PDA

View Full Version : Can you survive?

cweiters
09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Can you survive without modern conveniences? I sometimes test myself and my children how long can we survive without morder conveniences. I was amazed at our suvival skills Have you ever thought about living with without things such as:
Electricity
Cars
Indoor pluming
Microwave
Cell Phone
Laptops
Computer
Internet
Washing Machines & Dryers
Vacuum Cleaner
Gas or electric oven
Refrigerator
Ice
Hot water
Central heat & Air
Clocks
Telephones....Post its...etc.........
All this stuff we have become so dependent upon, big and small all are wonderful ideas and great inventions. My question is can you survive without it?

Love
cw

Enlightener
11-12-2006, 02:49 AM
The simple life can be very rewarding. With all the distractions in our modern life we can become quite closed to the awareness of divine.
One day I want to live in the country somewhere and practice living a simple life, expand my spiritual awareness and my mind.

Enlightener

tiltjlp
11-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Well, I don't live the simple life, but maybe a simpler one than many folks. I don't have a car or a microwave, and have never had nor well have a cell phone or a laptop. And there have been times I've been without Internet service. Being a mostly retired writer and edited, I would hate living without my computer, but most of my life they didn't exist, so I'd survive. I've also endured week long power outages, and always have canned food, so I'm prepared for the worst. Being old and enfeebled to some degree, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't last too long in the wilderness. But beyond that, I'm fairly adaptable.

John

cweiters
11-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Do anyone feel the powerwaves that come from these gadgits? Well I do and they bother me. I must disconnect from them a day or two, sometime longer, I have to turn off the power source to all the phones land and cell, radios, TV's, microwave, in othewords electric things seem to drain me of my own energy.

Even the radio in my car must go, silence, and simplicity is rejuvinating to me.
I do my best to teach my children how to survive without these gadgits.

How to heat your food without microwave

My mother and I live in the same neighborhood, if I want to her a message sometimes I just simply walk to her house

Letter writing is not so popular with children these days, thank to this wonderful machine we call a computer.

I like to sweep and hand wash me dishes, now we have machines for both.

Wow electric people, robotics.

Electricity is not my source of power! This is why I muct continue to disconnect when I feel the overload.

Love to all
cw

Enlightener
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I kind of get that too, though you seem to be taking it to the delusional level. I can sense when the TV is on from the other end of my house.
Usually I know when someone is switching it on, it kind of emits a high pitch frequency sound.

Enlightener

tiltjlp
12-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I kind of get that too, though you seem to be taking it to the delusional level.

Enlightener

Possibly one person's delusion is another's reality?

John

BLAIR2BE
12-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Very interesting cweiters,
Many things come to my mind while reading this thread. First, it IS possible that many in the "developed" world MAY one day have to survive without these modern conveniences. Now I’m no doomsdayer, but if one can be truthful with ones self and analyze the news/what’s going on in the world with a practiced eye, then the possibility does indeed surface. A nuke? Not as likely as it used to be but possible. An economic meltdown is more feasible. Or perhaps war (much of Iraq is now without power, clean running water and gasoline; yes gasoline!). As an American I must think about the possibility of a depression or worse as the value of the dollar is “rapidly” deflating (pay no attention to a “strong” economy, this does NOT reflect the value of the dollar). In an economic collapse electricity and fuel could become a hoarded commodity.

Another possibility that springs to mind is the ELECTRICAL affect on our bodies and spirit. We are electricity. Simple as that. I have little doubt that all of these millions of devices, that surround us everyday everywhere, emit some electrical discharge. How does this affect OUR electricity? I wonder. I forget the really good internet sights so if anyone wants to find the info you’ll have to do your own research; there are many, MANY people (laymen and scientists alike) that research the potential of frequency and electricity; for use as weapons, mind control, weather control, atmospheric manipulation, mind expansion, free energy, anti gravity, the list goes on forever (some theories seem more realistic than others, but the field is absolutely fascinating). So, how does all of this affect us? That, to me, is a 10 million dollar (not worth as much these days lol, ahh sick lol’s) question…

ANYWAY, yes I can survive if I must. I’ve gone camping, hiking, etc since I was a small child. My father has as well (though more “survival” campouts than I) and he has always taught me the survival techniques. I am very confident in my abilities to survive with little more than a cigarette lighter and a buck knife. I don’t really want to (a week mabey, just for fun. more than that? wouldnt want to.) but I know I could survive if the need was there.

kundalini
12-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Hey great thread CW.

