PDA

View Full Version : Do We Have Free Will ?

Lynn
23-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Do we have free will ? For the most part yes, there are rules of social and moral contacts we must go along with ( or should go along with). That is there to keep society in check and to make it easier for us to function around others. Where free will comes in is maybe more in our alone and private time. In our Mediations and Dreams, where the brain is free to shut off some and the Soul is free to wonder.

Is the Soul free to wonder ?

Does the Soul get to experience freely when our brains are at rest ?

Lynn

Internal Queries
23-05-2011, 05:42 PM
lol free will. like i have a choice to be other than who and what am i and to act according to my nature and the modifications that have been implemented by the environment in which i evolve.

free will = you can chose peanut butter cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies.

but Divine Circumstance determines who and what you are and the environment in which you evolve.

Bluegreen
23-05-2011, 07:07 PM
lol free will. like i have a choice to be other than who and what am i and to act according to my nature and the modifications that have been implemented by the environment in which i evolve.

free will = you can chose peanut butter cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies.

but Divine Circumstance determines who and what you are and the environment in which you evolve.

It is said in various books that we are offered a number of lives to choose from before we are born. In other words, we chose our nature and the environment in which we were born. In most cases lives are chosen that offer the best opportunity for growth.

I must admit though that it is much nicer that we can choose peanut butter cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies. Would you like some delicious Belgian pralines?

TzuJanLi
23-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Greetings..

Do we have free will ? For the most part yes, there are rules of social and moral contacts we must go along with ( or should go along with). That is there to keep society in check and to make it easier for us to function around others. Where free will comes in is maybe more in our alone and private time. In our Mediations and Dreams, where the brain is free to shut off some and the Soul is free to wonder.

Is the Soul free to wonder ?

Does the Soul get to experience freely when our brains are at rest ?

Lynn
Yes, we do have freewill, according to our willingness to deal with consequences, or.. our ability to mitigate consequences.. Yes, our awareness wanders throughout the 'whole' when the mind is 'still' or sleeping, more so during sleep...

Be well..

jackie-b
23-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I really, really don't know...on occasion I can glimpse back on my life and every moment appears to have been so beautifully orchestrated, from the deepest hell to the highest heaven. By whom I don't know.

Internal Queries
24-05-2011, 02:58 AM
It is said in various books that we are offered a number of lives to choose from before we are born. In other words, we chose our nature and the environment in which we were born. In most cases lives are chosen that offer the best opportunity for growth.

I must admit though that it is much nicer that we can choose peanut butter cookies instead of chocolate chip cookies. Would you like some delicious Belgian pralines?

it is said in various books (many books say many different things) because we humans like to believe we're in control. we'll tell ourselves stories and create rules for the universe as if the universe is ours to manipulate. LOA and all that. creating ones own reality and yadda yadda. fun stuff and ego enhancing but whatever you imagine you chose or create or attract with your laws you've chosen or created or attracted due to your nature and the environment from which spring. believe as pleases you and in that which soothes your fears. it's just that my ego isn't big enough to believe that i can conform the universe to my personal desires. i didn't ask for or plan my existance. i just am.