PDA

View Full Version : I'm seeing too much ego here

seeker2011
26-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Ego, as defined as the "worldly personality" is rampantly pervading this forum.
Very few posts reflect an actual consciousness waken to the fact that humans exist as two things: 1- an animal, and 2- a quantum of spirit.
Most of what I read here is from the animal consciousness. Some of what I read here is from "spiritual awareness" born of an "awakening" from the dreamworld of men. That involves a whole lot of pain, the awful pain of becoming aware of what we once were. That is why most of those who have woke up, dont like to talk about it. It intensifies the pain. That being said, it is helpful for a short while to talk about it.
That's why the real posts are brief. We know the pain in the background, we feel it and live it, and grow silent to retreat back into the consciousness that we've grown, retreat from the world of men, that of language, and rest. Rest until ego calls us into action again, and into the world of people we descend briefly, as much as we have to, and then rise again into the world of consciousness belonging to spirit, where we come from, where reality might be observed we hope, because after all, we are still people---no matter what, until the body dies.
Gloomy? Only if you are looking through the animals' eyes.

tragblack
26-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Very few posts reflect an actual consciousness waken to the fact that humans exist as two things: 1- an animal, and 2- a quantum of spirit.

I don't agree.

Most of what I read here is from the animal consciousness. Some of what I read here is from "spiritual awareness" born of an "awakening" from the dreamworld of men. That involves a whole lot of pain, the awful pain of becoming aware of what we once were. That is why most of those who have woke up, dont like to talk about it. It intensifies the pain. That being said, it is helpful for a short while to talk about it.

You must be talking about a different place. I see all kinds of people doing just that here.

I hear many speak of the "toils" of awakening, but I have seen and felt them as joys.

Internal Queries
26-05-2011, 04:23 AM
gee ... i guess i don't know what "spiritual" means because what i see on this forum are a bunch of folks relating their "spiritual"(?) experiences to each other, some advise asking and giving and some esoteric type debating.

what is it that you expect from us, seeker?

MoonDancer
26-05-2011, 04:49 AM
Wow, sorry (nope) we aren't as highly spiritually developed as you. Actually no, if you were this thread wouldn't be here.
Its a journey and a process we are here to learn and grow, if you want to be surround be people who feel they are "spiritually" elite then leave.

Jyotir
26-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi seeker 2011,

There was a very funny comedian named Flip Wilson, who was famous for the line: "What you see is what you get."

~ J

thelastman
26-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Dear seeker 2011,

Why do you feel that animal consciousness is not a part of the spirit? Why cannot it all be one and its limited understanding by us contribute to our perception of there being a duality?

I feel that at a deep level it is all one, but (in many of us) the path towards knowledge which comes naturally, is the path which concentrates on the metaphysical Reality more then the physical Reality. Hence we mistakenly start thinking that it is something superior to "gross" manifestations of worldly life.

In the words of Srinivas Ramanujan, the Indian mathematician "An equation to me means nothing but an expression of God". For him, who was wholly consumed in mathematics all of his brief life, maths was his path to God. Similarly, some left hand path follower may take on a way based on the ego as a path to the Reality.

Regards

astroboy
26-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Seeker,
If you commented on my posts as egotistic I would agree. But when someone pointed it out, I quickly underwent some changes to correct myself. This shows that this forum has helped some people like me in a great way.

NightSpirit
26-05-2011, 08:38 AM
I suppose that depends on the eye of the beholder Seeker :smile:

Anna
26-05-2011, 08:40 AM
What do you expect Seeker? We don't begin to lose our ego until we have passed into the afterlife. While we are on the Earth plane it will always be a part of us. We just have to learn not to let it become the biggest part of us, that's all and that includes not being negative to others!

Anna

Natalia
26-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Hello Seeker2011

Try to understand if you can that not everyone is at the same level. Like children we develop and grow at different rates. It sounds more like ego when one comes across as 'Why can't people that post think more like me and be totally \up there/ and not so into the animal self'

Knowledge is infinite. You'll never stop learning or be knowing of everything, spiritual or not. Put it this way metaphoricaly speaking ....when one can count every single grain of sand, every rain drop, every leaf on all trees and bushes on the entire planet then you may know all, for just like knowledge it is endless.

I think of Ascended masters like the zodiac symbol aquarius. Holding a vessle of water (aka knowledge) pouring it out into the universe ready and waiting for you to learn from.

I've come to find this site and the members on it very helpful with what they post. It's too ignorant to not want to look further and beyond what some people offer in their posts and some of my inner findings could not have been done without the push and shove from some of the posts i've read...eg tips and techniques and shared perspectives. I'd even go as far to say that some members have ascended masters speaking through them to help others on their journey of awakening.

