PDA

View Full Version : troubled conscience

Honza
05-06-2011, 12:51 PM
It will take me a while to find peace. Why? Because my conscience is so troubled and dishevelled that it will take me time to sort through all the issues and come to rest.

The world has entered my conscience and has raised hell within it. The worlds problems bear down on me. My conscience is disrupted. It affects my thinking and my decision making.

I think that those people who's conscience is at peace are much more likely to find peace within themselves. They are more likely to be happy.

A troubled conscience requires and demands answers. It is looking for peace and solutions.

Prokopton
05-06-2011, 01:00 PM
This may seem a strange reaction but I'd like to congratulate you.

I think you are correct -- in fact I would go further an say a quiet conscience is necessary for peace. This may mean doing the psychological thing of getting rid of carping inner critics, but there is a deeper aspect, something welling up within that shows the way, the truth, and for me that's what the conscience is.

If you can do what you are doing, if you've seen all those tangles and realized they need sorting out, you've actually taken a big step IMO.

Jules
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I sooooo wish we had a 'like' button .. hi 5 to both posts :)

It IS looking for peace and solutions .. and the only way to find that is through self awareness and acceptance. Accept the things you cant' change and change the things you can.

Namaste
J x