PDA

View Full Version : Healing the Anger/suffering Spirit

Enigma
27-11-2006, 04:10 AM
I believe fully in we are our own worst enemies, we are our own Cure.
For Years I have struggled with Anger. I feel at constant dis-ease.
My Spirit is suffering.
I ask of anyone, to give me some thoughtful advice on how to replenish my Beautiful Spirit. Before U being with the journaling, exercising, I have done the basics ten times over - and I am still at dis-ease. I know it is solely up to ME to overcome this inner battle, but any thoughts from anyone else will be Greatly! appreciated!

dmg73
27-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Enigma - I completely understand where you are coming from as I feel the same way as you have indicated. I know that I have to work through my anger issues and let go of A LOT of stuff, but it has just been very hard for me, especially over the past couple of years. Any suggestions that can be offered would be very much appreciated!!!

cweiters
27-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you both Enigman & dmg73 for allowing me to reiterate this message to myself.

Melting down anger is not easy, when I’m in the grip and euphoria of angry adrenaline.

Most of the time I can melt down my anger with this fact:

Because people, places and things don’t shape or form to my expectation, I suffer with anger. I am actually angry about the world not seeing life as I do, conforming to my beliefs and concepts.

Acceptance and Forgiveness are the two spiritual principals that work for me. Only when I am truly ready to exercise them will I be free from anger.

Or I can just go on…….and on……and on….with:

“If only this world would just do what I say” then I’ll be alright. Their wrong and I'm right, us veses them, how long?

And we all know how long that will take.

Love
cw

ljepotica
28-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey Enigma,

I understand what you say about anger, I used to be a lot more angrier than I am now.

One thing that you should do is to not think about it, the more we think about something the worse it gets.

As cweiters points out you must accept and forgive.
When you start to forgive-it can be hard but with time you will learn to forgive and your anger will lessen-and you will start to feel much better about yourself.

On the other hand there might still be some angry sides to your personality and I advise you to just accept that this is part of you, it's no use fighting it, instead concentrate on the parts of yourself that you like.

I still get angry at times but now I have calmed down a lot-and I would not wish to part with my anger-I say this because my anger is not from a dark side of my personality but as cweiters says because the world does not understand me and my way of being and life.

Anger is also a good way of releasing stress and negative energies (as long as you don't have bad or dark thoughts to accompany the anger and don't go around delibrately hurting people)

Take one step at a time for the time being accept that you're an angry person and then work on to reduce that anger.

Good luck:)

xxx

Enlightener
28-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Enigma, Cweiters: Anger is something that you have created, in yourself, possibly because you LIKE being angry. And who could blame it is fun, though on the concious level you see it as a not-so-good thing, deep down you LOVE it.
Anger is an emotion, and emotions are highly addictive chemicals.
I'm not a very angry person, but when I do get angry I enjoy it, I enjoy the feeling and it soon passes.
Anger is drama and drama is one of the most juicest things the soul can experience, it is this reason that we do a lot of silly things, it is because we love it, we love the drama, though, again, this is on the soul level, not the mental or physical one.

Enlightener

GoldChord
28-11-2006, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I too have my fair share of anger. It is an intense emotion - it can be useful. Sometimes we are far too complacent. It is good to understand the limits of yourself. However, anger cannot sustain itself - it burns itself and you out. Ultimately, it must become something else. My question to everyone on this thread is: What are you angry about?

My anger serves as a mask for really dealling with complex emotions. I hide my hurt behind anger. I do this because I am angry at myself - for ultimately trivial things. I must learn to forgive myself - to understand that I am divine and therefore cannot be bad - just a student of life. Where is your anger leading you - what is it teaching you?

If you need to be angry - be angry - but know what you are angry at/about? Squashing it down will not help you learn from it.

Love to you all.

cweiters
28-11-2006, 05:12 PM
You are so right Enlightener, anger feels good to me sometimes, in past I enjoyed those highly active chemicals "such a petty pleasure." Recently I realize that if this form enjoyment continues it can create serious internal damage to me. Just as I create the anger, I also create the pain and stress, so for this reason it would behoove me to avoid anger no matter how much enjoyment I get out of it.