Silence is a time to listen. You can choose to reteat and come back and share or come back and compare.
Perfect silence is when there is no need to speak or explain.

Bright Blessings :color:

Gem
26-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I get peeved for the exact opposite reason.

Greenslade
26-05-2011, 01:29 PM
That's why the real posts are brief. We know the pain in the background, we feel it and live it, and grow silent to retreat back into the consciousness that we've grown, retreat from the world of men, that of language, and rest. Rest until ego calls us into action again, and into the world of people we descend briefly, as much as we have to, and then rise again into the world of consciousness belonging to spirit, where we come from, where reality might be observed we hope, because after all, we are still people---no matter what, until the body dies.

I have to admit to taking a second look at this post, Seeker. At first I didn't agree with any of it but now...... Now I think I understand where you're coming from. The one thing that keeps me going is that one day I'll go Home - with a capital 'H'. All things of this human Life are transitory and temporary, including this human Life itself. This too will pass.

Spiritlite
26-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Ego is a part of the human experience, and people always say ego is bad, and I never understand that, yes it can be bad and antispiritual but we have an ego for a reason, God doesn't make mistakes.
Spiritlite.

seeker2011
26-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Exactly that.
What do I expect is just what you all gave me, thank you very much.
I'll be agreeing with everything you all said, except for one thing:
I'm not holding myself 'up' as more advanced.
I'm struggling with more difficulty than the earth life has ever given me before. I am reaching out here for help. And by your good graces, have recieved it many times already.

BlueSky
26-05-2011, 05:19 PM
I am reaching out here for help.

You could have just asked.............

Silver
26-05-2011, 05:20 PM
We're all having lots of opportunity to practice whatever it is we need the practice for. Good luck everybody~*

unus supra
26-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I see a lot of genuine searching, a lot pain and a lot of love on here. sometimes i see a post and it irritates me, LIKE THIS ONE hahah, then i realize that its just me reacting to something that is just fine

Silvergirl in that last thing you said "good luck everybody"

thats it.

where we are right now, is no mistake, there exists no such thing except in our minds, we are right where we need to be.

were doing the best we can, learning, teaching and even when we appear to regress always progressing, in the manner unique to us. This shindig never goes backwards, even if it appears so. sometimes i see what you mentioned in posts, sometimes in myself, but you know what? it just doesnt matter

its alright buddy, its just all okay. dont worry about it.

for better or worse, like it or not, we are very much in this together, and learning even more from those things that frustrate us above those things that make us feel rosie. in the end we cant be better or worse than anyone else.
i mean, do you think you are more progressed than your self? hahah thats a joke, because when we read these posts
were looking at our own.

again, someone wise, though for the life of me i cant remember who, once said...

good luck everybody.

Silver
26-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm feelin' rosie~*

Rah nam
27-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Be aware, everyone around you is a mirror, often we don't like what we see.

Rah nam

zipzip
27-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Hello,

I think that all of us have a different way and some are still trying to find our way. We have our own thoughts and our way of expressing ourselves and our own pain.

Ask away, Seeker2011. We are all here in this together(well said Unus Supra)

:hug3:

zipzip

Mountain-Goat
27-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I am reaching out here for help.

You could have just asked.............

Yeah, what he said...

Mountain-Goat
27-05-2011, 03:54 AM
Only if you are looking through the animals' eyes.
Though I wouldn't classify it as animal eyes, but simply your current level of what you see.
Only if you are looking through the animals' eyes.[/quote]
Though I wouldn't classify it as animal eyes, but simply your current level of what you see.
Most of what I read here is from the animal consciousness.
Some of what I read here is from "spiritual awareness" born of an "awakening" from the dreamworld of men.
That involves a whole lot of pain, the awful pain of becoming aware of what we once were.
That is why most of those who have woke up, dont like to talk about it.
Please try to refrain from speaking for others. Try to understand you do not know the thoughts or intents of others, so why assume you do.
You have no idea as to why a person has not spoken of things.
It intensifies the pain. That being said, it is helpful for a short while to talk about it.
That's why the real posts are brief.
Again, you are only speculating, and accusing those that post lengthy posts, are posting false information.
We know the pain in the background, we feel it and live it, and grow silent to retreat back into the consciousness that we've grown, retreat from the world of men, that of language, and rest.
No, that's what you do, or think how it goes.
There is no benefit to you or others by making unsubstanciated claims about others.
Rest until ego calls us into action again, and into the world of people we descend briefly, as much as we have to, and then rise again into the world of consciousness belonging to spirit, where we come from, where reality might be observed we hope, because after all, we are still people---no matter what, until the body dies.
This is your perception/belief, not mine, nor anyone else's if they choose to say so.
If you believe your ego controls you(calls you into action), then that's how it will be for you.
If you have an ego, meaning it is yours, then this person(you) who has ownership of said ego, is in charge, not that which is owned.

