PDA

View Full Version : How come some people are born gifted?

surrendertotheflow
27-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm just really confused as to why some people are just born with esp or telepathy abilities and some develop them through spiritual practice. I know some people who are real mediums, it's their day job, and they were born into a family that are all like that. One of them saved my grandmother's life one time because she heard her screaming in her sleep. She called the phone and it didn't work so she called the police. Someone had broken into our house that night. That was years ago. But I saw this lady today and she did not exhibit any spiritualism in my eyes. It's just something that "runs" in her family.

She is racist and judgmental. I don't understand how some people just get this gift, and others have to develop it spiritually. I have not developed much at all, except for being able to communicate with my sister at times. Why is it so difficult for someone who really practices, really tries to better themselves and accept others, judge less (I realize I still have ALOT of work to do) to develop my consciousness, but for some they are just born with it?

I realize they are perhaps born with it because of spiritual breakthroughs in past lives, but I don't understand how you can be given this gift unless you are receptive enough to the love and the light of God. So, what gives? Just curious if anyone else has any thoughts on this. I know it must sound like I am complaining, I'm really not. I am just curious.

BlueSky
27-05-2011, 04:27 PM
The body is made of different parts.

Silver
27-05-2011, 05:08 PM
I can relate to what you're talking about, sttf.
Part of it is you have a lot of experiencing/living to do yet and as far as I can tell you're doing really well on the inside from other posts. I think you have to get involved in your own life a bit more, do your own things for the time being, and the learning and wisdom will grow exponentially, knowing how you've been thus far. Just don't concern or worry yourself with this question and 'it' will come.

{That's a mysterious answer, ws...:icon_scratch:}

BlueSky
27-05-2011, 05:13 PM
We can't all be arms or legs. Some of us have to be the little toe and the nose....lol

Native spirit
27-05-2011, 05:15 PM
:smile: I am one person who was born with it, believe me if you saw the things i saw and knew when i was young, you would look at it being more of a curse than gifted,
you develop in time when spirit decide you are ready then you will see it differently

Namaste

Gracey
27-05-2011, 05:36 PM
maybe it is genetics. it is in my family, everyone is gifted, but nearly no one wants anything to do with it.

Sungirl
27-05-2011, 05:41 PM
some people are great artists, others musicians, mathematicians, healers, carers... and some are here to do the work.

If everyone was amazing at something we would have a world full of trailblazers.. and no-one to follow the trail.

I'm not brilliant at anything, I am good at a couple of things, mediocre at most things I try and absolutely rubbish at other things.

It's not about being amazing at something specific, it's about seeing your own gifts, seeing your own place and being that the best you can.

Be happy as you are, you are perfect.

... but don't let that stop you learning and growing...

surrendertotheflow
27-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I understand what you're all saying. I understand that we can't all be the same, and everyone is here for a different reason, and we grow at different rates, etc... I was just curious as to how it differs, if you were born with it or you grow into it spiritually.

tragblack
27-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm just really confused as to why some people are just born with esp or telepathy abilities and some develop them through spiritual practice.

Some just get it spontaneously.

She is racist and judgmental. I don't understand how some people just get this gift, and others have to develop it spiritually.

Perhaps that means that these kinds of abilities are not dependent on any type of spirituality, though certain practices help.

Why is it so difficult for someone who really practices, really tries to better themselves and accept others, judge less (I realize I still have ALOT of work to do) to develop my consciousness, but for some they are just born with it?

Perhaps this is a karmic test of how well you can accept this person for who they are.

I'm not brilliant at anything, I am good at a couple of things, mediocre at most things I try and absolutely rubbish at other things.

Eh, sometimes over-specialization is overrated.

Emmalevine
27-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I developed psychic ability virtually overnight. Looking back, it clearly happened after a series of letting go and regular meditation -so it was the right time for me. We're all different and have different paths/ purposes.

Trieah
27-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I think there are a lot of various factors involved as to just why this is. Maybe the ones who have to work harder at remembering what they've learned from past lives with having these abilities more prominent, are actually supposed to be working on other lessons, that don't involve the use of these gifts as much.

But who really knows for sure, when the various reasons out there can be as vastly different, as there are as many different people out there.

I can only speculate as to why I've had to work harder at attaining my gifts. Especially where there does seem to be a bit of a run in the family. I come from a long line of First Southern Baptists, who teach that any and all spiritual gifts are the work of the Devil. When I was only a little girl, I had to block my abilities, or continue to face the consequences. So the majority of my spirit encounters growing up, were very few and far between. But always clouded over with deep seeded fear and negative entities.

I just got really good at being able to block them out. Too good :/ apparently, as now I have to struggle with taking those blocks down.

nightowl
27-05-2011, 11:31 PM
I think too that there are different factors that can be involved in how one receives their abilities. For me personally it runs in my family so I do believe it can be inherited through bloodlines. I also believer that it can be something as simple as how our brains are wired. We are organic beings as well as spiritual and sometimes it can just be the combination of body chemistry and spirit chemistry coming together in the right formula that activates the abilities easier then for some than for others. It can be developed when we seek it as well.

