PDA

View Full Version : Falling apart

Greg
03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I feel so depressed, so lost at the moment. Nothing is going my way in life, nothing. I'm not able to meditate at the moment, my body and mind just wont allow it. I have no spiritual refuge, can't read any spiritual books for help, it's all just a blur. My anti depressants don't seem to be working anymore. I can't find a job, keep getting rejections, have no friends, I feel so alone.

gentledove
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Greg,

You're not alone! I'm glad to see you write "at the moment" because these things can change and most likely they will.

You have a friend...me:hug3:

Would you like to tell me more about what's important to you?

BlueSky
03-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Try not to take all that is troubling you in like that Greg. Try to come back to this very moment either by watching your breath or some other method and try and see that in this moment, this exact moment, these things really have no affect on you other than in your mind.
You may have no job but unless you are feeling hunger in this moment it is not affecting you other than you worrying about it.
This will get you thru the day…..moment by moment if necessary and you may see that as the moments pass and you stay present in them, the solutions to your problems one by one will start to become evident.
I’m not suggesting that you ignore your problems, I am just suggesting a way to deal with them when they get you depressed like they are.
Blessings, James

Silver
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
I feel so depressed, so lost at the moment. Nothing is going my way in life, nothing. I'm not able to meditate at the moment, my body and mind just wont allow it. I have no spiritual refuge, can't read any spiritual books for help, it's all just a blur. My anti depressants don't seem to be working anymore. I can't find a job, keep getting rejections, have no friends, I feel so alone.

Hi greg. I do know how you feel, to a degree for sure. My first thought was if you're not feeling able to meditate, it's a message that you're not supposed to, right now anyway...you're being guided to do something else, find something else. The message (wherever it may be from, the universe, guides, angels, guardians, god, whatever) is telling you seek out something else. Some activity or non-activity, lol, that has a better fit, for the moment anyway. Take these 'messages' at face value. The antidepressants don't work, so you don't have to worry about having to take them. (I know, I know, seek your physician's advice.) Something good is around the corner, at least that's my feeling. Anticipate something positive. Anything. You are a great man, greg. I've read your poems, not just anybody can do that as well as you. It may not land you a job, but it's something very good about you, who you are.

BlueSky
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I have 3 kids Greg and your post reminded me of one of my daughters.
I really feel for people like my daughter, that have everything to offer life, a job and a mate and yet cannot seem to find any of them.
Your post and reflecting on my daughter got me thinking:
You know in these times there are just not a lot of jobs. That is not your fault. It’s bad out there and even worse in some of the jobs that are existing.
As far as friends, maybe in the circles you are in, there are not a lot of people who would even know how to be a true friend to someone like you.
It is a blessing and maybe even a rarity to find good friends and it is equally difficult to find a good job, very much so these days.
My point is maybe your problems are also a sign of the times and therefore magnified.
I know that for my daughter they are but equally so she has to get out there to find better. It won’t come to her….lol
Get out there…………volunteer………..join a bowling league or whatever……meet people.
My best to you……..James

gentledove
03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I was without work for 5 months recently, the longest timeframe since I was 18 yrs old. I was starting to worry. It's true, the job market is weaker at least in my field, and obviously probably in yours too. It's not reflective on you or your worth.

You aren't your job...sheesh! So many men think their worth is based on that, just as women think their worth is based in their looks.

This isn't so I think my friend. You're not a job.

I have prayed for people to get jobs before and so far it's always happened. I'd be happy to pray for you if you wish, or not is OK too.

Anyway, thinking of you and putting out intentions and affirmations for you to feel calm confidence and peace and happiness!

The book The Power Of Now is wonderful. Tolle had been in a seriously depressed frame of mind before he had the experience that led to the book. If you haven't read it and would like to, I'd be happy to mail you a copy. :smile:

BlueSky
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes Gentledove and the managers of jobs that do come available are giving applicants the 3rd degree. My youngest just got a job a few months ago and they interviewed her 3 times before hiring her! The number of applicants are in the thousands for any one job so rejection is going to happen to all but one who applies.

seeker2011
03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Greg,
I read in your post this: you are near to a breakthrough. In you meditation try this: tell yourself, your mind, to stop thinking in terms of time. Say to yourself "there is no past time, there is no future time, there is only "NOW". I like to phrase it "there is no "was" there is no "will be" or "there is no before" there is no "after". It releases the hold your mind has on your thoughts. It allows consciousness to take it's place. It allows the insight from higher life to enter your thought stream, and an answer will follow. But dont expect it. Just "LET" it.
Peace be with you.

Orbie
03-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Sending you much much love. Recently I was at a point that I had not been at in a looonnng time. I felt just as you do/did. Just KNOW that soon thost pesky clouds are going to lift and you will smile again. You need know nothing else. Just take baby steps, be very realistic in your expectations and you just post on here and everyone will come running. That old phrase of Jules, "Just be" is running through my head now... it sounds so simple yet in reality is so hard to do. Be kind to yourself xxx

Lightspirit
03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Greg, i am sorry to hear about how things are for you and i know how crippling depression is.. you cant concentrate on anything.

What helped me in a similar situation is a healthy diet, a walk in the sunshine,

making myself get out of the house and talk to people and this;

When life gives you lemons make lemonade

Turn it around-do something you always wanted to do in your time between jobs. Even create a piece of furniture or renovate the house. Study something like a short photography course.. it all helps.
Am praying for you.

Greg
03-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all your support, it does help me a lot. I probably should have put this topic in another place but 'spiritual development' seemed to fit as I feel as though I'm often going backwards instead of forwards in my spiritual quest.

I'll read all your responses with hopefully a clearer head tommorow. Its difficult to absorb it all right now.

Gem
04-06-2011, 12:25 AM

That's OK... and I think there are ways to resolve problems, though sometimes there isn't enough motivation to be able to do it.

I have never met a person who did not become crushed at some time in their life, so you'd be amazed how many entirely understand and completely accept you just as you are, so what it boils down to is you don't have to do anything to be acceptable, it's ok to feel as you do and perfectly fine to be as you are.

Xan
04-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Gret... At times when we feel we can't meditate there is something else we can do to feel more connected and at ease with ourselves and allow things to begin to flow again, and it's simple: Just breathe.

Actually, you're already breathing... just notice it... and keep on with it.

blessings
Xan

Gem
04-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Gret... At times when we feel we can't meditate there is something else we can do to feel more connected and at ease with ourselves and allow things to begin to flow again, and it's simple: Just breathe.

Actually, you're already breathing... just notice it... and keep on with it.

blessings
Xan

Tru Dat !

PROJECTMAYHEM
05-06-2011, 01:59 AM
continue being present, continue, continue, the light of consciouness will heal "negative" energies, but its a good practice to see your thinking behaviors, impulses when youre depressed, be more aware, dont focus so much on the feelings and thoughts, listen, look around, be aware. i know it can be hard but theres more to life than thoughts and feelings

Celeste
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Take things "one day at a time."

blackfellawhitefella
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
thankyou Spirit , for Greg's health , wealth and peace of mind.