Xan
27-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Ego schmeego :tongue:

That which judges against ego is also ego.

The point of getting the understanding that there is such a thing as ego-defensive self-importance is not to rub it in other people's faces, but to recognize our own clinging to the conditioned evaluating identity and begin to let it go.

This way we can become aware in the real 'I Am' that is our true being.

Xan

Mountain-Goat
27-05-2011, 04:08 AM

The point of getting the understanding that there is such a thing as ego-defensive self-importance is not to rub it in other people's faces, but to recognize our own clinging to the conditioned evaluating identity and begin to let it go.

Xan
That which has said all that is also ego... so what's your point Xan?
If ego can speak of the so called true life, what's your beef with ego?
And it's not "our clinging". That's your belief, not mine.

Silver
27-05-2011, 04:09 AM

That makes sense.

Xan
27-05-2011, 04:11 AM
ummm well... In my view ego is actually our clinging... to our conditioned, surface identity... which blocks awareness of our true nature. That is my point, AC.

Xan

Silver
27-05-2011, 04:11 AM
The OP is seeking help in their own way, such as it may be, is the point and with any luck it has been forthcoming in some way.

SunMist
27-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Seeker, true enlightenment is incredibly rare and those who dwell in that space continually - well they aren't likely to be posting on an internet forum. Those who know don't say, those who say don't know. A loose quote from the Tao te Ching. That isn't to say that there isn't an amazing amount of experience and wisdom available here - just if you are looking for those permanently beyond ego, well...there's not a lot of those around in the body.

Deusdrum
27-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Im seeing too much ego here in this 'im seeing too much ego here' thread

Deusdrum
27-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Im seeing too much ego here in this 'im seeing too much ego here' thread
Hmm.

Funny that you should say this Deusdrum, you comment about 'seeing too much ego here' in this "seeing to much ego here" thread but really, i am seeing too much ego here from you in your response.

How dare you!

Sorry just kiddin.' :happy3:

unus supra
27-05-2011, 07:47 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my God, i cant stop

hahahahah

that is actually very funny.

Scibat
27-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Ego: Getting bent out of shape because someone posts a thread stating that there is too much ego here.

In other words: Methinks some doth protest this thread too much. :rolleyes:

no_thing
27-05-2011, 08:01 AM
ok i am new here so forgive me if i ramble or make no sense

ego...............to me this is that human piece that forgets the divine aspect of self

what does it take to be no_thing..(?)

detachment from everything

when nothing matters anymore..

unus supra
27-05-2011, 08:22 AM
right on No Thing. Your name is one of my favorite thoughts, and welcome to the Forums.

its good to see new perspectives. detachment from every-thing. there it is!
all things the same, thus no thing matters.

no lie hahah

Gem
27-05-2011, 09:10 AM
When I lost all my ego I thought, "where'd 'e go?"

psychoslice
27-05-2011, 09:29 AM
When I lost all my ego I thought, "where'd 'e go?"
Good one Gem, we just got to laugh don't we, remember the song, ego is not a dirty word.

NightSpirit
27-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Hmm.

Funny that you should say this Deusdrum, you comment about 'seeing too much ego here' in this "seeing to much ego here" thread but really, i am seeing too much ego here from you in your response.

How dare you!

Sorry just kiddin.' :happy3:

LOLol :D ...too funny!

Deusdrum
27-05-2011, 10:34 AM
i dedicate this song to the thread

I love this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpU-nLZ2aOI

Gem
27-05-2011, 02:28 PM
This is a song from Australia and it's just a simple rock tune, but it tells it as it is, so I reckon listen to the words and ROCK OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduuxKdPt9Q

Internal Queries
27-05-2011, 02:59 PM
ego delineates me from everyOne else. there was a time in my life when i was virtually egoless. "i" so empathic there was no consistant "i" so any time i was around people i'd pretty much lose my Id and become them so my i'm rather proud of my ego. it's taken me decades to develope one that is consistant and doesn't buckle, melt and morph when i'm near other personalities.

Silver
27-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Good one Gem, we just got to laugh don't we, remember the song, ego is not a dirty word.

Another wise guy ~ Ty slice!
:wink:

Silver
27-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Good one, Deus~y! Luv it.

BlueSky
27-05-2011, 03:29 PM
I like what Werner says about ego.
He says most claim it is a noun but really it is a verb..........

sound
27-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm seeing too much ego here ...