When I think of gifts I like to look at it as we all have them and can learn to recognize and use them. The timing of the activation I think would be determined by when Spirit thinks it is best and by life situations. Many people don't have them until after near death experiences or traumatic events, this to me speaks to brain/spiritual chemistry being shifted.

I think that there are those who can use their gifts in the analogy of a flashlight, as with a wide beam covering many different gifts or as laser with a beam of focused energy covering a specific area. If one is stronger in one area than another than developing that gift may seem easier for them then for one who, say may have a stronger gift in another area. I am of the mind to think it is best to develop your strongest gift for it is that one which Spirit needs and want you to operate in the most for it is that place in the universe which connects one to the co-op of all to help all. Hope this helps. :hug3:

nightowl

surrendertotheflow
27-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks. All of these posts helped :smile:
I guess for me, nothing has ever been out in the open, a real confirmation that I have Spirit with me. I have been through a lot of traumatic events though, and even though nothing manifests physically for me, or even spiritually, I do have this sense of knowing that I am protected, that I am more than this body, that I have all the power if only I can let go of it!! lol

I enjoyed reading your responses. Thanks everyone :hug2:

psychoslice
27-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Everyone is gifted, we all hold the same gifts, we just got to learn to open them.

WonderLight
28-05-2011, 01:16 AM
there are many ways to see. don't compare yourself to others. your gifts will manifest when you find your teacher

Trieah
28-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Also, there are many gifts out there, other then just psychic gifts. There's the gifts of music, art, athletics, leadership, oration, nurturing, teaching and healing. The list goes on and on. :smile:

zipzip
28-05-2011, 04:12 AM
I think the more you start to trust your instincts and your vibes, the more you will find out you are right about lots of things. Just let things flow to you and eventually you will learn to trust them....

zipzip

surrendertotheflow
28-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks guys. I feel the love :hug3:

blackfellawhitefella
28-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Everyone is gifted, we all hold the same gifts, we just got to learn to open them.

by letting go and more importantly, imo , gett'n out of our own way

... through Us not OF us , points in a productive direction

zipzip
28-05-2011, 01:56 PM
by letting go and more importantly, imo , gett'n out of our own way

... through Us not OF us , points in a productive direction

I like how you worded that, Mr Fella. I forgot about "getting out of our own way" I am notorious for doing the complete opposite of that. lol
Thanks for the reminder...

zipzip

Time
28-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Mabey the question is:

" why do you think you ARENT gifted?"

surrendertotheflow
28-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't think I am NOT gifted, Time. I just thought unlocking those "gifts" had more to do with spirituality and love, and sometimes it's just genetics, sometimes it's just your time. We all unlock pieces of ourselves at exactly the right moment that we are supposed to. Each individual is different, and I guess I forgot for a second, but, by no means comparable to each other. We excel at different rates and for different purposes. No two of us are exactly alike but at the same time we are all exactly the same.

I realize if I were just able to let go of my ego's desire for spiritual progress that I would actually progress with much more ease, but the ego wants what the ego wants, and it's easier said than done to just give it all up. Progress, not perfection. I am just focusing on judging less and loving more and not being so attached to "getting" everything just right. by letting go it all gets done, which is why my screen name is a constant affirmation, SURRENDER to the FLOW. :D

Time
28-05-2011, 05:50 PM
wow.... calm down turbo ( LOL im kidding im kidding :D )

I actualy had a brain fart and didnt type what i meant.....

" why do you think SOME PEOPLE arent gifted ( or in hindsight, what actualy qualifies it to be a "gift"?)

surrendertotheflow
28-05-2011, 05:58 PM
wow.... calm down turbo ( LOL im kidding im kidding :D )

I actualy had a brain fart and didnt type what i meant.....

" why do you think SOME PEOPLE arent gifted ( or in hindsight, what actualy qualifies it to be a "gift"?)

haha, I'm sorry if i came off that way, turbo as you put it :tongue:
I'm having an emotional day, I guess it shows more than I realized. I didn't mean any harm in what I was saying. I was just explaining myself. And like I did say, I think everyone is gifted, but you got me on what qualifies it as being a gift.

I guess, the gift is simply being a part of all of this. We are such a tiny spec of of everything that actually is, that is really is a blessing to be a part of something so much greater than we realize most of the time. And because we aren't grateful for this gift, we only manifest bits and pieces of it, failing to see the true beauty of it all because we take it for granted.

Geesh, I always start rambling to prove my point and I just end up proving stuff to myself. :D

So, thank you for that, Time. You gave me the opportunity to tell myself what I had been needing to hear... from myself I guess haha.

Time
28-05-2011, 06:05 PM
LOL, no i hear ya, im really bad for going on rants too ( i think i made a 2500 word post before ) i didnt take it as anything harmful ( i rarely do anyways)..

:D Life has a weird way of workin that way doesnt it?

surrendertotheflow
28-05-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL, no i hear ya, im really bad for going on rants too ( i think i made a 2500 word post before ) i didnt take it as anything harmful ( i rarely do anyways)..

:D Life has a weird way of workin that way doesnt it?

Yup, I suppose it does :tongue:

I like your signature btw. nice way of putting it lol :cool: