PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual book for development

Windchime159
30-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I have not found an area on the Forum for this so i decided to make the thread myself

What are some of the most helpful books you have read, what books do you recommend for a person trying to learn and develop spiritually

some of the books that have helped me the most are the Tao te ching, Hindu books like Bhagavad Gita and some of the Upanishads, iv read books on Kabbalah [the Zohar] and some Occult books by Yogi Ramachakara and the light on the path, iv also gotten very signifigant spiritual knowledge from the diamond sutra in buddhism

any recommendations would be very appreciated, i personally preferred older books with more traditional spiritual knowledge over new age books but all is welcome to share

Windchime159
31-05-2011, 08:20 PM
wow i really cant conceive how this has gotten 0 attention/replys.....

this is a "spiritual" forums is it not? you people dont read? or do none of you feel like sharing?

Jyotir
31-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi Windchime159,

"Seek and you shall find"
There is a book section in one of the lower forums.

~ J

Windchime159
31-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi Windchime159,

"Seek and you shall find"
There is a book section in one of the lower forums.

~ J

thank you lol

seeker2011
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM
windchime
In my experience, it's all done through meditation.
Starting meditation with the intention of rising out of mind.,body, emotion, and experiencing your own higher Self will eventually bring about an experience commonly referred to as "waking up". Who really wakes up? your higher Self. You see, He is sleeping in a blissful state of non-consciousness, waiting for you to let Him experience your developmental focus of consciousness, He needs you to give Him that permission to use your consciousness for His own needs.
It has been said, in many books, "it has to start on the physical level". Begin a meditation routine and dont expect anything from it, just watch, and retain the intention of learning from it.

Kerbear
01-06-2011, 11:41 PM
The Power of Now by Elkhart Tolle wonderful book full of spiritual guidance and knowledge

Midnight Writer
02-06-2011, 03:17 AM
I began with the Edgar Cayce material. If you are not familiar with him, he was the one they called "The Sleeping Prophet," and there is a book by that name about him by Jess Stearn. He is the most documented psychic in America, leaving over 14,000 readings that can be accessed. He died in 1945. Many books have been written about subjects he talked about. An organization was formed to make sure the readings did not get lost and were available to all who were interested. It's located in Virginia Beach - the A.R.E. or the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Easy to find online.