I admit i am due for a break but am probably too ego driven to take it :D

BlueSky
27-05-2011, 03:53 PM
I admit i am due for a break but am probably too ego driven to take it :D

I keep hoping for the break to come to me. You know what I mean?

Like being called away on a mission trip or going on a retreat somewhere.
That would be awesome :smile:

sound
27-05-2011, 03:57 PM
I keep hoping for the break to come to me. You know what I mean?

Like being called away on a mission trip or going on a retreat somewhere.
That would be awesome :smile:

Yeah i know what you mean James lol ... I had a thought about actually opening one of those retreats ... you know the ones where people come to fast for a week and take on a code of silence :D it would be really cost effective with very little potential for conflict ... no complaints, no in house fighting etc lol

BlueSky
27-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah i know what you mean James lol ... I had a thought about actually opening one of those retreats ... you know the ones where people come to fast for a week and take on a code of silence :D it would be really cost effective with very little potential for conflict ... no complaints, no in house fighting etc lol

You are a gifted entrepreneur Sound! You could also add to your income by writing comedy as seen in the Aussie thread.
You would be set for retirement!

NightSpirit
27-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm so ego-challenged, the only break i see is between the sentences *weg*

sound
27-05-2011, 04:04 PM
You are a gifted entrepreneur Sound! You could also add to your income by writing comedy as seen in the Aussie thread.
You would be set for retirement!

:D I would end up fasting against my will lol

sound
27-05-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm so ego-challenged, the only break i see is between the sentences *weg*
IrememberbeinglikethatNSbutihadashiftinmythinkinga ndthenigottspiritualandallmyproblemsbecamsesoyeste rdaygiveusayellifyouneedsometips :D

NightSpirit
27-05-2011, 04:11 PM
IrememberbeinglikethatNSbutihadashiftinmythinkinga ndthenigottspiritualandallmyproblemsbecamsesoyeste rdaygiveusayellifyouneedsometips :D

hehehe...she's apples but tar love. Im not really ego-driven (pullin' your leg).. butiremembermysisusedtodothiswhenshegotherfirstmob ilephoneLOL....:hug3:

3dnow
27-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm seeing too much ego here

Then beware you are the one who is suffering.

Ohh nooo by saying this I am suffering too.

Stop this dude :D

3dnow

Lynn
27-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Hello

While EGO at times does lead a person to be "King of the Mountain" I have to admit that I have not come to find a lot of that here on SF. Honestly I find at times strong opinions stated and stronger discussions and statements made but I dont feel it as " I am right and you are wrong" .

I have been on SF for several year's now, and I have found it to be a wonderful place for open and pure of heart discussions. Where we are free ( within the rules and respects ) to be WHOM we are.

What I have found is that many come there to find " help" and that is a good thing. To find a place where one's understand and don't feel so alone in the World. A feeling that I grew up with and at one time almost took me from the living. So to have this place to come to is wonderous.

I came to SF with the "WHY" very much in me. I have moved passed that from being here to embrace that growing up and the paths I had made me WHOM I am today and I can honestly say that I embrace whom I am. Embrace the paths I have had in life and the ups and downs.

We are the Human Animal but I do not feel that we look though the eye's of an animal but through the eyes of the Universal Consciouness the whole. What ever that be to ye. We are all connected and we all have an EGO to us. What we seek not to have is the EGO control or maybe rule us.

We I so feel are all on a path of learning or why would we wonder to a site like SF.

I so do not fine too much EGO here what I have come to fine here is a place to FIT IN and to grow with. Accpetance and Peace.

Lynn

Silver
27-05-2011, 06:37 PM
That is just so beautiful, Lynn~* Ty!

Lynn
28-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Hello

Here are some thoughts I have on EGO. What it means....just some thoughts....as it is a very complex topic .
One of the hardest things to understand or at times clear from one's self.

On some levels its a form of self esteem and that is not a bad thing if its kept in check. It can run over into an idea of being self important over another. To be King of the Mountain.
Ego is something to that can be hurt. Ego is a feeling as well as an action at times. If one is with a pure heart and intensions and feels they have done good and is put down that hurts.

Where Ego goes un checked it makes it very difficult to even carry on a conversation with someone. Often I find one's will make a joke to hide the real issues one is dealing with. Afraid at times to face what is truly bothering them. The EGO in the need to show a strong face to the World and make light of what is truly eating away at them.

Where EGO started I would have to say with the very earliest of man. With one group havin a better cave than another and EGO making him think he should have that for his group.

