PDA

View Full Version : impossible for the soul

Thinker108
31-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin ? to say that you are weak, or others are weak
What do you think about this sentence of swami vivekananda

Eudaimonist
31-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so.

Why should I care about being a heretic?

to say that you are weak, or others are weak

There is quite a big difference between saying that nothing is impossible and saying that people are weak. One can be finite, and yet strong and filled with great potential. Isn't that enough?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Miss Hepburn
31-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin ? to say that you are weak, or others are weak
I trust and usually understand all that Vivekananda said.

Thinker, you might get jealous, :wink: I just found a book for under $3 -
Ramakrishna As We Saw Him!!!!!

Yay! (It's very thick and heavy!)

Thinker108
01-06-2011, 05:19 AM
I trust and usually understand all that Vivekananda said.

Thinker, you might get jealous, :wink: I just found a book for under $3 -
Ramakrishna As We Saw Him!!!!!

Yay! (It's very thick and heavy!)

Hello Miss Hepburn
Swami Vivekananda is my ideal and I am devotee of Ramkrishna Paramhansa. I am not jealous. Enjoy the sacred book. If you find anything peaceful, please share

psychoslice
01-06-2011, 05:43 AM
This is also what swami vivekananda said.

Q.—Do you hold the individual soul to be eternally real?

A.—The individual soul consists of a man's thoughts, and they are changing every moment. Therefore, it cannot be eternally real. It is real only in the phenomenal. The individual consists of memory and thought, how can that be real?

Miss Hepburn
01-06-2011, 04:35 PM
You know what I find inspiring about the book?

Remembering living in a world where what is all important around the clock is experiencing the Presence.

Having lived 4 years in an ashram - waking at 2am or walking with a fellow
devotee at 2pm, there was a magical air.
Now, living a householder's life - it is more difficult finding holy company.
Not impossible, though.
:hug:

gentledove
01-06-2011, 08:14 PM
A.—The individual soul consists of a man's thoughts, and they are changing every moment. Therefore, it cannot be eternally real. It is real only in the phenomenal. The individual consists of memory and thought, how can that be real?

We are written eternally in God's heart/memory, you can't get more real than that.

gentledove
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Well, I wouldn't call it sin so much as ignorance...but then that is always what sin amounts to anyway, imo.

Thinker108
02-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Well, I wouldn't call it sin so much as ignorance...but then that is always what sin amounts to anyway, imo.
Thanks for your views

Thinker108
04-06-2011, 04:08 AM
You know what I find inspiring about the book?

Remembering living in a world where what is all important around the clock is experiencing the Presence.

Having lived 4 years in an ashram - waking at 2am or walking with a fellow
devotee at 2pm, there was a magical air.
Now, living a householder's life - it is more difficult finding holy company.
Not impossible, though.
:hug:

I am feeling the essence of your enjoyment when you were living in that ashram. Holy company is really a treasury for life. I hope you will find it early.

Thinker108
21-06-2011, 03:41 AM
“You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.”
Vivekananda