PDA

View Full Version : Problem with reading any posts

mArIya
26-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Hi

I can log in and get into chat fine, but I dont seem to be able to read any posts - old or new. A message that says "no matches found" just comes up.

Help appreciated thankyou:hug2:

Silver
26-05-2011, 05:12 AM
I hope it's cleared up by now loveyduck...if not, it may be a problem with your browser? Idk. I had some problems getting on the site at all earlier today. But it cleared up after a couple of hours.

mArIya
26-05-2011, 07:13 AM
Hi Silvergirl

thank you for the reply - ill give it a bit of time and see what happens and if it clears as this if the first time ive experienced this problem. Just recently i updated to internet explorer 9, but IE is my browser and always has been - so Im not sure and Im not that computer savvy LOL

Say prayers for me:icon_eek:

glpoisson
26-05-2011, 11:37 AM
It's a 'feature' of IE9. Something having to do with which scripts it will allow to run and which are deemed potentially threatening. I had to download Mozilla Firefox and use it as my browser for SF to get things to work correctly. There should be several other threads in Forum Help regarding this.

NightSpirit
26-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Happens every time someone upgrades to ex9...damn program is a virus!

Go into your control panel and do a system restore to a time before you upgraded. You may lose anything you saved since then but its worth it to rid yourself of ex9.

Kaere
26-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Here's a thread discussing it a little bit.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13628

Time
29-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Lovey, im having the same problem :(

Jusst use another search engine. My IE 9 decides to work properly when it wants to ( on SF), even at that the adds are poping up allov, soem screens dont pop up..... its horrible, long story short the websites arent up to date..

Im using gogole chrome ATM, jsut a heads up, different browsers apperantly have different options on SF, theres no "quick links" button at all, and i have to go through one of my posts to get my my list of posts..... its a pain, but in a few weeks im guessing the plug ins ( what makes the sites work with the browser (ie, Internet explorer, fire fox etc) should be up to date, or the engine wshould have the bugs fixed...

IE 9 seems to work when its wants too.............

norseman
29-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Time, stop mucking about and get Firefox Version 3.6.16 ! :D Dont be tempted by Version 4 - too early, wait for 4.1 when it comes.

in progress
29-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I always use "new posts" and I get that problem a lot after I've used it previously and still have the same instance of Safari open (Safari is my browser). I find that if I close Safari and reopen it some cache somewhere seems to reset itself and I can use new posts again. When I'm lazy (always!) I click the next "new posts" option like previous day or previous week and those will work.

meryem
31-05-2011, 12:56 PM
IE9 is quite buggy one browser version of IE. It's better to revert to previous version of IE. Otherwise it will be much wiser to move to Firefox 3.6.16 version. For their latest version is also having some crash issues.

NiteOwl
31-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Lovey, im having the same problem :(

Jusst use another search engine. My IE 9 decides to work properly when it wants to ( on SF), even at that the adds are poping up allov, soem screens dont pop up..... its horrible, long story short the websites arent up to date..

Im using gogole chrome ATM, jsut a heads up, different browsers apperantly have different options on SF, theres no "quick links" button at all, and i have to go through one of my posts to get my my list of posts..... its a pain, but in a few weeks im guessing the plug ins ( what makes the sites work with the browser (ie, Internet explorer, fire fox etc) should be up to date, or the engine wshould have the bugs fixed...

IE 9 seems to work when its wants too.............

Good to know b/c I am having the same problem. :) Thanks for all the info! I was considering switching to google chrome.

mArIya
08-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey

Thanks for all the help......Yes since i upgraded to IE9 - ive had the problems. system restore it is

yinepu
08-06-2011, 05:48 AM
your not alone loveyduck i did the same thing , and yes i did a system restore, no problems since

mArIya
08-06-2011, 10:04 AM
yay! all fixed up and thankyou to Hez0405 whom I met in chat - i downloaded firefox and walaaaa! Awesome. :D

daver
11-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Using Internet Explorer 9... From the Tools menu, select Developer Tools, then click on IE8 compatibility mode. Everything should work fine now. Hope this helps. :)