PDA

View Full Version : Memories..

TzuJanLi
03-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Greetings..

How many recall their earliest awarenesses that there was something more than the socio-religious machinery was presenting? Those first nagging doubts, and the fertile possibilities that they revealed.. i recall the freshness and excitement of raw potential, before i ever spoke of this to others or even knew that there were 'others'.. i was young, ten or eleven years old, raised in a fundamental reformist Christian family..

I recall sitting in church, listening to a motivational hell-fire and brimstone sermon full of imagery of 'lakes of fire' and eternal torture, and how unworthy we were to have a loving God's grace.. something clicked, something deep inside and very primal spoke directly to me, it said, "this is not so".. it was the beginning of the journey with no destination, thankfully, no destination.. Life and existence simply continues, revealing itself as the process of living..

What i recall, most fondly, is the freshness of the early awarenesses, before people began telling me this was right and that was wrong.. before i found mystics and gurus, before i began reading voraciously about every alternative belief.. before years as a Buddhist, or years practicing Zen, or Yogic gurus and the various physical practices.. for me, there is only one condition that has the same freshness, the same sense of infinite potential and eternal possibility.. it is the 'still mind'.

I return to this freshness, this raw exciting potential, whenever situations permit.. here, there is just the pure curiosity of what is happening.. as in, 'what is happening? where i am so attentive to the experience of Life unfolding, that i forget i am there.. the sunset that is so breath-taking that you are absorbed by your experience of being present for its happening.. the mind grows quiet and still, and you expand into the whole sunset, the sky, the mountains, the stream.. as if your body becomes the experience, absorbing the experience into its being..

Of course, this is a snapshot along the ever-changing continuum of existence, unsustainable in the physical manifestation, but.. these are the recollections i wll not relinquish to the definitions of gurus and mystics, or even to my own mind's attempts to label them.. these moments of pure clarity emerge in response to Life unfolding, not as memories, but as naturally as the next breath, or autumn's first cool breezes.. "these are the memories that make me a wealthy man".. they counsel my dance with Life by singing their music softly in my mind, guiding my steps so carefully, revealing the next opportunity to disolve into Life, to experience myself whole and complete.. as a sunset.. or a pebble.. or, to look into the eyes of another, and see 'me' looking back..

It all began with a voice, deep inside and very primal, when i heard something that was not so.. be still, and listen, each of us have this voice.. remember it..

Be well..

Gem
03-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Magic. Brilliant. Awesome.

Greetings..

How many recall their earliest awarenesses that there was something more than the socio-religious machinery was presenting? Those first nagging doubts, and the fertile possibilities that they revealed.. i recall the freshness and excitement of raw potential, before i ever spoke of this to others or even knew that there were 'others'.. i was young, ten or eleven years old, raised in a fundamental reformist Christian family..

I recall sitting in church, listening to a motivational hell-fire and brimstone sermon full of imagery of 'lakes of fire' and eternal torture, and how unworthy we were to have a loving God's grace.. something clicked, something deep inside and very primal spoke directly to me, it said, "this is not so".. it was the beginning of the journey with no destination, thankfully, no destination.. Life and existence simply continues, revealing itself as the process of living..

What i recall, most fondly, is the freshness of the early awarenesses, before people began telling me this was right and that was wrong.. before i found mystics and gurus, before i began reading voraciously about every alternative belief.. before years as a Buddhist, or years practicing Zen, or Yogic gurus and the various physical practices.. for me, there is only one condition that has the same freshness, the same sense of infinite potential and eternal possibility.. it is the 'still mind'.

I return to this freshness, this raw exciting potential, whenever situations permit.. here, there is just the pure curiosity of what is happening.. as in, 'what is happening? where i am so attentive to the experience of Life unfolding, that i forget i am there.. the sunset that is so breath-taking that you are absorbed by your experience of being present for its happening.. the mind grows quiet and still, and you expand into the whole sunset, the sky, the mountains, the stream.. as if your body becomes the experience, absorbing the experience into its being..

Of course, this is a snapshot along the ever-changing continuum of existence, unsustainable in the physical manifestation, but.. these are the recollections i wll not relinquish to the definitions of gurus and mystics, or even to my own mind's attempts to label them.. these moments of pure clarity emerge in response to Life unfolding, not as memories, but as naturally as the next breath, or autumn's first cool breezes.. "these are the memories that make me a wealthy man".. they counsel my dance with Life by singing their music softly in my mind, guiding my steps so carefully, revealing the next opportunity to disolve into Life, to experience myself whole and complete.. as a sunset.. or a pebble.. or, to look into the eyes of another, and see 'me' looking back..

It all began with a voice, deep inside and very primal, when i heard something that was not so.. be still, and listen, each of us have this voice.. remember it..

Be well..

psychoslice
03-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Absolutely beautiful TzuJanLi, I even had a tears in my eye after reading your words that brought back an inner remembrance , thanks for sharing and reminding me of my true home.:hug3:

TzuJanLi
03-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Greetings..

Okay, what's up.. thanks for the very kind words, but.. it feels weird, i think i'm blushing.. ****, i don't blush.. seriously, thank you..

Be well..

rainbowcrow
03-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Wow! That was lovely :smile:

tragblack
03-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I was pondering the blessings of "Beginners' Mind" just a few moments ago.

Your words are lovely and I related to them.

My first spiritual leap was when I was in twelveth grade, doing a report on Islam. I realized that I could be whatever religion I wanted!

/\ Amelia

gentledove
03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Tzu,

Beautiful, you are as a little child in heaven, as are we all, thanks for sharing!

Jules
03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh Tzu, you've given me goosebumps. Just pure magic
Namaste
Jules
x

zipzip
04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Blush away, Mr Tzu,

that was great.

I think as we get older and listen more and more to other people telling us how we feel that we forget to listen to our inner selves.

I "forgot" that I had that voice for years (OK-a lot of years) until it started to creep back in again a few years ago.

zipzip