SO, where does one start with finding the ROOT of the EGO issues one has. FIRST one has to be WILLING to see there is EGO. If one will not see the EGO then one can not expect to ever clear it no matter how hard one tries.

Taking the TIME to see how other’s truly see ye, that is a good place to start. With that takes the willingness to LISTEN. At times what one might hear is not what one is going to want to hear.

If EGO is a NEW issue to ye one has to find what EVENT triggered it in ye. It will be an event a time in one’s life that one wanted to find empowerment but really what one found was fear. How to find the ROOT find a bigger shift that occurred in one’s life.

Once one starts to see the EGO one can start to see situation that TRIGGER it to come on. Might be around certain individuals where one can stop and look at WHY one has that need to maybe show off or have the upper hand.

EGO can really hold one back from moving forwards at work, with self confidence, with relationships ext. Don’t be so defensive is someone says something to ye that puts one’s back up look at WHY its said maybe. We need some EGO or one is a “Push Over” but it should show as SELF CONFIDENCE and SELF ASSUREDNESS not I be better than ye.

The Ego of the Soul

Who are we ? Really are we who one seems to be or are we much more than that. Are we truly individual ? Or could it well be we are mere copies of the Soul were before, ever adding to that original Soul. Could we simply be walking the Earth with the illusion of being an individual. Yes there is no disputing that we be one in the physical body we are housed in but on the mind level are we individual in thought process. Do we function on a “one” level. Just the one in the body just the one mind we have ? Or are we one in the physical body alone and all interconnected on the mind or conscious and sub conscious level ?

We talk on the term EGO “I” the self image of being self important, self interested, self esteem to the extreme.

Is it all however negative if looked at from the Soul level, if we take it from the context of not being in one’s personality but in the evolution of that Soul one has come forth with. Could it not be what is there for us on this life path to explore and develop for bringing one to the point of understanding that was lacking in the past evolutions. Like a life mission of that Soul in the body it was for a time housed in this time round. Not fully controlled by the person’s mind on the subconscious level ? Where we might well be able to with our conscious mind in the learning’s we seek out be able to find that place of oneness or inner peace. To become that person that is fully in that place of being self accepting without it being EGO but being purely bliss.

The thing that makes man different from his fellow animal brothers and sisters be only the one thing the human brain we have. Has it been a positive evolution ? Or is it even evolution is open for debate. We are maybe simply at the top of the food chain for a time. We at times seek knowledge but are not following in that knowledge that we obtain but being lead by it. In a way we stagnate there. For the true Soul to evolve and find that place of oneness do we not have to meld as one the conscious mind and the unconscious mind and accept in that the “I” is really and truly maybe “We”. We as in the collective consciousness that be all things. A part of the body a part of the mind but too a part of the Universal whole.

We can all ask and maybe we do all ask at times “Who am I, Why am I here, What is my life purpose ? When maybe all we need to see is that we are here, we are here in the physical body for a time maybe for not more but to “Play” in all it has to offer to us before we are but energy again. Think on the senses we be given the wonders in the smell of a flower say or the listening of a song being played. We in the moment can for a time be ‘one’ with that moment. Maybe that is why the body form for us. Might it just be a vacation for the Soul we have. The final path to me is “I am Universal Light of all things but too of nothing .” I am me in the body, but all in the Soul. Do we exist well the mind and body and physical World tells us yes, but who knows if we are illusion.

We do know that in the body we are fleeting we breath in our first breath of life and in that breath too we are breathing in our last breath of life as the body not (yet) be ever lasting. Enjoy is while it lasts embrace it fully

even if it be in a fragile state. It is the house one has.

Trieah
28-05-2011, 03:09 AM
I so do not fine too much EGO here what I have come to fine here is a place to FIT IN and to grow with.

I couldn't have said that better myself:smile:

I for one, used to be afraid of my own voice, for no one around me ever wanted to hear it. I allowed myself to sink into that silent place, where no voices speak up for themselves. And for that, I became a doormat for all those who thought themselves better then me. All those who would not take the time to get to know who I was. And for a time, even I didn't know who I was, other then just something to be bullied and abused.

Few and far between, were the times when I could actually find enough courage to stand up to the mocking and torment of others. But when I did, there was a numbness behind my eyes, that could make them, be the one to back down. I never thought of it as strength, just empty words from a soul that was already crushed to death. Imagine my surprise, when people would accuse me of being strong, and wanted me to be strong, both for them, and with them. Yet, I knew I did not have enough of an ego, to be who they were wanting me to be.

In time, I finally found enough of a voice, to speak the truth of the abuses that I have suffered. Not to beg for help, or plead for mercy, but for no other reason, then to not remain silent anymore. I learned, that one of the best ways I could ever truly be that strong person, that others would sometimes catch a glimps of, I had to use my voice. And that, was how I became strong enough to stand up with them, and for them.

