PDA

View Full Version : Faith and Knowledge

Thinker108
28-05-2011, 12:33 PM
what is the difference between faith and knowledge. Devotion is faith or knowledge.

WonderLight
28-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Faith is a spiritual substance (not physically tangible, but creatively vibrant); it is accessed by the heart, by our belief that something we wish or hope for will become manifest. As we move towards the desired goal, faith, this substance, becomes an energetic bridge between present and future. Knowledge, on the other hand, is simply a collection of information and experience. It is different from Knowing -- that deepest, creative aspect of Self, which has two functions: 1) the recognition and manifesting of Truth, and 2) the creation of alchemical transmutations (changing one thing into another thru an act of spiritually empowered Will).

This is brief and incomplete, but I hope it's helpful

WonderLight

Internal Queries
28-05-2011, 02:48 PM
knowing is certainty.

faith is hoping that you know for certain.

i'm faithless individual. if i have to hope then i know uncertainty.

mattie
28-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Faith is a trust or a strong belief in a spiritual system. Devotion is loyalty to a faith or a religious ritual. Knowledge is both a learned body of what we regard as facts & personal experience. Generally faith is belief in things about which we have little or limited personal experience, but trust the assessment & experience of others. Spiritual faith of all types usually involves beliefs that canít actually be proven by anyone in what we would call an incontrovertible scientific manner, but about which people have a strong feeling.

Faith & knowledge have some interesting nuances. Mainstream religions often present their beliefs as historical fact to try to supplant other religions. What is accepted knowledge is actually quite fluid historically, particularly w/ spiritual beliefs. New ideas that are considered absurd & even heretical are often valid beliefs 50 years later & completely accepted mainstream knowledge 100 years later.

Thinker108
30-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks for all views