In response to Enlightener's statement that CW seems to be taking it to a delusional level, I would just like to say this:

Not at all. I fully understand that electric fields bother her because I can also sense them. It actually seems perfectly acceptable to me that CW can sense these fields as she is psychically detecting them. On some level, humans know that these electrical fields effects upon the human electromagnetic field is not fully understand and are potentially harmful and therefore their very presence can be bothersome IMO.

To answer the question, it is a way of living that I have thought about before. In addition to the previous answers that have been given here, I would just like to add that humans have lived without these appliances before and to me, that means that we could live without them again. I suppose adaptability would be key here if the human race were suddenly thrust into such a reality.

Kundalini.

Enlightener
13-12-2006, 02:08 PM
I was only joking kundalini

Enlightener

kundalini
13-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I was only joking kundalini

Enlightener

No worries Enlightener...I thought you said it in a serious manner and so responded in a serious tone, 'tis all! Sorry for misinterpreting.

Kundalini.

Enlightener
14-12-2006, 03:24 AM
that's cool, it does get kind of hard to interpret things in writing when you are not able to hear the tone.

Enlightener

karen
02-02-2007, 02:57 AM
Hi everyone..:hello:
The car and the fridge would be where i would have to learn to cope. We live out of town a fair way so i guess our horses would soon learn what hard work meant..lol

Seriously though and more importantly can we survive spiritually WITH modern day conveniences with so much to distract us (a test in itself). Its so important to show God that he comes first and to believe he will provide everything you need if all else fails. Modern day technology is wonderful when it works...lol...as long as it doesnt take you away from your relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Biddle-Tuddle
02-02-2007, 05:38 AM
When I come to think about it, about 10 years ago I once lived in extreme poverty. I didnt have any of the the things that were described at the beggining of this thread...besides the clock.

I actually got kinda used to it, but it did take me about 2 years or so to get completley used to it.

When I think about it now, I couldnt survive a single day without my PC....god, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Kaliayev
11-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I surived in the rainforest and a canyon in the desert for a week. I can make fire, find shelter, get clean water, find food and a bunch of other stuff. Admittedly, this is made a lot easier with a cigarette lighter, knife, puritabs and a compass, but these are hardly the same as a fully working kitchen and supermarket.

cweiters
11-04-2007, 02:11 PM
There was a time people had to labor for food, clothing, shelter, most of the necessities. Now modern conveniences leave very little time for labor, machine are doing the job people once had to perform. The quality was much better because there was a soul doing the work. Most people pride themselves on doing a good job.

Have we lost the quality of living with the use of modern conveniences, appliances, machines?

Maybe all this chaos and confussion is a result of to much free time not enough labor, what ya think?

Love to all
cw

Kaliayev
11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
You know, Marx said the same thing about labour division in relation to capitalism. It may not be technology per se but the current economic configuration. Even if you are not a Marxist (and I most certainly am not) some of his critiques of 19th century society are still very valid.

ashti
29-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Just loved this thread....

I would be able to cope quite well without electrical gadgets - we have enough power cuts?

Treasured possesions are my box of matches and my cuddly blanket that I was given as a 21st birthday present - for my bottom drawer - thought my Grandad has lost the plot at the time? It is the most disgusting yellow colour but soooo warm and snuggly - I often sit in fire light just pondering with it wrapped around me! No company allowed ofcourse - my friends would howl with laughter!

Serious thought though - we are going through a global warming - should we be teaching our children the real basics as history of evolution shows that what follows is an ice-age? Just a thought?

One of my favourite authors is Jean Auel - Clan of the cave bear - sure I was there! Will keep the series of books for my bonnie baby! Lessons in fiction?

love to all x

ashti
29-04-2007, 09:08 PM
PS. I hate my mobile phone! Why should I be contactable 24/7 ?

Emmalevine
30-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Fascinating thread.

I could manage without most modern convienances with the exception of the internet. Beacuse I'm in bad health and don't get out much, the internet has been a lifeline for me. I even do my shopping via the computer! I would really struggle without it. I think I could cope quite easily without everything else though. I'd manage with a gas cooker, and I don't use the microwave apart from rare occasions, so that isn't a problem. It would be a pain without a fridge freezer, but I would just have to be more creative with what and when I buy items. It would be a pain without the TV set but I only watch 2 programmes on a regular basis, and I would learn to live without them. Like some of you mentioned I've noticed that I feel quite ill around electrical appliances. The TV especially can make me feel really drained and after watcing a film I feel like going to bed. I have to be careful how muhc time I spend online too, as if I'm in front of the computer too long I can feel quite dizzy.
I agree there's a possibility of having to go without our hi-tech lifestyles in the future. Scary thought but it could happen. Technology can drive a distance between our minds and divine selves so I think it's important to keep focussed on the natural world and our spiritual development, rather than let technology become a big focus.

