PDA

View Full Version : time to act

seeker2011
04-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm going to start a revolution, a spiritual revolution, in my own home.
I have a body I'm responsible for, it's been in the world for ten years now. I going to stop telling it "you can do it", instead I'm going to phrase everything as "You can make your body do it" or "you can make your mind do it for you" or "you can control that emotion that is trying to force you to believe it is you".
Every single person I witness, trying to train their kid to do something says the former version "You can do it", thereby reinforcing in that child the fallacy belief that they are their body. Which I believe is one of the single most devastating influences on the Earth.
One objection I can hear is that it might instigate a personality split or some other mental/emotional derogatory condition. But I believe he's capable of handling it. I believe all children are capable of handling it.
It's time to act, and try to change the world of men.
God's world is still beautiful, man's world is the source of all the negative I percieve and appear to be overly concerned with. I'm sick of that.
Everywhere in the world, people are obsessed by the notion that they are their bodies. NOt just the decadent west. Not just the disgustingly backwards (judgement I know) middle east where it's still an accepted practice to throw acid in the face of a woman who rejects an advance by the supposed superior gender.
What is the cause of repression?
What is the cause of war?
What is the cause of crime?
I think it boils down to the belief of those who think they are their bodies.
The hardest part of this for me, is forcing myself to see past the body indentified personality, and recognize the sleeping spirit who sent it forth into the world of matter with the hopes of having it wake Him up and smell the consciousness.
Anyone agree?

psychoslice
04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Yes but after we realize that we are not the body, we then can come back to the body and really live for the first time, enjoying what the body has to offer us, because without the the body we are pure Source, but pure Source cannot see itself, cannot see the beauty that it has made in the objective world, the mind body organism and pure being go together, their not in competition with each other.

seeker2011
05-06-2011, 01:18 AM
99.9999999% of people in the world cannot get past this.
the body is nothing more than a manifestation of illusion, in matter, it is no thing.

How singular must i be?

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm going to love this thread, I really have no opinions other than at times it's hard to realize you are not your body like for example my ankle is hurting me like hell right now, how do I get past that?
Spiritlite.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm going to love this thread, I really have no opinions other than at times it's hard to realize you are not your body like for example my ankle is hurting me like hell right now, how do I get past that?
Spiritlite.
Hi Spiritlite, yea i know all about pain in the ankle, I was shot by someone standing along the highway many years ago, I have suffered much pain ever since, what I have done through my apparent Awakening was to see the pain as not belonging to me, its there in the body but you just don't own it, of course there are times that I do get caught up in the pain but then i just emerge from it and see it below me, when i am in this state of not owning it, the pain is much more bearable.

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Its very hard to get past physical pain.....because well..........it hurts like hell especially when it is constant.......I haven't worked out how to yet.......I guess its part and parcel of our human experience and also a means for us to keep our body in better condition if we ignore it, God knows what would happen to our bodies.

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 02:32 AM
the body is nothing more than a manifestation of illusion, in matter, it is no thing.

How singular must i be?

And if you can get to a point of realising what you have said.......does that mean when you break a bone it doesnt matter or if you get stabbed you wont bleed?
Im asking because I dont know if coming to a point of knowing its an illusion..does that stop the body from hurting bleeding or dying from abuse inflicted upon it?........

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Yeah I hear you both but this ankle thing is from injuries while I played netball as a kid in South Africa and just a weakness in my body, I guess I should look up what it means in my life to have a weak left ankle that really right now is scaring me.
Spiritlite.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Yeah I hear you both but this ankle thing is from injuries while I played netball as a kid in South Africa and just a weakness in my body, I guess I should look up what it means in my life to have a weak left ankle that really right now is scaring me.
Spiritlite.
If I can do it after having my ankle nearly blown off, I know you can, have you got movement in your ankle ?.

TzuJanLi
05-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Greetings..

How singular must i be?
Ask yourself why it is that day after day, this "no thing" keeps appearing.. why does this 'illusion' consistently represent 'You', why is it uniquely 'yours'..

I know, right.. it sounds so cool to say such 'spiritual' things.. but, the body is spirit in tangible form, it is such specifically so spirit can explore its own existence.. the body-mind gets a really bad rap from people who want to sound cool.. the only way to illustrate that you really believe what you say about the body, is to get rid of it, but.. 0.001% of the population actually does that, and 95% of those are for treasons other than proving they don't really believe the body is real.. bottom-line, lotta talk, not much walk..

Be well..

