PDA

View Full Version : After Meditation.

Gem
30-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I practice. People don't realize how extreme I am. Sometimes I go to the mountains and for day after day I practice continuously.

People think I'm crazy, and it's true I am. I have mental problems and emotional difficulties which are far worse than most peoples, and people don't realize that either.

I'm so calm and centred I can sit alone and silent for day after day after day, but during that period I face extremes of pain, emotion and utter delight... and I also realize how distracted I become with this worldly life.

In an average day at home, I practice twice for one hour each. I use a timer to make sure I don't get lazy and remain true to the dicipline, but there are times when I remain still for longer and just ignore the timer alarm.

Anyway... I'm gonna come here after my meditation sessions and say something. Please join me.

Lisa
31-05-2011, 03:28 PM
yes

thank you Gem

:duckie:

Gem
02-06-2011, 12:57 AM
While I'm watching things change... it's only internal reaction which disturbs the stillness.

The timing is important to me... the hour... and many are very 'go with the flow', but does this mean if the body experiences some discomfort one reacts adversely and decides 'enough now'?

The hour is important to me. Where is my presence of mind if some discomfort arizes and causes me to become distracted, and react to it, and move to alleviate it, or entirely desist from today's practice?

Lisa
04-06-2011, 04:31 PM
I wonder if my internal reacitons are like children- wanting my attention and space. I wonder if they just don't up and go play then! :hug3:

Gem
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I wonder if my internal reacitons are like children- wanting my attention and space. I wonder if they just don't up and go play then! :hug3:

I wonder... today I was on the computer for quite a while, so when I sat in my usual posture I had pain in my back... so my mind was trying to unsettle and go 'this hurts... I don't like it... this sux,' and generally sqirm around like a prattish kid... but I just kept still.

Is it that the experience must be pleasant? I don't see it makes much difference. It's like a balance... quiet mind ... sometimes pain sometimes so nice, sometimes such a sadness and sometimes so much joy, sometimes so light sometimes so heavy and solid... it's all there to be my balance as I be silent and still.

LUVnLIGHT2U
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I wish I could be half as disciplined as you Gem. Your commitment is amazing. I tell myself I will meditate every day, but the reality is I'm pretty hit and miss unfortunately. You must find that level of ability to remain still so helpful.

Gem
07-06-2011, 02:27 AM
I wish I could be half as disciplined as you Gem. Your commitment is amazing. I tell myself I will meditate every day, but the reality is I'm pretty hit and miss unfortunately. You must find that level of ability to remain still so helpful.

Don't get me wrong. I have the same messed up life issues as any human being... but the stillness of mind is the centrepiece of meditation.

In the experience farout things can occur and sometimes so surprizing or frightening one suddenly reacts adversely and grasps back at physical surity... so stillness is the basis. The experience is secondary.

Practice is discipline, but also a passion. Like a pianist sometime does not feel like todays hourly practice session, but the passion for music is such that he will practice today, and tomorrow, and the next...

Routine. At this time I will meditate. When that hour arrives just do it acceptingly.

Gem
09-06-2011, 01:18 AM
I find no use for chants mantra visualization asking the universe and everything people say... because for me it is to feel, to experience what is with simple acceptance.

There is no result form it.

I know many chase enlightenment. Good luck and may the best man be first across the finish line LOL.

Chasing the result, the end game, is a form of desire... and in the meditation I notice myself desiring some wonderful experience, and when this occurs the truth of this moment is desire.

Sometimes I don't feel like meditating. On a mountain retreat there is nothing but bare walls a meditation cushion and a sleeping bag. Being stripped of any stimulus one can be bored brainless or experience his own presence by investigating it with a gentle and simple curiosity... there is nothing else to do. Imaginary exersizes quickly become tiring and one would find themselves seeking some other form of stimulus ... but find none... and arrive at the same point where they go crazy from solitary confinement or become curious about the only thing that is there... This experience as it is in this moment.

Lisa
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Sometimes I don't feel like meditating. On a mountain retreat there is nothing but bare walls a meditation cushion and a sleeping bag. Being stripped of any stimulus one can be bored brainless or experience his own presence by investigating it with a gentle and simple curiosity... there is nothing else to do. Imaginary exersizes quickly become tiring and one would find themselves seeking some other form of stimulus ... but find none... and arrive at the same point where they go crazy from solitary confinement or become curious about the only thing that is there... This experience as it is in this moment.

The razer's edge here. This is hard. This is it. Gem can do this. Who else can do this? Words and concepts of truth are fine. But this is where the rubber meets the road.

Lisa
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
After Meditation

:notworthy:

Gem
14-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Why sit there for this daily ritual? Did someone say you should do this thing and it will bring you some greatest wonderment? What promises of reward lies in your future and who exactly tempted you?

If I were to say the exersize is pointless and will bring no reward who would visit my ashram? But why is it one meditates? What hope and expectation? What purpose? How does this serve me?

