PDA

View Full Version : Self judgement (confused)

3dnow
31-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi forum,

Self-judgment also needs self-forgiveness to be healed?

How?

Thanks!

3dnow

gentledove
31-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi 3dnow,

I didn't even realize I was eclipsing joy from my life by judging and hating what I had wrongly identified as myself (my body along with what I considered it's imperfections). When I was "lifted" into the Light I was shown I was harshly judging myself for defects which not only weren't real but weren't me at all. I was letting superficial judgments block the huge potential for shining love into this world.

I was shown and therefore released from that particular prison of ignorance.

I believe you can release yourself through observing judgment (which is invariably an identification with something other than yourself because who you truly are is thoroughly loveable) and then forgiving yourself for a case of mistaken identity.

When we cause harm to others it's certainly not ideal.

It doesn't help to identify with the mistake and label ourselves as "losers" though. We're not the mistake, it doesn't define our lives unless we allow it to.

We may deeply dislike the mishap, we may regret it and have to pay some price, but it's not us.

We may regret some things we've done, but the truth is, we are deeply and unalterably valuable...

We can do our best to correct the fallout and make a commitment to not make such an error again.

We can forgive ourselves just as we would anyone else, and can move forward having grown in understanding from the experience.

I recently went through this process so it's quite fresh in my memory.=)

Xan
01-06-2011, 04:51 AM

How?

Hi 3d...

Self-judgment was once my personal demon so I know how very undermining it is, and how to get free of it.

At some point we simply decide we're not willing to do that self-judgment/self-criticism thing to ourselves any more, and begin to let it go of the habit little by little.

As we choose to let go of the negative attitude toward ourselves we also begin to practice Feeling accepting with whatever is going on in us at any moment.

Breathe.... accept... let go...

Keep going with that.

Xan

p.s. There's also EFT's good way: "Even though I judge myself as ______, I'm willing to accept and love myself." with the acupressure points.

X.

God-Like
01-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi forum,

How?

Thanks!

3dnow
Hi Mate .

When someone sincerely and wholeheartedly self enquires what comes to the surface will contain emotions that are unresolved that’s within oneself . What comes to the fore will not be the sweet memories of one baking cookies and cup cakes . So what this Implies Is that only the memories that contain the energies that do not sit well with our conscience arise .

Now self enquiry becomes an automated process and the Individuals conscious mind doesn’t know where to look for these Imprints so what part of the self knows where to find them .

This part of the self that knows has the Intelligence also to know what Imprints / memories “need finding” so In a way a judgement call has been made . So there’s a part of oneself that judges / decides what doesn’t sit well In mind for the allowance of peace to be .

Of course when one looks at themselves and doesn’t like what they see there Is an element of acceptance that needs to go hand In hand with the acknowledgements of such realizations but accepting what one has done Is not the end of the matter .

Like you mentioned self forgiveness and self healing must be applied to such realizations otherwise there will not be peace .

Does a mad axe man that’s running around maiming and killing his fellow man just accept that he Is a mad man running around with an axe or does he ask oneself as to why they are doing so .

x daz x

3dnow
01-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Thank you all. Appreciated.

3dnow

athribiristan
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi forum,

How?

Thanks!

3dnow

My first step was realizing that Judgement belongs to God. It is the height of arrogance to assume that anyone but He can render Judgement.

Second was the realization that if God created me and He is perfect, then I must be perfect as I am. His perfection means that he could not possibly have made a mistake when He created me, so all of my perceived flaws are really just a part of that perfection.

Third was the realization that Judgement is the opposite of Love. Where Love accepts, Judgement condemns. Where Love forgives, Judgement keeps accounts.

With those things in mind I set out on the path of Loving myself. I accept that I am ok exactly as God created me, and I forgive myself for perceiving otherwise.

HBuck72
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I think self-judgment is critical to spiritual development, because it allows you to confront and work through your shortcomings and "mud". However, by self-judgment I do not mean rehashing all of your shortcomings and mud over and over again to the point that it causes a vicious circle of judgment and depression.

I think self-judgment involves more of working through your shortcomings and mud by: 1) recognizing your "issue", 2) resolve to change that pattern of behavior, or not repeat that action, 3) Use it as a positive learning experience, and 4) release it and move on. After all, the past is the past all there really is the moment occurring right this instance.

Perspective
01-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Good question. I appreciate you bringing it up, 3DNow. :smile:
I was just thinking about how Jesus, while being killed in a cruel way said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." Jesus realized their lack of awareness & that for them to inflict pain on another, they must have been suffering pain themselves. This understanding enabled Jesus to forgive them & return love for hate.

When I find it hard to forgive myself & feel almost consumed with regret, I remember that - I am & always will be - a work in progress. I can forgive myself for not knowing & doing better. Some sense of guilt is important, to help correct & improve... but beyond that, it is counterproductive.

Our highest purpose...Love... is wanting & striving for what's best.
To love ourselves & others requires both judgment (intellect/ego) & intuition...
Then, as a friend taught me, we know just how we are for-given...given to go forward.

Xan
02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
My first step was realizing that Judgement belongs to God....

I always liked this idea because God's only judgement is unconditional love.

Accepting this for yourself is powerfully healing, 3d.

Xan

3dnow
02-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Thank you all. Yes I agree real power is forgiveness (not judging)

3dnow

Xan
03-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Thank you all. Yes I agree real power is forgiveness (not judging)

3dnow

Yes... So forgive yourself for judging.... :wink:

Xan