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Metaphysical meaning of Ankle problems: ..... inflexability and guilt....inability to to receive pleasure
Affirmation:
I deserve to rejoice in life...I accept all the pleasure that life has to offer

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 02:52 AM
oh yeah psycho I have movement a ER doc told me what I did but I can't remember but it hurts and it's like that deep down pain I'm not trying to say oh woe is me but I don't like pain...who does...but it will be okay I'll see my chiropractor this week and I agree you went thru and still do a hell of a lot worse than my meek injury.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Ankle..... inflexability and guilt....inability to to receive pleasure
Affirmation:

Yep wheenver I have ankle issues it's when I feel very guilty and I'm feeling very guilty.
Spiritlite
Thankyou for that so much.

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 02:57 AM
You're welcome, I also find that the metaphysical meaning of an ailment usually is fairly accurate in assessing whats happening in your /our lives ie emotions etc.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Metaphysical meaning of Ankle problems: ..... inflexability and guilt....inability to to receive pleasure
Affirmation:
Hi Dragonfly, its funny that's just how i once was, full of guilt, blaming myself for my moms death, I thought that i wasn't good enough to receive from others, at this time my ankle gave me a lot of agony, but now that I have realized that it wasn't my fault and that I am worthy of receiving from others my pain is now much more bearable.

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Yes Dragon I used to have a book on it I think by Hay about physical ailments relating to something spiritual and I find it very true...thankyou.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Psycho you're proof that your ankle injury had all to do with guilt...thankyou for confirming.
xoxo
Spiritlite.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:04 AM
oh yeah psycho I have movement a ER doc told me what I did but I can't remember but it hurts and it's like that deep down pain I'm not trying to say oh woe is me but I don't like pain...who does...but it will be okay I'll see my chiropractor this week and I agree you went thru and still do a hell of a lot worse than my meek injury.
Spiritlite.
I have found that by eating a good balance diet, lots of fruit and raw vegetables, it has also helped my situation, I don't eat meat so i don't have uric acid building up in my joints, this acid can act like minute pieces glass rubbing together which of course causes pain.

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 03:04 AM
I google it, I love google.......google is my friend..........lol

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Ive been eating meat for the past few months slice which i dont normally do, and ive had shocking pain and stiffness in my knees, it makes me feel old......and my heels so much pain in the back of my heels..........i wonder if its from eating meat or red meat to be precise

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Ive been eating meat for the past few months slice which i dont normally do, and ive had shocking pain and stiffness in my knees, it makes me feel old......and my heels so much pain in the back of my heels..........i wonder if its from eating meat or red meat to be precise
It could, the only way you'll find out is just by experimenting, I don't like to bush vegetarianism onto anyone but i do know that it has worked for me, just try to increase your fruit, or have less meat and more veges and salads on the plate, drink plenty of water and keep the joints moving ever day.

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 03:18 AM
I used to do that but Ive become really slack with my diet and my body is going into break-down mode im sure of it........diet is so very important especially a good one.......but my motivation to do anything worthwhile for myself left me about 6 months ago for some reason.

NightSpirit
05-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Yes but after we realize that we are not the body, we then can come back to the body and really live for the first time, enjoying what the body has to offer us, because without the the body we are pure Source, but pure Source cannot see itself, cannot see the beauty that it has made in the objective world, the mind body organism and pure being go together, their not in competition with each other.

I think Slice summed it up nicely in this post. Nothing more to say. :smile:

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:25 AM
I used to do that but Ive become really slack with my diet and my body is going into break-down mode im sure of it........diet is so very important especially a good one.......but my motivation to do anything worthwhile for myself left me about 6 months ago for some reason.
That's interesting, I wonder what it was that left you, maybe if you could dig that up and try to deal with it, I know that you are a strong woman, and I know you can do it, you could make a day to day diary of your findings on your space thread, I'll be there for you.:hug3:

Dragonfly1
05-06-2011, 03:30 AM
Thanks slice very kind words...... I'll give it some thought xx

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Funny but the past month I've been eating the best I've eaten in years, I have all colors of vegies everyday whether freshly juiced or eaten, getting more fiber etc etc. It just makes me feel better and yes move those joints it helps to get the toxins out those joints yoga is a good way to do what. Also lots of water to help release toxins out of your body.
Spiritlite.
Funny this topic is about spirituality and looking past the body and here we are talking about the body.
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 03:45 AM
Dragon maybe if you want to eat meat mabe investing in a local farm that uses grass fed, organic, humane meat....it makes a difference for me...one without antibiotics or hormones etc
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 03:46 AM
((((((((((((PsychoSlice))))))))))))))
Just felt you need a hug.

Spiritlite.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:50 AM
Funny but the past month I've been eating the best I've eaten in years, I have all colors of vegies everyday whether freshly juiced or eaten, getting more fiber etc etc. It just makes me feel better and yes move those joints it helps to get the toxins out those joints yoga is a good way to do what. Also lots of water to help release toxins out of your body.
Spiritlite.
Funny this topic is about spirituality and looking past the body and here we are talking about the body.
Spiritlite.
Yep that's true, but we as Consciousness made this body to be enjoyed through, and if we don't have a good healthy body we just can't enjoy it to its fullness, body mind and soul is the balance we need for this.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:52 AM
((((((((((((PsychoSlice))))))))))))))
Just felt you need a hug.

Spiritlite.
Thank you Spiritlite, that was so nice of you, a big hug to you also.:hug3: :angel8:

Spiritlite
05-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Psycho no problem and yes we have to look after our bodies to get to the spiritual.
Spiritlite.

psychoslice
05-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Lets not forget Dragonfly, a big hug to you dragonfly also.:hug3: :smile:

NightSpirit
05-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Spiritlite
Spiritlite.
[/quote]

Could it be because the spirit expresses consciousness through the body?

The hardest part of this for me, is forcing myself to see past the body indentified personality, and recognize the sleeping spirit who sent it forth into the world of matter with the hopes of having it wake Him up and smell the consciousness.

seeker2011
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM
i never said illusions weren't real. Although I can see how it would be implied,
An illusion is just something seeming to be something other than it is.

I never said I was past the idea of not being my body. I merely pointed out that the confusion causes a lot of trouble in the world of man.

I never said I had all the answers, I only meant I was aware of a lot of questions.

gentledove
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm going to start a revolution, a spiritual revolution, in my own home.
I have a body I'm responsible for, it's been in the world for ten years now. I going to stop telling it "you can do it", instead I'm going to phrase everything as "You can make your body do it" or "you can make your mind do it for you" or "you can control that emotion that is trying to force you to believe it is you".
Every single person I witness, trying to train their kid to do something says the former version "You can do it", thereby reinforcing in that child the fallacy belief that they are their body. Which I believe is one of the single most devastating influences on the Earth.
One objection I can hear is that it might instigate a personality split or some other mental/emotional derogatory condition. But I believe he's capable of handling it. I believe all children are capable of handling it.
It's time to act, and try to change the world of men.
God's world is still beautiful, man's world is the source of all the negative I percieve and appear to be overly concerned with. I'm sick of that.
Everywhere in the world, people are obsessed by the notion that they are their bodies. NOt just the decadent west. Not just the disgustingly backwards (judgement I know) middle east where it's still an accepted practice to throw acid in the face of a woman who rejects an advance by the supposed superior gender.
What is the cause of repression?
What is the cause of war?
What is the cause of crime?
I think it boils down to the belief of those who think they are their bodies.
Anyone agree?

I do sooooo agree! So well put as well!

I haven't read anyone else's response but your OP struck such a deep chord with me I had to write you right away and say that I want to be part of that revolution with you!

In the Light the main error I was purified from was identifying with my body and hating myself because I thought there was something wrong with it. I was shown I'm not the body and the energy I put into hating myself for a body that didn't live up to societal ideals was wasted and blocked the experience of love.

Once I returned and the love energy that supported me for months and years after that experience waned I fell into the old thought patterns...I need to weigh thus and such...I need to be considered attractive and I'm not so I'm worthless... (yuck!). It's a prison and I want to be free! I'm getting free thanks to help from various wise friends who keep reminding me of who I really am and loving me for me (my spirit) and not the body.

I'm feeling great hope that I'll completely overcome this false conditioning though it's grip has been powerful.

I want to say to others, you're not inferior because your body is of the female gender, because your skin is black, because your body is plump/short/skinny, because you have pimples/psoriasis, because your body is in a wheelchair, because your body can't see or hear or has a speech impediment, because your body has been abused/tortured, because your body is old...because you have pain in your ankle, back, etc...

So now I reach out to others who are feeling they are "less than" because of some bodily/physical attribute/condition which their society judges as being inferior. When society teaches us this, it does so incorrectly. We aren't the body, we're powerful spiritual beings.

I congratulate you for realizing this on your own...I had to be shown.:wink:

gentledove
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by psychoslice

Yes, after that experience I see that my body and everyone else's are gifts through which we can experience and express creatively. We aren't our body, but our body is our temple and we would do well to love and honor it.