PDA

View Full Version : New thought! I should try some Affirmations!

Kontufuto
31-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I have been reading some information of late to use Affirmations in my travels. It seems that this info is coming from all angles in my readings and elsewhere and I would like to hear from others who are knowledgeable about them and how they've changed your success in your spiritual activities. I am also curious to know if you found out why they work.

I have rather considered this action like praying but I'm probably way off on the mark with this one. It wouldn't be my first! :redface:

Much appreciated! :smile:

sunshineofthesoul
04-06-2011, 02:29 AM
I think Positive Affirmations and the Law of Attraction go hand in hand through the Law of Attraction the universe gives us everything we put our focus on no matter what it is. So for ex: growing up I had very low self esteem, most of my thoughts were negative in nature, like "I am ugly" "I am a loser" etc and because of that I became what I focused on, the universe can not tell if we do or do not want something it again gives us what we put our focus on, so when we start to change the pattern of our thoughts and use Affirmations "I am beautiful I am loving I am kind" we must become that. Hope that makes sense. :)

ravenstar
05-06-2011, 12:28 AM
I am also curious to know if you found out why they work.

I have rather considered this action like praying but I'm probably way off on the mark with this one. It wouldn't be my first! :redface:

Much appreciated! :smile:

Actually you're not! Afifirmations are like prayers but instead of praying to God or the Universe you're praying to yourself...."I am the power" "I am the light" "I accept myself just as I am now", "I appreciate the unique beauty I bring to the world", etc.

I believe they work because when we are reprogramming what we believed was acceptable from our parents, teachers, peers, etc. With possitive affirmations we are accepting ourselves as a divine being as well as in control of every aspect of our lives.

The affirmations you create are the strongest because they reflect how you actually feel...and they should have an emotional force behind it too......be sure your words really mean something!

Kontufuto
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Thank you for the posts! Looks like once an Affirmation has been commanded a door or window opens up. For the most part, I have 'taken in' what has been given but that seems to be a method of receiving but putting oneself 'out there' is perhaps a technique or method I will have to work on. It hasn't been something I've done or used to and perhaps that is the missing ingredient to take me to the next level for what I am working on. It seems almost foreign but, as an observation, I can see athletes pump themselves up before and during a competitive challenge. Seems to help them focus and push forward so in that respect I can see its advantage too!!

Thanks again! :smile: