PDA

View Full Version : Should Priest's be asked via a rite if they renounce Satan?

OmniRedVT
22-05-2011, 02:01 AM
This matter has been amongst my agenda inquisitively for a while and I absolutely do not mean it to be causal of any disrespect.The Roman Catholic congregation is asked at Easter if it renounces Satan and the glamor of evil and it is asked yearly.I absolutely agree with the yearly rite and have witnessed twice a curious response though have not discussed it via any forum.What is boggling is what I've witnessed at Roman Catholic worship invariably yet never do those worshipping witness the Priest asked if he renounces.That suggests presumption and beyond the 21st. century's revelations there are many things existentially witnessed that innocently and respectfully suggest the deeming of Priest's potentially being asked for renuncitory proclamation.Does anyone have any thoughts concerning the rite and whether Priest's should have a congregationally witnessed rite additionally?Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 9:01 P.M. May 21st.2011.

Bluegreen
23-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Perhaps the priests already did among themselves. Who knows.

I am curious though: What would be gained by it, OmniRedVT?

Mind's Eye
23-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately, many churches have their rites, creeds and prayers... but they have just become words. Preists engage in wrong conduct, cover ups abound and many of the lay people do not live by what they echo in church services or read out of the prayer books.

True change is of the heart, no mere repeating after a preist can make that happen. That is why religion is in so much trouble these days... the empty rituals go on, preformed and spoken without feeling or meaning. An individual needs to live their own spiritual path, not seek salvation in a crowd.

Enya
23-05-2011, 12:10 PM
I would have thought it's inferred through them being priests... you don't get to be a priest unless you denounce... mind you, it would be an interesting way to increase the bond between priest and congregation and maybe tackle those priests who allow their... proclivities to lead them into unhealthy temptations. On the other hand, it's not always had 100% effect on the congregation members who repeat it, has it? :wink:

Cynic? Moi?

Bluegreen
23-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I see your point of it perhaps increasing the bond between priest and congregation. Also, for priests not to denounce satan before the congregation is a kind of favouritism, don't you think? As if they say: we are so devout we do not need to or something like that.

Enya, cynic? You? G-d forbid.

Scibat
23-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Just to throw a little logic into it, a priest has to take on many oaths and go through many rites that the congregation do not. (There is your balance) + Seminary school. Also Catholic priests were at one time, not priests ergo (if they were devout) had to renounce Satan during that time.

This is really a non-issue.

Bluegreen
23-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Just to throw a little logic into it, a priest has to take on many oaths and go through many rites that the congregation do not. (There is your balance) + Seminary school. Also Catholic priests were at one time, not priests ergo (if they were devout) had to renounce Satan during that time.
You gave the solution to Enya's question, I think.

This is really a non-issue.
IMHO, it is an issue for Enya or the question would not have been asked.