljepotica, its even more so when you consider our heavenly parents are always there loving us, giving us everything we ask for every moment of the day and a lot of the time we do not even acknowledge their existence. Thanks for the kind words.

I liked your post Vajra, I agree, how can love be received unless we forgive ourselves, how can we forgive ourselves without asking for forgiveness for what we have done wrong? How can we ascend without a perfect love that fills us completely?