PDA

View Full Version : Cancers in the Houseeee?

Amaliaaa
25-05-2011, 08:43 AM
any other cancers out there? i find it REALLY annoying to be a cancer lol. very sensitive about everything. always handling others' problems. any traits you guys have issues with? or actually like? i'm trying to learn to appreciate my sign :/

therefinedmind
25-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Hey Amaliaaa

I am a cancerian and I love it! I especially love being extra intuitive. I find that it is a great advantage to have a sense of what people are thinking and how they are going to respond before I act.

I also love being super emotional, I like to get right into my emotions, even if I feel sad I like to immerse myself in the emotion and listen to sad music etc....I enjoy ALL emotions!

I think I am a fairly typical cancerian. Loyal, intuitive, a homebody, and the way to my heart is through my stomach - I think about food all the time! :D

You have a choice to enjoy your unique traits, so you may as well make them work for you. We are lucky to be Cancerians :D

Kiran
25-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Another cancer with ascendent aquarius and moon in taurus... I love to be this aqua-air-earth spirit, sensitive and sensual... I am quite an emotional person and not ashamed of it. I can absolutely relate to what therefinedmind says about homebody and the way to my heart is through my stomach, hehe.

I too think we are lucky to be cancerians

Amaliaaa
26-05-2011, 02:09 AM
therefinedmind, thanks for sharing! i also agree with the food & being a homebody part lol! although i really dont enjoy being so emotional :/

kiran, thank you for sharing as well :) i have to say i'd rather be a cancer than any other sign so i guess i'm lucky too!

therefinedmind
26-05-2011, 03:31 AM
i find it REALLY annoying to be a cancer

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! so have we swayed you then? :smile: You did well to go from that to preferring cancer to any other sign! :hug3:

ivy71983
26-05-2011, 03:44 AM
I'm a Cancer!!!!! :D

The emotional part has caused me some hurt and pain but i guess that was because i haven't been using this quality the way it is meant to be used. I dont know about others but i have let others take advantage of my emotional state or us in general because we are so giving.

I love being a homebody :redface: but i also like going out and having fun! (but most likely to stay inside and watch movies or act weird with friends.

I agree with the intuitive capabilities but also feel that the emotional aspect can get in the way :confused: or make it worse, lol.

Have any other cancers ever experienced getting to a point where they dont care or want anything to do with something anymore? (mind you it takes alot for a cancer to come to this point because we are so sensitive and giving)

NiteOwl
26-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm no Cancer (Taurus here), but I love ya'll! My partner is a Cancer and I've been a fan of yours most of my life. Teehee. :)

It's the earth and water combo that works so well. Most Cancers I know work hard, want whats good in life, and need stability. Most are super moody but what I find charming is the vunerability matched with the assertiveness. Love it!

Cancer's (and Aquarian's) have the most beautiful eyes!

therefinedmind
26-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I think that sums it up really well NiteOwl - especially the vulnerability and assertiveness bit!

Ivy, I do feel that way every now and then, and I take it as a sign that change is needed, and that I am growing out of a situation. I think it means we need to either try a new approach, or let go.

Spiritlite
26-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm a cancer sun and rising my husband is a cancer sun and I love being very empathic and intuitive as a result.
Spiritlite.

Wrenna
26-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm a Cancer, and I'm so typical it hurts lol.

The biggest problem for me is being a home-body. I could happily stay in my home every evening for the rest of my life, and as long as my fiance and those that I love are with me, I really wouldn't care!

Amaliaaa
27-05-2011, 04:43 AM
i feel the exact same way Wrenna! if my favorite restaurants could ship me my favorite meals every once in a while i'd never leave my house! im glad this is a shared trait lol i thought i was crazy.

therefinedmind
27-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Hahaha, it's funny because most weekends when my workmates ask what my plans for the weekend are, I say "not much" in a blasé kind of way, but secretly I am really excited about staying at home all weekend!

Love to travel, but then retreat back into my shell for a while :)

in progress
27-05-2011, 05:57 PM
You guys are cracking me up! I'm a Cancer ascendent and like Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz... "There's no place like home!"

I don't even understand the desire for travel. Why would you want to leave the most appealing and comfy place in the world?

I'm also quite emotional as mentioned by many others. And when there's trouble brewing, sometimes caused me, retreat into the shell!

smam
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm a Cancer Sun/Mercury/Venus! Libra Ascendant. It's an awkward mix. I'm mostly fire & water. LOL. I loooooooooove my sign. Both my parents are Cancers too, so we're a bunch of kooky, moody peoples.

