PDA

View Full Version : signs of spritual development

Thinker108
25-05-2011, 05:32 AM
What are the signs of spiritual development? I mean how we can know we are going to right direction?

unus supra
25-05-2011, 05:42 AM
How often you feel at peace, easy as that,

say to yourself each day, am i happier? am i more at ease?

because thats what this is all about, and thats all that matters, all the rest
is a distraction on the path.

take your ease friend, you deserve it.

nightowl
25-05-2011, 05:52 AM
What are the signs of spiritual development? I mean how we can know we are going to right direction?,

Maybe, a recognition of a spiritual insight, a 'ahha' moment, a progression in spiritual understanding of an enlightenment, no matter how small, a change of perspective, a warming of your spirit...many little things, many big things...stay open to learning and spiritual development will never stop. Enjoy the journey :hug3:

nightowl

NiteOwl
25-05-2011, 06:58 AM
By you even asking that question, you're on it! Just remember it's a bumpy ride as you heal, so be patient with yourself.

yes
25-05-2011, 09:26 AM
What are the signs of spiritual development? I mean how we can know we are going to right direction?

Being calmer, slower to anger, less judgemental, more compassionate, find yourself seeing the real reason behind another's aggression, rudeness, ignorance and so on?

Thinker108
21-06-2011, 04:46 AM
i am waiting for other views.

Greenslade
21-06-2011, 07:41 AM

What is Spiritual development and how do you measure it? Is it measured by coming on here and spout words of wisdom and knowledge, or some kind of artificial level of attainment? Are we starting from the bottom and working our way up the Spiritual ladder, or have we already been at the top? In this realm of time we see things in a linear way, so do we see Spiritual development in the same way? If we are Spirit on a human Journey then we've already been at the top of that ladder, we've been privy to so much more than we could ever be in this Life. We weren't Spiritual - we were Spirit. That kinda takes care of the linearity of our Spirituality.

We also don't know where our Soul is on its Path. Come to think of it, do we really understand what our Soul is, or is the best we can do a consensus of opinion? And if we're not so sure about the Soul, how can we judge what's right and wrong for it? How do we know what point it is on its Journey?

We let it all go. We step back from this 'we know best' attitude and listen to that inner voice, or what our Soul/Inner Self/insert something tells us. We stop trying to be where we think we should be or want to be and take a good look at where we are, because turning away from where you are is turning away from your answers.

We let go of right and wrong. It's not about what it's supposed to be but what it is.

Eudaimonist
21-06-2011, 08:31 AM

That depends on your path, although peace of mind seems to be a very common element in spiritual paths.

eudaimonia,

Mark

I-Ching
21-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Hari Hari Thinker108 (nice number ;),

Spiritual advancement is measured by the extent to which we have transcended the illusion of this temporary body and realized our eternal blissful nature as spiritual beings. This practically means being free of lust, greed, envy, pride etc. and on the positive side being full of Love for all beings as part and parcel of the Supreme Being.

Truthfully,

Emmalevine
21-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I agree with I-Ching's post. It is about developing a sense of oneself as a spiritual being, rooted in love and self honesty. My turning point came when I stopped looking to others to nurture me and realised I had what I needed within me. This doesn't mean not having support, but I started to let go of the addiction to others to provide that which I can give myself. I'm no longer dependent on anyone or anything outside myself whilst retaining the spiritual knowledge that we are all connected and everything is okay.

I-Ching
21-06-2011, 11:58 AM
In the same way that our bodies are dependent on food and shelter, we are also spiritual dependent. In order to make progress we must have a source Truth to turn to in times of crisis. When we are assaulted by the storms of material nature we can not really on our minds to give us support. That is why I depend on the I-Ching to communicate with my Guide.

spiritmagic
22-06-2011, 11:34 PM
If you are being kind to your world and your self you are on the path, keep it simple and just be kind.

johnatre
23-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Heyyy. I was coming to ask this question! I'm glad you asked it so I could already have the answer :]

mattie
23-06-2011, 01:38 AM
There are various signs that apply at our varying stages of growth. Peace, achieving balance, developing Oneness w/ others & the Universe, & respect of self are often signs, but so can being restless, searching, & questioning.

We have stages of our journey & there are different things happening during these.

Stages Of Our Energetic/Spiritual Journey- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=230376#post230376

TRUST your self to navigate this journey. You're more than capable.

zipzip
23-06-2011, 04:37 AM
I think you will just start to feel more at peace and just feel good about yourself. Instead of looking outside for answers, you will seek them within. It kinda gives you a peaceful, easy feeling

zipzip

Thinker108
23-06-2011, 04:45 AM
I think you will just start to feel more at peace and just feel good about yourself. Instead of looking outside for answers, you will seek them within. It kinda gives you a peaceful, easy feeling

zipzip
OK Sir. I will do so

I-Ching
23-06-2011, 08:05 AM
just be kind. Hitler also thought he was being kind to the human race by removing unwanted genes. Without a connection to Divine Will we don't know how to be kind. Whatever action is according to Divine Will is good and other action either bad or a waste of time. To know Divine Will we have to have a True Guide.

Thinker108
24-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Hitler also thought he was being kind to the human race by removing unwanted genes. Without a connection to Divine Will we don't know how to be kind. Whatever action is according to Divine Will is good and other action either bad or a waste of time. To know Divine Will we have to have a True Guide.
Great thought. What is the meaning of your user name? I think I-ching is a martial art or not?

Carolyn90210
24-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Spiritual development comes when you don't care about your own self-development anymore, because it really doesn't matter to you. It comes when you're more interested in other people than yourself and your own self-improvement. Self-improvement is a trap, a work of the ego.

I-Ching
24-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Great thought. What is the meaning of your user name? I think I-ching is a martial art or not?
The I-Ching is a form an ancient (seemingly Chinese, but Vedic IMHO) form of divination. It is a tool that allows you to communicate with your Guide.

Greenslade
24-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Spiritual development comes when you don't care about your own self-development anymore, because it really doesn't matter to you. It comes when you're more interested in other people than yourself and your own self-improvement. Self-improvement is a trap, a work of the ego.

Give that lady a round of applause.

I-Ching
27-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Spiritual development comes when you don't care about your own self-development anymore, because it really doesn't matter to you. It comes when you're more interested in other people than yourself
What is in the best self-interest of others? Hitler thought the best self-interest of others was to eliminate unwanted members of the human gene pool.