We each tend to judge others, by the vibes we pick up and our own personal views. Sometimes we are right, or close enough to it. And sometimes we are wrong, but only because of a difference in perspective. But, how would anyone ever know for sure, if we did not speak up? Or worse, not listen? Silence is not always an indication of inner wisdom. And speaking one's truth, does not alway indicate an overly egotistical person.

Sometimes, it is only when we do take the time to speak, or do take the time to listen, that a much more accurate perception of a person can actually be made.

Having said what I needed to say, I will humbling withdraw from this conversation, least I allow my ego to over step its boundaries :wink:

Love, Light, Laughter, and Blessings to you all.

Silver
28-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Trieah, that was wonderful and beautifully said. I could feel that at times shy and scared part of me in there, the words you said. For a thread that started out rather uncomfortably and awkwardly, it really has been one to take us all by surprise. So nice.

Lynn
28-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Trieah, that was wonderful and beautifully said. I could feel that at times shy and scared part of me in there, the words you said. For a thread that started out rather uncomfortably and awkwardly, it really has been one to take us all by surprise. So nice.

Hello

I so second this. I was so shy and scared for so many year's to show and speak on me out of being thought of as strange. OR expressing in words what I had to say out of being judged for the FLOW" it has from me. I have found neither come at me very much. For the most part its been embraced and understood.

We are all here for a reason some guided here I think.

Lynn

NightSpirit
28-05-2011, 03:26 AM
[QUOTE]We each tend to judge others, by the vibes we pick up and our own personal views. Sometimes we are right, or close enough to it. And sometimes we are wrong, but only because of a difference in perspective. But, how would anyone ever know for sure, if we did not speak up? Or worse, not listen? Silence is not always an indication of inner wisdom. And speaking one's truth, does not alway indicate an overly egotistical person.

Right on the knocker there :smile: ....and you're right - silence is not always an indicator, but the vibes are if one is willing to know their meaning.

Its my opinion that in spiritual circles, we tend to make too much hoodoo about the ego. It's human specific and meant to be there for a reason. I think we'd do better to stop putting it down and see it for its value.

NightSpirit
28-05-2011, 03:51 AM
Hello

Here are some thoughts I have on EGO. What it means....just some thoughts....as it is a very complex topic .
One of the hardest things to understand or at times clear from one's self.

On some levels its a form of self esteem and that is not a bad thing if its kept in check. It can run over into an idea of being self important over another. To be King of the Mountain.
Ego is something to that can be hurt. Ego is a feeling as well as an action at times. If one is with a pure heart and intensions and feels they have done good and is put down that hurts.

Where Ego goes un checked it makes it very difficult to even carry on a conversation with someone. Often I find one's will make a joke to hide the real issues one is dealing with. Afraid at times to face what is truly bothering them. The EGO in the need to show a strong face to the World and make light of what is truly eating away at them.

Again, I'll say, we tend to blame the ole ego for everything. Is this really ego you're referring to Lynn? I would see it more as a need to fit into society's 'rules', rather then ego.

Where EGO started I would have to say with the very earliest of man. With one group havin a better cave than another and EGO making him think he should have that for his group.
I would say that's competiteness, rather then ego?

SO, where does one start with finding the ROOT of the EGO issues one has. FIRST one has to be WILLING to see there is EGO. If one will not see the EGO then one can not expect to ever clear it no matter how hard one tries.

Isn't that a man-made idea? Why do we need to get rid of the ego? Who says it shouldn't be there? We are made in the image of God (so they say)...which is Perfect...as we are~~ego and all :smile:

Taking the TIME to see how other’s truly see ye, that is a good place to start. With that takes the willingness to LISTEN. At times what one might hear is not what one is going to want to hear.

Agree

If EGO is a NEW issue to ye one has to find what EVENT triggered it in ye. It will be an event a time in one’s life that one wanted to find empowerment but really what one found was fear. How to find the ROOT find a bigger shift that occurred in one’s life.

Again...does ego target fear, or is it really just a metre to allow us to space to go figure it all out? lol

Once one starts to see the EGO one can start to see situation that TRIGGER it to come on. Might be around certain individuals where one can stop and look at WHY one has that need to maybe show off or have the upper hand.

EGO can really hold one back from moving forwards at work, with self confidence, with relationships ext. Don’t be so defensive is someone says something to ye that puts one’s back up look at WHY its said maybe. We need some EGO or one is a “Push Over” but it should show as SELF CONFIDENCE and SELF ASSUREDNESS not I be better than ye.

