PDA

View Full Version : Can you pick how you die?

Roaring Thunder
03-06-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm sure this is probably something that has been brought up time and time again but I'm sitting here wondering if it were possible for me to choose a method of death in an incarnation I'm already in.

My prefered cause of death would be due to heart failure.

Animus27
03-06-2011, 04:34 AM
Only if it's suicide.

If you want to die of heart failure somewhere down the road maybe you should order an extra Big Mac just to be on the safe side? :tongue:

Adrienne
03-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I don't think I have ever seen this question before. Why would you choose heart failure ?

Dream Angel xx

ROM
03-06-2011, 07:19 AM
I think how we die is caused by the decisions we make in this life.

However, maybe there have been some instances where individuals have requested specifically to die a certain way prior to incarnating, who knows?

Hez0405
03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
My opinion on this matter is that our death is pre-determined. Obviously we do not know how it is going to end. Sometimes you will have lucky escapes and my belief has always been that this is because 'it was not your time yet'.

In regards to suicide, desperate times I guess. Its a touchy subject. One I will open a new thread with and share my views on.

Love and light
x

Roaring Thunder
05-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Only if it's suicide.

If you want to die of heart failure somewhere down the road maybe you should order an extra Big Mac just to be on the safe side? :tongue:

Nah. I'll pass on both.:tongue:

I don't think I have ever seen this question before. Why would you choose heart failure ?

Dream Angel xx

Well, I'm glad I did not make the mistake of opening a thread on something that's been talked about before. Aren't we the clever one here?

Back in 2007, I had a medical emergency. Long story short, I had chest problems and we all thought it was a cardio-related illness. It was really inspiring for me as my mother told me I might be dying and I might be a girl in the next life (I'm transgender).

However, maybe there have been some instances where individuals have requested specifically to die a certain way prior to incarnating, who knows?

Well, we do form our destiny via our thoughts, karma, and actions.:icon_frown:

My opinion on this matter is that our death is pre-determined. Obviously we do not know how it is going to end. Sometimes you will have lucky escapes and my belief has always been that this is because 'it was not your time yet'.

In regards to suicide, desperate times I guess. Its a touchy subject. One I will open a new thread with and share my views on.

Love and light
x

Like I said, choices man. Choices.

Adrienne
05-06-2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks for your reply Roaring Thunder, I thought it was just a choice out of the blue. I think I would prefer not knowing in advance, not sure I could choose a method of death - if I had a choice.

Dream Angel xx

Haoma
05-06-2011, 03:07 AM
This is not a matter of opinion. You can't pre-determine your death, before or during this life. It's up to death to decide. A force, you'll never know until it taps you on the shoulder. By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.

Explorer
05-06-2011, 06:30 PM
By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.
Dear me! That's a bit harsh isn't it?:icon_eek:
What do you mean by that?:confused:

05-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Dear me! That's a bit harsh isn't it?
That was harsh indeed ..lol :hug3:

Tricia
10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm sure this is probably something that has been brought up time and time again but I'm sitting here wondering if it were possible for me to choose a method of death in an incarnation I'm already in.

You might find this of interest: Q&A taken from Silver Birch 'The Spirit Speaks'

Q. What settles the time of our entry into the next world? If nothing can keep us here longer than our appointed time, is this the reason why spirit healing cannot effect a cure sometimes ?

A.Yes, it is one of the reasons. The question of spirit incarnation into matter, and what should be its natural withdrawal from matter, are governed by natural laws. You can, particularly with death, cause a premature passing, but that would not be in harmony with the natural law.
The soul itself knows when it is to be incarnated and when it is to leave your world, even though you may not be consciously aware of these facts. If it is time for the spirit to quit the body, which is inevitable as part of the law of life, then no healing - I speak generally now - can compel it to stay.

Jeff4freedom
13-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Animus, you crack me up... he he what a great answer....
I'd say, you can't choose method of death.... but once you get there, with practice and intention, you can choose Technique. Dying is an art the Western...and really most of the world has forgotten... It aught to be taught in schools in my opinion... It doesn't matter when and by what means, what matters is how you approach it, and maneuver through it.

MutedBlue
18-06-2011, 01:45 PM
This is an interesting question. From my view, I lost my dad this month, and he was diagnosed with emphysema in the 80's. He chose not to stop smoking, even after being diagnosed with COPD in 2006. I'm not saying that this was the way he chose to die, but he knew this was likely going to be the reason, and he made that decision. He did live to be 70. Having said this, I still don't think it is up to us what ultimately happens to us.

Tricia
20-06-2011, 04:07 PM
This is an interesting question. From my view, I lost my dad this month, and he was diagnosed with emphysema in the 80's. He chose not to stop smoking, even after being diagnosed with COPD in 2006. I'm not saying that this was the way he chose to die, but he knew this was likely going to be the reason, and he made that decision. He did live to be 70. Having said this, I still don't think it is up to us what ultimately happens to us.
First of all, I'm sorry for your loss MutedBlue:hug2: It's true what you say. It reminds me of my daughter's father who passed away last year. He knew he wouldn't be around for very long. He could have helped himself, but unfortunately he didn't, despite knowing if he didn't change his life style, he would die. He was only 55 when he passed away.