I actually tend to be most attracted to other Cancers too. & Taurus'. That's my thing. Astrology is so interesting.

nitebreez
02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm a Cancer, too! I have a "crazy" SAG moon, though,...and that makes me a little more brave to do things that my Cancer sun might be a little too timid to do on it's own. When I was young,...my Cancer sun was more pronounced,...and I was a very timid little thing. Now that I am getting older,..I believe my SAG moon is the one pushing me to be more assertive in things. But yeah,...........I do love my little home. I think nothing is sweeter than spending time in my own little "haven" away from the world. My stomach doesn't rule me,..though. Over the last 3 years, I have lost over 50 to 60 pounds on a "low-carb" life-style. And I'm KEEPING them off! I'm fond of fitness training, also (in my own little home, of course!)!

ivy71983
02-06-2011, 02:41 AM
I use to be very quiet and timid but now . . . . .

I feel myself crawling out of my shell (which was my sanctuary, lol) and becoming more brave as nitebreez said. I love to go out but not every night or weekend, lol. Once in a while is ok for me because every now and then i need that freedom but its important to come back to my home.

What does all the ascendant stuf mean and how would i find out? I know im attracted to the moon but thats all i know, lol

ivy71983
02-06-2011, 02:42 AM
and i love Tauruses too!!!! my daughter is a taurus and we have such a relaxed and fun relationship. I can already see shes very intuitive and she just turned 2! lol

meryem
02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I am a Cancerian too and I really hate my nature. Often misunderstood, non practical approach, thinking of other guys problems while myself being in throat dip in issues... One should be non caring what happens to this world and should only live for himself only. For this world don't deserve anything like this. :(

Nevertheless the love Cancerians some times gain out of their funny nature is always a welcome complement. :)

nitebreez
02-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I use to be very quiet and timid but now . . . . .

What does all the ascendant stuf mean and how would i find out? I know im attracted to the moon but thats all i know, lol
..you need to have your "natal chart" drawn up. There are computer software and programs that can do that, also (there are some websites that offer that, as well,...some one may be able to advise you on that). You also need to know the HOUR that you were born,...so as to know your ascendant. (mine's Virgo ascendant).

nitebreez

ivy71983
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM
oh ok . . . im going to check it out. Thanx nitebreez!

eyalec
05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Amaliaaa
Every sign has its wonderful traits and its challenges. The sensitivity for example, offers the ability to better understand other people.

Sapphirez
06-06-2011, 06:53 AM
any other cancers out there? i find it REALLY annoying to be a cancer lol. very sensitive about everything. always handling others' problems. any traits you guys have issues with? or actually like? i'm trying to learn to appreciate my sign :/

hmm that's weird, there's no cancer in my chart but I have the same traits... I guess there are probably different sensitivities and different problems that different signs take on for each other.
anyways, since it seems like a burden to you, perhaps you should take a closer look at the rest of your chart and it can help you to understand more and realize that you are not just your Sun sign (sorry if you discover your Moon and Mercury and Venus are Cancer too lol)

Flora
06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
A dear friend of mine is a cancer. And I've hardly ever met such unusual people...
I even have a thread here to be able to undestand you guys better :D
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5573

Flora
06-06-2011, 08:41 AM
You guys are cracking me up! I'm a Cancer ascendent and like Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz... "There's no place like home!"

I don't even understand the desire for travel. Why would you want to leave the most appealing and comfy place in the world?

I'm also quite emotional as mentioned by many others. And when there's trouble brewing, sometimes caused me, retreat into the shell! You know whats strange? There is no cancer in my chart and I feel almost the same about home and feelings. Well, there's some fire there and it needs to be released from time to time, but more or less I'm rather at home than somewhere else.
The only but is that I am not as moody as you guys. But this appeals to me in some ways. Cancers are just cuddly peaope sometimes :D :hug:

smam
18-06-2011, 06:25 AM
I'm a Cancer, too! I have a "crazy" SAG moon, though,...and that makes me a little more brave to do things that my Cancer sun might be a little too timid to do on it's own.

Me too! Gotta love the Saggy moons. LOL.

faith83
21-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I have a cancer moon and as a child I was always in my shell, extremely intuitive and such a home body. My libra sun was sooooo confused! Lol

I've grown out of most of those traits just recently at the age of 27. Still moody as heck tho

Neth Rana
21-06-2011, 08:46 PM
My boyfriend and his sister and my Mom are all cancers...I'm not a cancer myself, but I'm definitely attracted to and surrounded by them! :tongue: They're all very caring, sensitive people, as cancers usually are. It can be...frustrating with my boyfriend, because he definitely does the "hide in his shell" thing. (more so when we first started dating, but he still does it sometimes) But at the same time, when he does come out of his shell, it's all the more amazing. Embrace your cancerness!!! Cancers are beautiful people. :)