The Ego of the Soul

Who are we ? Really are we who one seems to be or are we much more than that. Are we truly individual ? Or could it well be we are mere copies of the Soul were before, ever adding to that original Soul. Could we simply be walking the Earth with the illusion of being an individual. Yes there is no disputing that we be one in the physical body we are housed in but on the mind level are we individual in thought process. Do we function on a “one” level. Just the one in the body just the one mind we have ? Or are we one in the physical body alone and all interconnected on the mind or conscious and sub conscious level ?

I believe we are given glimses of the OneSoul and that is why 'we' (as in the collective of spiritual nature) think and do what we do. What this is..be it illusion or a break-off of the Completeness, is not really important to me. It is what it is, and having gotten past that need to over-analyse it, I now feel at peace and complete in the scheme of things.

We talk on the term EGO “I” the self image of being self important, self interested, self esteem to the extreme.

Yeahhh..heehee...that can be fun! :D

Is it all however negative if looked at from the Soul level, if we take it from the context of not being in one’s personality but in the evolution of that Soul one has come forth with. Could it not be what is there for us on this life path to explore and develop for bringing one to the point of understanding that was lacking in the past evolutions. Like a life mission of that Soul in the body it was for a time housed in this time round. Not fully controlled by the person’s mind on the subconscious level ? Where we might well be able to with our conscious mind in the learning’s we seek out be able to find that place of oneness or inner peace. To become that person that is fully in that place of being self accepting without it being EGO but being purely bliss.

It could be.....or....does it really matter? I'm not trying to pick your post to pieces Lynn. It's great~thanks for sharing. I'm replying with what I'm drawing upon for me only. Like having an inner conversation :smile: Ive let go of the concepts of past lives, evolution, missions, life paths, etc. They, to me, are only human pointers to dissecting it all into little neat boxes, so that the human brain might find some measure of being able to grasp it all. I think, like me, you see way beyond all this :D

The thing that makes man different from his fellow animal brothers and sisters be only the one thing the human brain we have. Has it been a positive evolution ? Or is it even evolution is open for debate. We are maybe simply at the top of the food chain for a time. We at times seek knowledge but are not following in that knowledge that we obtain but being lead by it. In a way we stagnate there. For the true Soul to evolve and find that place of oneness do we not have to meld as one the conscious mind and the unconscious mind and accept in that the “I” is really and truly maybe “We”. We as in the collective consciousness that be all things. A part of the body a part of the mind but too a part of the Universal whole.

Everything is perfect the way it is. How could it be otherwise?

We can all ask and maybe we do all ask at times “Who am I, Why am I here, What is my life purpose ? When maybe all we need to see is that we are here, we are here in the physical body for a time maybe for not more but to “Play” in all it has to offer to us before we are but energy again. Think on the senses we be given the wonders in the smell of a flower say or the listening of a song being played. We in the moment can for a time be ‘one’ with that moment. Maybe that is why the body form for us. Might it just be a vacation for the Soul we have. The final path to me is “I am Universal Light of all things but too of nothing .” I am me in the body, but all in the Soul. Do we exist well the mind and body and physical World tells us yes, but who knows if we are illusion.

We do know that in the body we are fleeting we breath in our first breath of life and in that breath too we are breathing in our last breath of life as the body not (yet) be ever lasting. Enjoy is while it lasts embrace it fully

even if it be in a fragile state. It is the house one has.

Enjoyed your post Lynn....it gave me much to think about. Cheers

Perspective
29-05-2011, 04:02 PM
We are all here for a reason some guided here I think. Yes, I, for one felt spiritually guided here & I've learned more than I can say! I'm thankful for guidance & especially love, I've received here. :hug3:

If it weren't for our ego/intellectual aspect, we'd be dead! It's the necessary part that takes care of our practical safety, nourishment & well-being.
Yes, it can get in the way, but so can our spiritual side, if not balanced with reason.
If my spiritual side ruled, I could meditate all day every day, but what good would that do?
If my ego is dominating, it's because I'm "lookin' for love in all the wrong places."

"Ego has a voracious appetite, the more you feed it, the hungrier it gets." -Nathaniel Bronner Jr.

Neville
29-05-2011, 04:23 PM
It is about what is condusive to one's self and one's perception. An observation is always from the fixed point in space and time that observes it.

We can and do ignore the things we find disagreeable.

It works for me anyway.

Mountain-Goat
31-05-2011, 02:34 AM
You make this judgement of ego...
But you also state this...
Which means your judgement/evaluation/perception of ego and that it is a false self and the rest, is also of ego.
Your ego is judging your ego as a false self.
Your ego is also inspiring yourself to seek a truer self within.

