PDA

View Full Version : Calling the quarters

norseman
23-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome Elementals of the North, of Earth.
I ask that you bring your gifts of patience, endurance, stability, and prosperity to this circle.

Welcome Elementals of the East, of Air.
I ask that you bring your gifts of wisdom, intellect, perception, and inspiration to this circle.

Welcome Elementals of the South, of Fire.
I ask that you bring your gifts of passion, strength, energy, and will power to this circle.

Welcome Elementals of the West, of Water.
I ask that you bring your gifts of emotion, pleasure, fertility, and receptivity to this circle.

Welcome Elementals of the Centre, of Spirit.
I ask that you bring guidance to this circle.

After your ritual is over, never ever forget to dismiss the quarter entities. This should be done in the same manner but in a counter-clockwise fashion. It should go something like this...

Elementals of the Centre, of Spirit.
Thank you for the gifts that you have brought to this circle.
Stay if you will; go if you must.
Hail and Farewell!

Elementals of the West, of Water.
Hail and Farewell!

Elementals of the South, of Fire.
Hail and Farewell!

Elementals of the East, of Air.
Hail and Farewell!

Elementals of the North, of Earth.
Hail and Farewell!

As with all matters of the heart, mind and magick, make sure that your intent is worthy of the beings that you call to watch or guard your circle. Such things can back-fire on you in very unexpected ways.
If you find this ritual of merit, use it ! If not, well, dont :D

Lunacie
25-05-2011, 08:30 PM
That is much like how I do it myself. However, I also add "Be welcome here" when calling the quarters.

Medium_Laura
25-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Very nice :) Pretty close to how I call the "watchtowers" :)

tragblack
25-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I always feel so awkward calling them... I usually leave it out and settle for simply having representations of them in the circle.

Lunacie
25-05-2011, 09:16 PM
I always feel so awkward calling them... I usually leave it out and settle for simply having representations of them in the circle.

Calling the elementals doesn't have to be elaborate, or even spoken. You can simply raise each representation in the air and mentally say "welcome" to each element.

norseman
26-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Take a look back in Tarot School to see why I posted this :D

However, I have just had an idea.
One of the big issues [imo] of the big SF crash is that we lost all of Calantiriel's excellent posts. It would be "useful" to build a sort-of reference library of the Craft perhaps - think about all the posts in here which begin "I am new to ........... and would like to know how to .......... Get my drift ?

Medium_Laura
26-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Excellent idea Norseman :)

Spiritlite
26-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Thankyou for this printing this out.
Spiritlite.

athribiristan
27-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Take a look back in Tarot School to see why I posted this :D

However, I have just had an idea.
One of the big issues [imo] of the big SF crash is that we lost all of Calantiriel's excellent posts. It would be "useful" to build a sort-of reference library of the Craft perhaps - think about all the posts in here which begin "I am new to ........... and would like to know how to .......... Get my drift ?

Great post, and a great idea. Thanks.