PDA

View Full Version : When you walk

MoonDancer
27-05-2011, 04:07 AM
You ever think about all the living things you are killing?! Little bugs and such. :( We can't do anything about it.

Silver
27-05-2011, 04:41 AM
You mean because we can't help but step on them?
Have you ever tried to kill a bug in your house with your bare hands or a kleenex or your foot? They are indestructible little buggers LOL! I squish them with a kleenex and they're still wiggling when I pick it up to look and them I go eeeeek! They're tougher than you think! ****~*

MoonDancer
27-05-2011, 05:34 AM
You mean because we can't help but step on them?
Have you ever tried to kill a bug in your house with your bare hands or a kleenex or your foot? They are indestructible little buggers LOL! I squish them with a kleenex and they're still wiggling when I pick it up to look and them I go eeeeek! They're tougher than you think! ****~*
:icon_eek:
I bring them outside!

Asrais
27-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I sometimes think about it - if I can avoid stepping on anyone I do. If they're in the house I bring them outside - the only exception is if it's a red back, cause I don't want to get bitten or a mosquito because, even if I wanted to catch them, they squish really easily and are evil!lol.

The cats like to bring in moths, the bigger the better! And crickets. I save as many as I can:)

MoonDancer
27-05-2011, 08:15 AM
I sometimes think about it - if I can avoid stepping on anyone I do. If they're in the house I bring them outside - the only exception is if it's a red back, cause I don't want to get bitten or a mosquito because, even if I wanted to catch them, they squish really easily and are evil!lol.

The cats like to bring in moths, the bigger the better! And crickets. I save as many as I can:)
Yeah, my cats stay inside but they used to live to bring up crickets they found in the basement for us.
We also had some outside cats, they brought us chipmunks and moles and dragonflys!

Zero
27-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I squish them with a kleenex and they're still wiggling when I pick it up to look and them I go eeeeek! They're tougher than you think! ****~*

That isn't very funny. :confused:

Sundialed
02-07-2011, 12:01 AM
i bring as many as i can outside. if i can't i ask god that if i leave them alone please let them leave me alone. i hvnt had a problem yet lol
as for bugs outside i'm always looking at trees and everything going on i never look down so...

Gracey
02-07-2011, 01:15 AM
You ever think about all the living things you are killing?! Little bugs and such. :( We can't do anything about it.

when i lived in ga, frogs would pollute the streets. pop pop pop all the way home, terrible.

when i was a kid i felt bad for the grass getting cut, i wondered if it felt pain or it was like out hairs.

Stellar_Steve
02-07-2011, 02:31 AM
I was forced to actually kill insects in the 6th grade and display them on pins for a project. It was horrible.

Distortedsoundz
10-07-2011, 03:32 AM
I think of that sometimes! I just try to avoid squishing them. If I cannot see them and they get squished well, I guess that is just a part of life?

Silver
10-07-2011, 03:44 AM
I used to try and take them outside, but they'd jump up my arm and want back in, so I gave it up. I don't want them in my home, if one is in the tub, you wash it down, next thing you know they've crawled back up and are in the tub. And little boys often take things apart, including bugs. My brothers used to chase me around the yard with the grand daddy long legs, my older of the two would pull the legs off of them and watch them wriggling around. Ugh. I didn't care for that!

NightSpirit
10-07-2011, 04:10 AM
I'm like that DevA. I try to step over a line of ants. I won't spray for flies if I can avoid it. I die when gecko's get caught in a closing door and they squeal....eeuuuu :( ...but as long as our intent is pure then bugs underfoot can't be helped.

My brother (horrible little boy) used to pull wings off flies.

Ever been chased around with a rhino beetle SG? not nice!

Silver
10-07-2011, 04:12 AM
You have rhino beetles? I've only seen them in pictures, omg! I can imagine the screams!

NightSpirit
10-07-2011, 06:58 AM
You have rhino beetles? I've only seen them in pictures, omg! I can imagine the screams!

Yep! we certainly do. Their seasonal (around xmas time). Even dogs are wary of their hissing and clingy claws.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/turbobird01/rhinobeetle.jpg

zipzip
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I try and avoid stepping on bugs and such also. If I catch them in my house, I try and bring them outside.

NS that is one scary looking beetle......:icon_eek:

zipzip

Lynn
11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello

On the morning walks to school the kids are so careful along the sidewalk not to step on a bug. Me middle Son will even stop to pick them up and move them off the path.