On a soul level I have experienced some blockage, bondage, warped vision etc.....as a result to anger. Personally Enlightener Today I want to ascend to my highest level of spiritual consciousness. Anger will keep me lock in the physical as pect of myself as I said feeling as "If things would only go my way," leaving me no chance of me enjoying the even more pleasurable experiences I have spiritually.

For example the bright light I see each time I meditate, the light feeling I get as if I am flying or light as a feather, I also enjoy feeling the feelings of others. Nowing that if I release this anger I will begin to see beyond what I want. The bigger picture is a much brighter manifestation something benificial for all. I hope this is making sence. Thanks Enlightener I appreciate you bringing this out of me.

Love
cw

daisy
28-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Enigma, Cweiters: Anger is something that you have created, in yourself, possibly because you LIKE being angry. And who could blame it is fun, though on the concious level you see it as a not-so-good thing, deep down you LOVE it.
I'm not a very angry person, but when I do get angry I enjoy it, I enjoy the feeling and it soon passes.
Anger is drama and drama is one of the most juicest things the soul can experience, it is this reason that we do a lot of silly things, it is because we love it, we love the drama, though, again, this is on the soul level, not the mental or physical one.

Enlightener great post enlightener:wink:

hangloose_island_girl
28-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Anger is a big one with me too. It's hard to just let it go but it's definitely a disease that will eat away at you if you let it. Acceptance and forgiveness is big step that I'm working on

Enlightener
29-11-2006, 01:27 AM
great post enlightener:wink:

Stop sucking up to me, I mean it's bad enough that you call me 'sweetie' all the time.

Enlightener

dreamer
29-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Maybe realising that anger attracts more anger might make being angry lose it's appeal?

hangloose_island_girl
29-11-2006, 02:15 PM

Enlightener

I don't agree, I don't enjoy anger. It makes me feel sick and I definitely don't enjoy it on a physical, emotional or spiritual level. Same with drama, drama is just a waste of time

daisy
29-11-2006, 05:55 PM
enlightener i was being sincere

Enlightener
30-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Your approval seeking behaviour is almost as appaling as your lame attempt at humour. And your low self-esteem is warranted.
:)

Enlightener

daisy
30-11-2006, 01:06 AM
message understood

BLAIR2BE
30-11-2006, 03:51 AM
I know how you angry guys feel. I too spent a long time with anger at…everything (anxiety too). One day I stood back and asked myself “why the hell are you angry?” I answered “I don’t know”. So I countered “well, figure it out idiot. You can’t just be angry for the sake of being angry. What’s the cause”. So I thought about it. I made it a habit to dig down to the root of where the anger came from each and every time (also the same technique with anxiety and other “negative” emotions). Now when I become angry or anxious or anything I seek out the root; “what is the core cause of this anger/anxiety whatever?” Usually the core or root of it is not as complicated and intricate as it sometimes seems on the surface. Once I have the SIMPLE core of it “in front of me” it is easy to dispel (or accept). It is when the anger is complicated (too much, too big to deal with) that it is quite difficult to overcome. See, its not that complicated. Someone or something outside of oneself is not anger. The anger/anxiety is our own. So own it! (i realize that sounds like a self help seminar) Root out the core cause of it, talk about why on earth would that cause so much anger (personally i talk to myself), and OWN IT!! It IS yours after all.

BLAIR2BE
30-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Post Script: oh yeah, after ive done this i stretch out my hands and fingures and let the red hate flow out of my hands (or quite possibly im only visualizing this) and walk away from it. if im driving i let the wind suck it out the window;)

Enlightener
30-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Red hate?!

That is etch.

Super-powered demon!,
driving down the freeway with RED HATE flowing out of his hands.