I forgot about the mobile phone - to be honest I would manage fine without my phone. I do text a lot but I'm aware lately it's become more like an addiction, lol. I think we can rely on them too much and we're getting lazy. I hardly know any of my friend's numbers now as I just press the dial button on my phone. It's quite bad really if you think about it. I'd like to just go back to the "dark ages" before mobiles were thought about sometimes. But getting rid of my phone isn't an option at the moment!

Pounamu
30-04-2007, 11:30 AM
There was a time people had to labor for food, clothing, shelter, most of the necessities. Now modern conveniences leave very little time for labor, machine are doing the job people once had to perform. The quality was much better because there was a soul doing the work. Most people pride themselves on doing a good job.

Have we lost the quality of living with the use of modern conveniences, appliances, machines?

Maybe all this chaos and confussion is a result of to much free time not enough labor, what ya think?

Love to allcw

It is the opinion of my ascending friends that we very likely will indeed have a period of chaos in which these technological gadgets we surround ourselves with will no longer be available. Just imagine, for instance, if just one thing -electricity - suddenly became unreliable and then stopped altogether! There would be no transport - no food or other goods delivered, because the fuel for trucks & cars would not be able to be pumped... no air conditioning nor electric heating... no water nor sewage pumps... no garbage collection... no communications depending upon electricity... a large slice of the Western world population at least, would die within weeks!

It seems that electrical appliances in our environment do cause an insidious agitation and disharmony in the human energy field, which results in a tendency to lack of peace, tenseness and argumentative, agressive behaviour and tends to distance us from awareness of our spirituality... the last time in history that this effect became a real problem was in the Atlantean civilisation, as they had even more electrical and other high technology than we have today - and it contributed to the madness which finally resulted in the end for Atlantis.

The original human settlers whom we are told were landed here by the Sirians, lived a simple tribal life, and were purposely not given any but the most primitive technology for their survival - and they went on to develop a peaceful lifestyle that was well in tune with the Nature Kingdoms and sat lightly upon the Earth, for thousands of years. In order to get to that state again, and recover the Earth from the degraded state she is in, it seems likely that technology will have to be lost again, and humans learn to do things by hand much more. You can perhaps imagine how much of a revolution that will be to most people! Some may find it possible to get by on camping skills, but many who lack these will likely be very hard pressed. Or so I believe...

Pounamu

cweiters
30-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Thank you Starbuck this is the bottom line.I agree there's a possibility of having to go without our hi-tech lifestyles in the future. Scary thought but it could happen. Technology can drive a distance between our minds and divine selves so I think it's important to keep focused on the natural world and our spiritual development, rather than let technology become a big focus.

We must never lose focus of our own natural inner spiritual strength. This is the stuff that carves our greatness imho. Totally reliant on God, Self, and the Universe to sustain our existence, not these man made machines we all have become to dependent upon.

We already live with the desperation of people who are without money or who feel they just don't have enough. Which inmo is the root of much violence in America.

Pounamu I realize there are many people hungry in this world but I don't want to see the desperation of people living without food in America. Yes I know there there is a growing number of hungry homeless people, at this point in time there is still a place for refuge in America. The spirit does not require bread and water, the body can sustain with very little if I am spiritually grounded.

Love to all
cw

m.namasivayam
12-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Can you survive without modern conveniences? I sometimes test myself and my children how long can we survive without morder conveniences. I was amazed at our suvival skills Have you ever thought about living with without things such as:
Electricity
Cars
Indoor pluming
Microwave
Cell Phone
Laptops
Computer
Internet
Washing Machines & Dryers
Vacuum Cleaner
Gas or electric oven
Refrigerator
Ice
Hot water
Central heat & Air
Clocks
Telephones....Post its...etc.........
All this stuff we have become so dependent upon, big and small all are wonderful ideas and great inventions. My question is can you survive without it?

Love
cw
millions and millions of people are surviving still without these:hug3:
why not me?