We have come to see some amazing natures creatures . Too there are many times that even touching our own eyes ext we are talking a life of something that lives on us. Its simply that creatures life path, if one does not go out to do it on purpose then there is I feel no bad karma to it.

Lynn

Squatchit
14-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I take creatures outside too. When I was younger I'd 'save' worms from the pavement and put them in the undergrowth - less chance of being seen by beady-eyed birds.

I do have an exception. Flies. They annoy the heck out of me. And they don't seem to have the noggin to leave the house via the window I've opened for them. Even when I'm shooing them with my hand, they ignore me and buzzz buzzz buzzz at the window pane. Eventually I give up and hope they find their own way out. The ones that particularly annoy me are those tiny things that fly within two inches of your eyes. It's like they're doing it for sport. :D

However, when it comes to wasps and bees, I stay very very still when they are around. :tongue:

Rhino beetles - eek. In London, there was the 'May Bug' day. And 'flying ant' day. Yuck. The May bugs were what looked like flying cockroaches. It was as if they all hatched on the same day. You couldn't walk home from the train station without them flying into your hair. Bleugh.

Saying all that, I am rather fond of the little creatures. I'd like to spend a day in their world.

Sarian
14-08-2011, 11:32 PM
My family thinks I'm nuts, well, not my daughter as she does the same. I take bugs outside if in the house, bees, spiders. I mostly leave the spiders be unless they are freaking someone out. When I go for walks, especially when I go to my fav spot...I remember one day as I had my head down in thought as I was climbing the rock stairways, I saw daddy longleg spiders just doing their thing and I thought how everything in the world is just making its way around in life, so I smiled and stepped over it, same with ants or any bugs I do notice. I got to thinking about how many I don't see... :-(

I have moved worms out of the way so they don't get stepped on, same with catepillars. A friend of mine has an almost 2 year old granddaughter and we were outside and she saw an ant and quickly stepped on it. Her grandfather taught her that they were bad and to be stepped on. It made me sad. Then I watched as he went around and stepped on every ant he saw as well.

shandy61
15-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I trt not to kill any living thing, wherever possible I move them out of the
house.
I think all things feel pain the way we do, maybe they don't, but I prefer to work on the theory that they do & deliberatly not inflict pain
S
x

Kristin050585
18-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I am always looking where I walk so I can avoid stepping on bugs. I just feel like i shouldn't step on them. I always see so many animals when i go walking. It is so peaceful and relaxing

Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM

I think about this too! I avoid the ones I can see though. :redface:

Fennic
11-11-2011, 06:05 AM
My eyes are always on the ground while walking I won't put spiders out unless I know it's a species that belongs outside, a lot of spider species have adapted to living indoors and by putting them OUT it's killing them. I refuse to kill any insect or animal (Directly. Yes I eat meat, no i'm not proud of it.)

IsleWalker
11-11-2011, 04:51 PM
This idea used to bother me as it seemed that, at it's basic core, life entailed the destruction of other life. i.e. bacteria are just life forms trying to live in us, the air we breathe may take it from some other being, the water we drink deprives some other creature.

But now I realize that (a) life in never-ending, even for an ant. So if we step on them, they will or may take some other form. They came in to experience "ant" and so that's part of it. (b) nature is spirit's way of providing us with what we need. It is the materialization of our desires (i.e. created by us/them).

This sounds cold, but it's really not--at least in my eyes. It is quite beautiful.

IsleWalker - Lora

neptune13
20-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I myself try to avoid squashing little bugs...but...now I have lovely 'Shaver Hens' and their very protective 'Rooster' and they just love to eat a tasty 'cockroach/spider/worm and all other plentiful bugs or two. I now leave them to feast on 'bugs' that I would have rescued/avoided in the past.
What we try to avoid squishing will be consumed by other 'bug' eating creatures.

Every Single Living Organism Is A Part Of "The Food Chain".

helygen
12-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I was mocked once because a daddy long legs had a leg trapped in a window. I made a fuss til the window was unlocked and it could fly away. I told them that just because we cant hear them crying it does'nt mean theyre not!!!

Gem
12-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I was mocked once because a daddy long legs had a leg trapped in a window. I made a fuss til the window was unlocked and it could fly away. I told them that just because we cant hear them crying it does'nt mean theyre not!!!

Heh... I like this post..

Sarian
15-01-2012, 12:35 AM
I didn't know daddy long legs could fly....

IsleWalker
15-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I didn't know daddy long legs could fly....

:D I didn't want to point it out.

Sarian
15-01-2012, 05:13 AM
:D I didn't want to point it out.
Ah, leave it to me to...

lol