MutedBlue
23-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you Tricia:hug2: I'm sorry about your loss too, especially him being so young.

NiteOwl
25-06-2011, 02:08 AM
By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.

Ouch, that was rough. Did you have a family member who died from heart faliure? is it a touchy subject? What did you mean by that exactly??

NiteOwl
25-06-2011, 02:12 AM

Why heart faliure?

I feel there is a certain amount of fear behind death and how it will come. Reality is, we won't know until it's time. I understand concern such as that, but there is so much life to live before we are faced with death. :hug2:

I believe, by setting that intention, you may be attracting circumstances in your life that will lead to heart faliure, and that isn't always such a pretty picture.

Let's see, if I could choose, it would be to drift along in my sleep. :)

mattie
25-06-2011, 03:11 AM
... By the way, for someone to choose heart failure is like saying I have no soul.

Surely we can see that the reference was to the heart as a physical organ & not as an euphemism for the soul/spirit.

Equating the heart, or even the emotions we attribute to the heart to the physical organ is fairly dated in how we understand our energies.

Xan
26-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Roaring Thunder... If you want to have the clarity and power to decide how you die, you must develop that in how you live each day.

Xan

astralsuzy
26-06-2011, 08:12 AM
I do not know what the others have said, but why would you want to die of heart failure? I think to die in your sleep would be the best way. I do not think we are meant to know when we are going to die unless we have a terminal illness, may be die in a war zone, earthquake etc.

nephesh
26-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I don’t to be honest I have read things where some say your death is apart of your life plan that you make up before you incarnated into the physical. Though many would not recall that they perhaps decided in this life I will perish at 49 from a swimming accident. I suppose heart failure would be more peacefull then say dying in a terrible car crash or some other tragedy.

Jeff4freedom
26-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I still think Animus gets the award for best answer.... Just way too funny.
I had an awesome Dog... he was a Bear dog I found by the side of the road....feigning death, or near death...so my daughter and I lifted him into the back of the pick-up...He's layin there until we pull away, he pops up, tail wagging.......But the way that dog died is how I want to go. He was trotting along happily, then fell sideways, dead as a door nail. Instantly, still had his smile on his face..

LightFilledHeart
26-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm of the belief that we all choose the time and manner of our exit from this world, whether we have conscious recall of having done so or not. Seen from that perspective, suicide is neither a sin nor a black mark on the soul. It is no more a "taking of one's own life" than calling in a disease or accident. It's simply the way and the means by which an individual soul elected to leave this world, as are all the other means and methods. If the cannot truly die and is eternal, then there is no "real" death to speak of ... just an interruption in the pattern/journey :smile: That's my take on it.

Jeff4freedom
26-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree it's no sin or "black mark" on our soul.
But the way we choose our life isn't set in stone,
At least that's how it was for me, and one other person who I've observed...
it's like choosing a road with a lot of side roads...
And we don't really know which side road we'll take,
This is what makes it interesting....and a learning experience.
so I don't think we choose the method of our deaths..
because we don't know which side roads we may take..

An interesting thing about this, I have a friend who is very very psychic, used to work for Law Enforcement finding bodies and such. (basically in hiding now.... some other nasty folks studied her when she was young, trying to isolate substances that made her the way she is....... but anyway she did this work for years, then one time was hired by a family of a suicide victim....

She said connecting with them was the darkest scariest thing she ever encountered...
Surrounded by "Black entities" ....
she quit doing her "Readings" then for many years.....

But that isn't necessarily tied to the fact of the suicide,
maybe just that this particular soul was so tortured,
that's why they did it....
and just magnetically drew that resonating energy to themselves in the "in-between time".
That is how it works out there...

But it really had an impact on her...

Courtney
26-06-2011, 08:42 PM

This is what I believe as well.

PurplePrincess
29-06-2011, 07:27 PM
I want to die in a place that I love and in my bed peacefully and after doing all the things I want to do in my life after a short illness.

Usako
10-01-2012, 11:38 PM
This is an "old" thread but I wanted to share this:

I had an uncle who was crazy for Salsa Music, he loved dancing it! So he always said (my dad told me) that he wanted to die after having danced and being applauded for it. All my uncles from my dad's side, except one, have died from a heart-attack, this uncle had already two previous ones.

One night he went to his favourite Salsa place, he went every weekend so everybody knew him and he always sat at the same table. I think he was with one of my brothers. They told us that he danced and gave this awesome show that people were standing around him watching, and clapped at the end. They went back to the table to rest, and then he started falling down from his chair, he died right there.

He went exactly the way he wanted to, I wish it could be the same for all of us.

A heart-attack is hard for those of us who are left behind, because there is no time for goodbyes or mending a fight, but I preffer it than seeing a loved one going away with each day, with so much pain...like happened to a friend whose mom died from stomach cancer.