PDA

View Full Version : God - A Man in the Sky

ete233
25-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I think most of the worlds religious followers or God believers think of God as a tangible being. Like the pearly gates or streets of gold. Sitting on the right hand of God in heaven. Sorry only giving Christian examples. Like the terrorists with their 72 virgins. God isn't a man in the sky. God is either pure formless information or pure formless Love.

ete233
25-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Man looked up in the sky long enough to see their was order. The Sun, Stars, Moon, etc. They begin to worship this order, the sun giving them Life. Sunday. Eventually this worship became modern religion. And were screwed. Oh, and water is important. Because their was totally a massive flood wiping out everything but a male and female of EVERY species. Where is the Truth in the Bible? What about plants? Did they all survive the flood..? Since plants are really beneficial to life. Maybe I'm taking a metaphor to seriously. Slap a doctrine on it, becomes Truth.

The only provable Truth is that existence exists. Everything else is an observation or an idea.

Natalia
25-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi Ete :smile:

I don't know what others think about things like this (as in all individuals). Sure there are ideas and thoughts but that is their own. They can choose to believe what they want to believe. Who am i to say otherwise right?

Bright Blessings :color:

ete233
25-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Ete :smile:

I don't know what others think about things like this (as in all individuals). Sure there are ideas and thoughts but that is their own. They can choose to believe what they want to believe. Who am i to say otherwise right?

Hi, true, but, when ones belief infringes on another, it creates division. Like with all modern religions.. Division is BAD.

There are religious Gods of many types, mainly Christian, Jew and Muslim. But then there is just God. A God with no stigmas attached, no labels. Just a God that encompasses all that exists. Rather you think of existence as an enigma or you think of it as something explainable. Like science or religion, though religion thinks they have, will ever come to the truth that is. That life advances into its own purpose, the experience of its own existence.

gentledove
25-05-2011, 11:15 PM
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Ahhhh, I just looove Dr. Seuss!

OK...back to subject at hand. Who's to say God can't be everything/idea? Energy and matter are interchangeable, and what if they are just different forms of consciousness after all? Just sayin'

Well,,,not trying to start anything. God didn't present to me as a man with a beard, but rather as pure powerful loving white Light. I believe the Bible says "God is Light"? I'm not a Bible scholar though, I could be wrong...

Natalia
25-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Interesting point. But what is division? It's an illusion. To infringe upon another is quite easy. Yet why would you? To validate your existance? Like gangs for example...why all talk, walk, dress the same. Follow anothers ideas. Are they their own person? Does this make them feel belonging to?

There are divisions in many things, including gender. This is a distraction from truth. What one may be looking for in another might not actually be there. Looking for the physical too often ....well you may just miss your flight.

Example of illusion. I ask you to take a jar outside when it is night and fill it with the night air. Take the jar inside...what do you see in the jar? Then again do this with day light, take it inside and what do you see in the jar? Our eyes see dark, our eyes see day light but it's an illusion. There is only ONE. Another example....the rainbow is ONE colour...all colours come back to white. Without the sun you wouldn't see colour.

If you could look at the world from space you wouldnt see people, not til you got up real close. Their are no boundaries from up there....all is whole. Yet when you land down along come limitations and restrictions.....eg : passports, paper that states who you are and degrees in education so forth....without these some in society see you as no one.

gentledove
25-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi, true, but, when ones belief infringes on another, it creates division. Like with all modern religions.. Division is BAD.

How are differences bad ete? Isn't your Dr. Seuss quote saying something different?

Differences aren't bad, (just as the colors of the rainbow aren't bad), it's insisting that our way is right and others are wrong and must change that creates division...not differences, imo.

ete233
25-05-2011, 11:22 PM
I believe everything is conscious, considering everything vibrates. Yes, God is just an idea. I personally, though I don't like labels, am an Agnostic-Skeptic. Also, an Anti-Theist. But, I believe in my own form of God, as I'm sure most others do. But, I can't stand conformation into the big religions (Christian, Jew, Muslim). It makes me sad people some people are herded around like sheep. But, believe what you want.

ete233
25-05-2011, 11:25 PM
How are differences bad ete? Isn't your Dr. Seuss quote saying something different?

