PDA

View Full Version : How have Divination tools, like runes, helped you?

Perspective
02-06-2011, 11:50 PM
I've been skepticle of many things, especially tarrot cards and the like.
Then, I realized that almost everything is illusion... & that everyone uses coping methods...some healthier than others. I also have felt guidance from many on this forum... especially Mind'sEye, regarding this. He sent me his book, Metaphysical Power of the Runes. I love metaphysics, yet because of my skepticism of the runes, I postponed reading it for a while... until recently.

I read it & decided to try it out. I just made my own set of rune cards, got an elegant white place mat, a bag with a nice poem about God to keep the ruins in, and another bag to keep it all in. I wanted to think of it as a sacred, uplifting experience. Then I tried it & it was right on!
I first prayed to know if God was something besides just within me... someone I could count on when I couldn't count on myself.
The challenges were: Othala (Tradition), Sowilo (Unity) & Jera (Sowing & Reaping)
The emerging truths were: Dogaz (Destiny/Breakthrough) & Fehu (Contentment)
Divine wisdom was Kenaz (Stillness)
I do need to be still to feel God more. I've felt a major break through this least year & more content - less seeking love in the wrong places... although I've got more to learn.
Religious tradition & groups have been challenging to me & I realize I need to focus on the positive & to be more productive.

Of course, casting runes is not fortune telling... but rather giving another perspective... inspiring me to tap into higher wisdom... which I definitely need at this time in my life! I know that any Divination tools... scriptures, religious ordinances, temple rituals or runes are not the end in themselves, but rather a means to expanding spiritual learning & progression, as Mind'sEye explained in his book.

I'm curious about others' experiences with the runes...
How have the runes or other Divination tools helped you?

Mind's Eye
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
There are many tools that religion tells us are evil or of the darkside. But I think they misunderstand the concept of many things like the runes.

norseman
04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
The power or messages in divination come from within yourself, not from some outside agency. I use tarot and pendulum and I know it is my own intuition that is being triggered.

LightFilledHeart
04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
The power or messages in divination come from within yourself, not from some outside agency. I use tarot and pendulum and I know it is my own intuition that is being triggered.

I agree. I think it's one's higher self one connects to when one uses divination tools, though I know at times my own spirit guides (or those of my client) will pop in with an important message or commentary.

Many years ago a reader friend of mine (it seems all my friends are metaphysicians!) suggested I take up Tarot. She said gazing at the archtypal symbols presented by the cards would "give my brain something to do" and keep it occupied and out of the way so that genuine guidance from a higher source could come through..!
Haaaaaaaaaa! You know what? She was right. It worked!

I do very little reading work anymore these days, being semi-retired, but I do still like to dabble occasionally, when someone's need is great or it just feels like the right thing to do. Over the course of my many years of being in service to spirit I've become aware that all divination systems are merely tools or catalysts to help put us in touch with our own higher wisdom. We reach a point where we really don't need them in order to access the information, but people seem more inclined to believe in the veracity of the material if it is presented in that fashion. I guess most folks still like a dog and pony show :wink:

Espavo!

Perspective
04-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks for your comments. :smile:

Mind'sEye -
Yeah, as you mentioned in your book, I've often done, "bibliomancy" where I'd open the bible & read whatever is written & think of it as a message.
That's not too different from using runes. The main issue is belief & intent... good or bad.

Norseman -
It's good to know that others like you also use it to trigger one's own intuition.

LightFilledHeart -
It seems like you've learned & progressed a lot.
Though, I wonder, do we ever really release the need for intuitive triggers?
Maybe the triggers & how we relate to them, change... like from alcohol, tv or relationships to divination tools to nature.
I can see that we become less dependent on intuitive triggers, yet, it seems that we are so integrated in this life...
such a part of everyone & everything, I can't imagine being so independent to not need any external inspiration at all.

Lynn
17-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Hello

There is nothing Light and nothing Dark in any tool that one uses it is the USER that gives it that power. Now there are things that one should NOT play in with out knowege on how they work that being the Boards but again it is the intenion or the energy that might be with a used iten that brings in the darker natures.

Why I struggle with touching Tarot decks when I go for a reading I will feel the energy at times of other's that have held them, I let the owner of the deck shuffle and cut for me. I have a personal deck now ( first one ever ) and I have let some touch them but then I cleanse them after and I trust in the energy being possitive around me wiht one's I do "live" readings for.

It was about 10 year's ago now that Tarot Cards started to FLASH to me, I so never wanted to study that path, but I would see them. Finally I looked up the deck I woudl see. I leanred to embrace that was yet another TOOL is all for me to learn from.

The tool at times is simply used to SHOW another the process one uses. For 99.99 percent of what I do its ME doing it that inner self. NOT the Tool but we so have the NEED to see and at times touch what is there thus a tool helps us with that connection.

When I work on a dream for someone I NEVER read the full dream, I take it line by line, I never read what another has put, its all from what comes in. Same when doing a reading I do not want TOO much information from the person I want to GET the infromation. I see only the user name not the male of female of them, or if they have useds a real name. That matters not.

Anyone can tell the "perceived" future of another in a reading BUT it is to be noted that life paths can change in a heart beat. More its a guide line to look for opportunities to come to be.

I never read anyone without permissions but am willing to give ye a readin Perspective if one would like.

Lynn