PDA

View Full Version : Chakra confusion

Adrienne
26-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I keep reading about chakra meditations, healing and balancing the chakras, etc.

Maybe I am the only one, but I don't understand WHY or WHAT is the purpose for doing this ?

If one heals the chakras - what does this do ? How is this connected to anything ?

If one balances the chakras - what does this do ? and the same second question as above

:angel2: Chakra Confused Angel

Mind's Eye
26-05-2011, 11:17 PM
The chakras are connected to various parts of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies.. If one is out of balance it can cause the individual not feel well, have physical symtoms, emotional symptoms and spiritual blockages and even dis-ease as they say.

Balancing and healing the chakras restores the energy flow to the various "bodies" and often heals the condition and helps one to obtain higher spiritual growth.

That's it in a nutshell..

Adrienne
26-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Thank you Mind's Eye, that is about as simple and precise an explantion as anyone could ask for !

If one is feeling out of balance,or not feeling well in any of those areas, physical, emotional, spiritual ... then how do they figure out which chakra is the one to work on ?

Mind's Eye
26-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I usually try to do them all in one shot and make sure the entire energy body is functioning properly... However, if I'm feeling lazy... I will go three down.

Example; If I am having problems in my head area,,, I will balance crown, third eye and throat.

Emotional or spiritual symptoms are usually more tricky and can be caused by various chakras being out of balance... so then I do all seven in one sitting, lazy or not.

Adrienne
26-05-2011, 11:38 PM
A good first time idea would be to do all 7 chakras ?

AmethystDawn
26-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Yes, Dream Angel, that's the way to go.

Lay down, relax and starting with the Base Chakra, imagine that Chakra spinning it's colour (red) until your body is imbued with red light, slow it right down and then progress to the next Chakra Sacral (orange) and so on until you get to the crown Chakra.
I don't know if this is the right way to do it but it seems to work ok for me. I got the basic principles of a Chakra cd which is lovely until the woman starts 'singing' (read warbling here) and completely spoils the ambiance.

Xan
27-05-2011, 02:10 AM
In another thread someone recommended Stephen Halpern's "Chakra Suite" which can be downloaded from the net. There is a song for each of the 7 major chakras in the appropriate key which you listen to along with breathing and visualization.

Xan

Adrienne
27-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks much Xan !

Adrienne
27-05-2011, 02:16 AM
AmethystDawn, thank you for sharing the technique you use. I had to smile at your comment " singing ( read warbling here ) and completely spoils the ambiance " . I got a cd once something about communicating or connecting with your Spirit Guide by Sylvia Browne. Nothing against the woman, however, her voice is not the most condusive to listening to in a guided meditation.... I just couldn't do it !

MoonDancer
27-05-2011, 04:06 AM
The first time I meditated on my chakras I felt....better is the only word I can think of. Kinda like blowing your nose :laughing8:

AmethystDawn
27-05-2011, 07:24 AM
AmethystDawn, thank you for sharing the technique you use. I had to smile at your comment " singing ( read warbling here ) and completely spoils the ambiance " . I got a cd once something about communicating or connecting with your Spirit Guide by Sylvia Browne. Nothing against the woman, however, her voice is not the most condusive to listening to in a guided meditation.... I just couldn't do it !

:D In every other way it's a lovely cd the guided meditation is very good for newbies and I would find myself gently drifting off in silver light etc only to be brought back down with a bump. I did think of ripping the cd and editing out the 'singing' but after reading Xan's post I will give Stephen Halpern's "Chakra Suite" a try.

In another thread someone recommended Stephen Halpern's "Chakra Suite" which can be downloaded from the net. There is a song for each of the 7 major chakras in the appropriate key which you listen to along with breathing and visualization.

Xan

Xan, thank you for your tip recommending Stephen Halpern's "Chakra Suite" I will give him a try.

Perspective
30-05-2011, 02:00 AM
I appreciate this thread, since I was wondering similarly. The chakras are connected to various parts of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies.. If one is out of balance it can cause the individual not feel well, have physical symtoms, emotional symptoms and spiritual blockages and even dis-ease as they say.

Balancing and healing the chakras restores the energy flow to the various "bodies" and often heals the condition and helps one to obtain higher spiritual growth.

That's it in a nutshell..Mind's Eye,
I relate to & have experienced how thoughts & emotions affect us physically. Is it possible that one's chakras are open without one's awareness? ... Maybe through the use of other spiritual methods, like metaphysical-related affirmations?

I read that there used to be more awareness of auras & chakras in old-Christian time, with the evidence of halos over saints' heads in paintings. I imagine such awareness may be tied to psychic powers in discerning others' intent or spiritual essence... which could also be applied to healing (according to one's own healing of course).

I find it really interesting & want to learn more!

Mind's Eye
31-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I appreciate this thread, since I was wondering similarly. Mind's Eye,
I relate to & have experienced how thoughts & emotions affect us physically. Is it possible that one's chakras are open without one's awareness? ... Maybe through the use of other spiritual methods, like metaphysical-related affirmations?

I read that there used to be more awareness of auras & chakras in old-Christian time, with the evidence of halos over saints' heads in paintings. I imagine such awareness may be tied to psychic powers in discerning others' intent or spiritual essence... which could also be applied to healing (according to one's own healing of course).

I find it really interesting & want to learn more!

Chakras can open without a person being aware. Sometimes people experience certain rises in consciousness, become more energy sensitive and many other things. Certain spiritual activities and meditations can cause certain chakras to open up more.... so yes to your question.

As far as the halos in old christian paintings go... I think that is a matter of opinion and even debate among some people. But I do think the ancient people's were more aware of the energy body and such.

Hope this helps... :smile:

Perspective
31-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, thanks, Mind'sEye.
It seems that Auras & Chakras are simply spiritual awareness of self & others on a higher level.
In an attempt to give myself my own spiritual lesson in church, :smile: I looked through the scriptures about "spiritual body" - there's actually a lot in there!

Mind's Eye
31-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, thanks, Mind'sEye.
It seems that Auras & Chakras are simply spiritual awareness of self & others on a higher level.
In an attempt to give myself my own spiritual lesson in church, :smile: I looked through the scriptures about "spiritual body" - there's actually a lot in there!

There certainly is... some folks are just blind to it I suppose. Or think it is something weird and unexplainable.

NiteOwl
31-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Xan

Trying this immediatly!