Differences aren't bad, (just as the colors of the rainbow aren't bad), it's insisting that our way is right and others are wrong and must change that creates division...not differences, imo.
Yes, there are gender divisions and biological divisions. But, on a HUMAN level, look at all the social divisions. Look at the harm, rather then the good. Look at the good, rather then the harm. Does this balance out? How is SOCIAL division not bad? Apart from the individual, which is impossible not to be divided. The meshing of everything in existence Creates Oneness..

gentledove
25-05-2011, 11:31 PM
But, I can't stand conformation into the big religions (Christian, Jew, Muslim). It makes me sad people some people are herded around like sheep. But, believe what you want.

Yes, I think it's great that you believe what resonates with you. Perhaps though our sympathy for people who appear to be herded like sheep might end up wasted when in an instant with one profound experience they'd suddenly be ahead of us in understanding? I personally don't feel omniscient enough at this point to judge anyone.

gentledove
25-05-2011, 11:35 PM
es, there are gender divisions and biological divisions. But, on a HUMAN level, look at all the social divisions. Look at the harm, rather then the good. Look at the good, rather then the harm. Does this balance out? How is SOCIAL division not bad? Apart from the individual, which is impossible not to be divided. The meshing of everything in existence Creates Oneness..

Again, I agree, it's the animosity, not the differences that are the root of the problem. It's not a problem that our bodies are made up of different cells and different systems. It becomes a problem when one set of cells tries to dominate and take over the others to their detriment (cancer).

ete233
26-05-2011, 12:32 AM
But, religions are like the biggest gangs in the world. Religions create the most division between the people who choose to conform and label themselves. Which is over half of the worlds population. Were all encompassed by the same light, we just aren't all aware of it. Its not really the language that fails. Its the interpretation of the language that fails or the interpretation of the point the language is trying to convey.

Uma
26-05-2011, 01:31 AM
there is a Zen joke: if you see God, shoot him :D

Natalia
26-05-2011, 03:36 AM
'But, religions are like the biggest gangs in the world. Religions create the most division between the people who choose to conform and label themselves. Which is over half of the worlds population'

Maybe we should be looking for the 'Never in my life have i farted' group. They might have some answers.

It really all comes down to choice of the individuals free will. Perceptions are not all the same. Will they ever be? Are they meant to? Maybe everyone and i mean EVERYONE has something to offer. If groups appeal then so be it. If solarity appeals then so be it. Finding their own way in their own time is inevitable. This could takes years, even after death....possible?

3dnow
26-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Believing God is a man in the sky and giving him the power to judge you are the worst things you can do for yourself.

3dnow

Blaze
26-05-2011, 08:39 AM
If God is a man then he is not the God!

Uma
26-05-2011, 01:27 PM
A point of view from the film JURASIC PARK:

Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man … woman inherits the earth.

Bluegreen
26-05-2011, 04:13 PM
But, I can't stand conformation into the big religions (Christian, Jew, Muslim). It makes me sad people some people are herded around like sheep. But, believe what you want.

We are evolving (our souls are evolving). Perhaps the Christians, Jews and Muslims need to be where they are because it is a stage they must go through before they can move on.

ete233
26-05-2011, 09:58 PM
The purpose of labels is to differentiate from that which is NOT labeled. I think religions need to move on, but, my opinion. I prefer to follow my own path. Life advances into its own purpose, the experience of its own existence. Do you mean souls as in the collective of ALL individual spirits? If so, hot and cold. Division will always be. But on the grand scale of society, why is there so much. Shouldn't being united overcome division and then the world can begin to heal? Love is the pinnacle of all emotions. But, hate underlines us.