So what's you beef with ego then if it is capable of leading you to this so called true self you speak of?

31-05-2011, 02:59 AM
I believe this:

As long as we open our mouth in regards to anything, our ego is at play. There is no escaping our ego, it is and will always be the driving force behind the evolution of our spirit.

If we were to achieve source, then what?
We become it, and once we become it we will need to create from it, thus the ego begins a new.

It really tickles me when others who have made an account on the same forum as I have, try to school me in the semantics of existentialism.

:happy8:

seeker2011
31-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Yeah, what Member said.

mattie
31-05-2011, 04:31 AM
The phrase ‘rampantly pervading’ seems to indicate there is something inappropriate. There seems to be a tinge of superiority & disapproval of others in this post.

There is nothing wrong w/ our worldly personality. We are in this world exploring both it & the nuances of this particular position in this dimension (D). We are provided our individuality to do valuable learning for both us & the Universe. Our individuality/ego/self is a treasured portion of our whole energy field.

We can BOTH exist in the Oneness of the universal spirit & have a strong sense of self as well as the freedom to voice our beliefs & opinion. One can have strong convictions w/ the freedom to state them & this isn’t being egotistical. The defining element is often attachment to the outcome of stating our opinion. If one INSISTS that others also hold their beliefs or chastises others for not doing so this is inappropriate attachment.

In ‘How to Expand LOVE’, pg. 108 - 109, ‘A STRONG WILL’ The Dalai Lama notes about ego, ‘A strong ego is needed, but without becoming egotistical. You need a strong will to achieve the good. To make a wish that you become able to help all beings throughout space, you need a strong self; with a weak self such an intervention is impossible. This kind of desire is reasonable and is not attachment.’ (My bolding.)

We’ve not always had the ability to openly discuss our beliefs. Some on this planet still don’t. Throughout history spiritual beliefs have always changed. This change is even more pronounced when in a period of MAJOR change such as we are in right now w/ shifting from the Piscean era to the Aquarian one. Discussion of these beliefs is how these paradigms change.

seeker2011 Quote: ‘That is why most of those who have woke up, dont like to talk about it. It intensifies the pain.’

It isn’t a painful experience for all. How we awaken can vary considerably. For some it is a deliberate, interesting, & fulfilling journey. There are various reasons why one may access pain. Often this is deeply buried energetic refuse that one needs to discharge.

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=189540#post189540

seeker2011 Quote: ‘That's why the real posts are brief.

Interesting judgement about what is valid or not!!! My oh my.

There are many styles of communicating. Some appeal to specific types of people. What may seem invalid to us may be exactly what is right for another.

One of the biggest problems this planet’s peoples have had is not ENOUGH ego. Keep in mind that ego isn’t egotistical. 2 completely different things even though they are often erroneously used as synonyms. For 1000s of years many entities both political & religious had lots to gain (& still do) by telling the people they were insignificant, particularly inferior compared to their exalted heavenly rulers. We are beginning to establish our energetic sovereignty, realizing that a robust healthy sense of self is the desirable, really necessary bedrock on which we begin to expand our consciousness. We are realizing that the rubbish about our being inherently defective is totally bogus misinformation intended to persuade us to maintain a VERY low frequency & remain fearful of everything around us. Many have rejected this flawed information as relics of a bygone era.

Ego Is OK, Even ➥➥➥Beloved↵↵↵- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=219829#post219829

Shifting paradigms about how ego is viewed spiritually are explored in this article. 
http://www.enlightennext.org/magazin...nce.asp?page=1

Perspective
31-05-2011, 05:01 PM
That which judges against ego is also ego. You make this judgement of ego... (Imagine a square dance instructor singing...)

"And around and round we go... shake your partner,
:boxing: You all c'mon now,
Let's all get on down,
Let's do-si-do now,
We're gonna have a good ol' time.:pain10:
Don't be scared, 'cause there ain't nothing to worry about,
Let your ego down,
And do the ego dance with me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILwiT_-04Y (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3DI4lxfXltCxQ)
:occasion14:

Neville
31-05-2011, 05:31 PM
What is too much ego? How do you measure it ?

Silver
31-05-2011, 10:21 PM

What Nev said.

Squatchit
31-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Get out a standard ruler and if the ego is more than three-quarters of compassion, then it's too much.

Edit : I thought everyone knew this...

Neville
31-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Get out a standard ruler and if the ego is more than three-quarters of compassion, then it's too much.

Edit : I thought everyone knew this...

Would that be a 30 cm or a 15 cm rule and in any case my compassion comes by the bucket of two imperial gallons each:D