Scribbly Scrubbly.aka meat in a bathtub

(okay i had to edit this (yjank you Auricman) because I have come to the realisation of a number of laws being opposed in this world.) Is two love better than one, or so he thinks. He then remembers that all is one, and realises that there is no seperation between the world, and the following world of man.

Followed my intuittion on that one, almost pushed it too far.

BLAIR2BE
30-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Anger seems to encompass hate. As far as the “hate” being red, this is visualization. The release (or transformation) of energy is not in any way demonic. (I suppose I should have kept my personal visualization to myself as it took away, not added, to my point, it seems). PEACE!!!

BLAIR2BE
30-11-2006, 10:38 PM
by the way enlightener, can you expand on what you are trying to describe??

soul-searcher
01-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Hello Enigma.
I also have some anger issues that I have been dealing with. Recently I have been talking to other people about this. I have gotten a few suggestions such as beating my pillow with a bat, deep breathing, and meditation. I agree that in order to properly deal with it, that you must find the root of the anger, and I also agree that we are our worst enemy. Here is a meditation that I have recently been using to help release some of the anger and negativity, maybe it can help you also......
Start by closing your eyes, taking in some deep breaths, and completly relaxing your mind and body. Next, imagine a hole on the back of your neck (about the size of a pin prick). Vizualise your anger and any negative energy flowing out of this hole (I see it as a dark black liquid). See and feel it flowing out of your body thru this hole, and falling to the ground. Then see the earth soaking up all this negativity, and neutralizing it. Then, vizualise a warm golden energy replacing the negativity, and flowing into the hole in the back of your neck. Feel and see it filling your entire being. Next, take a few more deep breaths, close the hole on the back of your neck, and open your eyes.
I hope this meditation can help you release some of that anger and negativity for you. Good luck....

Lapis
01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Earth to Enlightener......Earth to Enlightener......come back.

Are you OK? It's sounded to me at least like you've been flying too close to the Sun the past few days and I don't want you to get burned and crash. I've just been feeling you for the past week and want you to know we're all here for you. Be careful and throw out your anchor so you don't fly too high OK? :wink:

Big :hug: Lapis

Lapis
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
About this anger stuff......I too went through a really harsh period where I was way beyond anger.....I would suddenly fly into a rage over some stupid *&#*! This was totally abnormal for me personally so I wondered for awhile what was "wrong" with me. Then I realized that nothing was "wrong" with me, it was that I'd just reached some point where I wasn't willing to endure all the lower vibrating **** in myself and everyone else anymore. Harsh I know but I honestly feel that this is what we're all going through now and it has to do with mass humanity taking back it's long relenquished power and responsibility.

If we're angry with how things on this planet are and have been for so long, then our anger and outrage is helping us to change and improve all that desperately needs to be....IMO. Our rage and anger shows I feel, that we're so ready for everything to be better and honest.....worthwhile. Our anger is helping us to create new and greatly improved ways both in ourselves and on the planet. Enough is enough finally.

Enlightener
02-12-2006, 11:02 AM
by the way enlightener, can you expand on what you are trying to describe??

Blair2Be: which part to do want me to expand upon, exactly.

Once you reach a point of enlightenment you realise that there is no need for anger. The root belief that you have that causes you to be angry is gone, and suddenly you realise that the root belief about happiness; what it is, why you have it, has been sown.

Don't worry Lapis; for my ship may fly high,but it is well strong and does not break easily.

Enlightener

Lapis
02-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Enlightener,

I'm very glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know. :smile:

soulauraz
14-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi,
Anger is an intense emotion and it is something we have do deal with and even though on a physical level it cause more pain then help it can be fun sometimes. As for not being able to resolve the issues, You say you have done the exercising 10+ times and do believe that or else you would not be asking for suggestions. Sometimes When I am angry I ask myself why did I decide to be angry and what am I angry about? and the answer comes in divine timing. If you have already done this, then my suggestion (don't have to if you don't want to) is that you take time to do write down your thoughts whilst you are angry and your hand will keep writing things that you consciously didn't know were there within you. i hope this helps in some way.

Unconditional Light and Love,
Soulauraz