Try yourself to take a straight spined posture and remain motionless there. I can promise you in 20 minutes something will begin to hurt, in 40 minutes it will become quite painful and in one hour you will pray "please stop, please enough, I can take this pain no longer."

Lisa
14-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I've heard that meditation work runs a tight schedule which has to be maintained properly.

But I've also heard many things.

ahhhhh

Gem
15-06-2011, 03:22 AM
I've heard that meditation work runs a tight schedule which has to be maintained properly.

But I've also heard many things.

ahhhhh

I think a schedule is best. Then the time comes ya just do it, otherwize it's like 'I don't really feel like it right now' and it isn't done. There's a good benefit in scheduling the time. It depends, is it antual practice? If it's practice it should just be a practice, no different to practicing the piano, doing the daily exersize, going some class or what have you.

If it is not a practice... that's different, like eating isn't really a practice but it tends to follow a schedule anyway and sleeping isn't apractice but we tend to have a bedtime and a time to get up. Planting the corn isn't a practice but we have to do it at the same time every year.

Even the body works like that. It'd be a laugh if the heart just didn't feel like a regular schedule and whenever haphazzardly. Maybe the sun will suddenly change its schedule.

Gem
15-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Oh yeah, what was I saying? The pointlessness of it all... like another thing... what point is there in practicing the piano? What point is the sun trying to acheive sitting there burning? What point is the heart beating? All these things... what was promised them that they do what they do, that tempts them to play or burn or pump blood?

Gem
16-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks for stopping by Lisa. Sorry I don't much of any relevance, I thought I would have something insightful to say straight after meditating but as it turns out I don't. I only have shallow things to say really, because meditation for me can be pleasant, but it's not about what is pleasant and there are other elements which are unpleasant, but see, these things that are pleasant and unpleasant aren't important, nor are they even relevent to this meditation thing... pleasure comes then it goes and for a while it hurts then something else and on and on all that stuff, here it comes, there it goes.

You know that song 'the fool on the hill'? That's closer to what this thing is.

Lisa
16-06-2011, 06:36 PM
yeah, I know the song, the fool says, "there were birds on a hill- but I never heard them singing, no I never heard them at all, till there was you." :duckie:

Gem
17-06-2011, 12:12 AM
yeah, I know the song, the fool says, "there were birds on a hill- but I never heard them singing, no I never heard them at all, till there was you." :duckie:

There was love all around.... la la la la la la la la.

Gem
18-06-2011, 04:21 PM
If one is ready for this there is no difference in the value of pleasure or pain, and the experience may just be what it is, to enter what lies secretly in pandora's box, as meditation is either a flacid imaginary game or the blatant staring into the phsyche's reality.

Reminds me of the Village people.

"Body body, wanna feel wanna feel my body baby"...

Lisa
18-06-2011, 05:44 PM
heeheehee- you crack me up. you really are a gem.

you are a meditation

people take my eyes

Gem
19-06-2011, 04:16 AM
The meditation, what it is, not any hopes, but what it actually is, can not avoid discomfort, which is easy to demonsrate by sitting perfectly still like the fool on the hill... the point is really a realization that the fly on my face will wander there for a time then will be gone, so the fool only watches, and the mind remains the same by knowing that this light bliss will soon pass to the same degree as the pain which preceeded it.

After a time, like a two hour sitting, aches and pains become quite prominant in the body and one notices the mind reacting to that with a terrible aversion, but this is all the object of observation, the observer is a seperate thing... and where ones say there is no seperation it must be realized that the mind is observed in the same way the body is observed and I am not those... There is always two affairs, the one that watches and passing parade watched. That distinction will be arguable to non-dualists... but I am not the thought.

It's the way it is... Now enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-YYqjhVi4 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.youtube.com%2525 2Fwatch%25253Fv%25253D9l-YYqjhVi4)

Gem
22-06-2011, 08:49 AM
It is thought to be another thing, which it is, but to be another thing isn't to say it is a seperate thing... even to say it is a thing is to say it stands out against no thing, and it does, but these aren't seperate. So I shouldn't say a seperate thing...

The main thing is, it happens to be this way, and that's so simple a truth.

People like to think the truth is personal, but such a comfort can only serve to strengthen fallacious beliefs, justify holding on to something untrue, and it seems so liberal to validate a belief as a truth, but is it not extremely dogmatic and opinionated?

I often wonder, more recently even more, what happened to the truth? When did someones opinion become 'personally true'?

Why has meditation been equated to the comfort of the creature?

So silent it is.

HallowsEve
01-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I also admire your dedication.I have been continuously promising myself that I'd continue meditating daily but just... haven't.

Gem
04-08-2011, 02:28 AM
I also admire your dedication.I have been continuously promising myself that I'd continue meditating daily but just... haven't.

I would advise anyone to make an appointed time for meditation. It only needs to be part of the schedule. People like to say 'whenever you feel like it', but life doesn't work like that... the corn needs to planted or you hunger instead of harvest.