PDA

View Full Version : Who are we?why are we here?

soulauraz
26-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum, however, I have the answers to the 2 most frequently asked questions in the world by everyone.

Question #1: Who are we?
Answer: We are energy. Energy tranformed into Human Form. We chose the experience of all that has to do with our lives and we have the power to change ourselves for the better. Your choice, Chocolate or Vanilla?

Question #2: Why are we here?
Answer: This answer is the simplest of answers. We are here to experience life the way we created it. We chose to be here. That is why we are here.

I may only be 19 years old however, I have come to find that my experiences have lead me to where I am now in myself. I... like many others have not yet achieved complete oneness with all things however, I am on that spiritual path.

I have been given guidance and words of wisdom by my angels and support system in other fields of consciousness.

I hope this answers some of those nagging questions.

Unconditional Light and Love to all

Soulauraz

tiltjlp
26-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the forum soulauraz. Since you're new, I would guess that you haven't read our Expanded Forum Rules yet. I've copied a portion of those rules below, for your reference. Take note of the text in red.

Respect: Please respect other members beliefs, opinions, and views. Do not post flames, accusations, taunts, or other personal attacks. We will remove posts that degrade, attack, demean, insult, affront or otherwise injure another person or group's beliefs, views, gender, orientation, etc. Discussions and friendly debates are welcome and encouraged but must remain civil. Opinions need be labeled as such, in order to avoid preaching.

While I'm sure your answers are your personal truth, they may not be valid for everyone. Please edit your post to indicate that your comments are merely your opinion, and not universal truth etched in stone. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

SF Staff Spokesperson

Enlightener
26-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh tiltjip, we can always rely on you to be the lawgiver.

Soulauraz;...hello! I think that most of us here already understand the most 'pressing' questions of the universe. I can see that you are quite evolved, i know that you will be fitting in here.

Love and Light,
Enlightener

dreamer
26-11-2006, 10:46 AM

Love and Light,
Enlightener

lol . . . .

daisy
26-11-2006, 01:02 PM

Love and Light,
Enlightener

and a very good job he does too:wink: i was just about to post similar myself

tiltjlp
26-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Enlightener

I prefer to think of myself as a peace keeper. Range wars aren't much fun, IMNSHO.

John

~Jay~
26-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Nice post Soulauraz. Wish I had your insight at the age of 19.:wink:

chadley
26-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum soulauraz. Since you're new, I would guess that you haven't read our Expanded Forum Rules yet. I've copied a portion of those rules below, for your reference. Take note of the text in red.

Respect: Please respect other members beliefs, opinions, and views. Do not post flames, accusations, taunts, or other personal attacks. We will remove posts that degrade, attack, demean, insult, affront or otherwise injure another person or group's beliefs, views, gender, orientation, etc. Discussions and friendly debates are welcome and encouraged but must remain civil. Opinions need be labeled as such, in order to avoid preaching.

While I'm sure your answers are your personal truth, they may not be valid for everyone. Please edit your post to indicate that your comments are merely your opinion, and not universal truth etched in stone. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

SF Staff Spokesperson

John, IMO you are really going off the deep end here. Get a grip, your going to scare decent people away.

Whether or not something is stated as an opinion isn't going to be a determining factor in whether or not any verbal battle occurs. IT IS THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR ONE'S VIEWS THAT CAUSES THESE FORUM BATTLES TO HAPPEN. If I disrespect you, but place IMO before it, are you any less disrespected? Stating IMO is not a cure for arguments and it is not a requirement for civilized conversation. In addition, in many cases it is not appropriate, because believe it or not, all views are not just opinion and therefore saying so is only false modesty.

Chadley.

daisy
26-11-2006, 10:08 PM
chadley, i have to put my oar in here, imo you're missing the point, if something is stated as fact newcomers may accept other's opinions and beliefs as fact. all john is doing is trying to take the 'this is the absolute truth' factor away from peoples posts so that others may take or leave what they want from each. john is well aware of how disputes arise on forums he's had plenty of experience. we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs but we don't want people blindly accepting our own personal beliefs it is up to each individual to find their own way. our opinions, experiences, advice can help them along, but we musn't allow these to be taken on board because they are stated as fact. i hope that makes sense as john said elsewhere we are merely trying to keep the peace here xx

cweiters
26-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Welcome to SF soulauraz, I am so happy you came to join us I pray you continue to grow on this spiritual path we all share. Here at SF we have mederators to help maintain respect of each others personal beliefs.

As tiltjlp did not mention his position with SF as our (mederator helper) we are happy he is doing such a wonderful job. We all feel strongly about the truths which are constantly being revealed to us. I for one has asked myself the question lately am I breaking the rules when I share my soulful feelings.

"Sharing from my soul make me feel like preaching"

Now I know if ever I get that soulful preachy feeling, I got you tiltjlp, to help me respect my SF family..

soulauraz enjoy the wonderful journey of spirituality.

Love to all
cw

kundalini
26-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Bless you CW...

K.

tiltjlp
26-11-2006, 11:17 PM
John, IMO you are really going off the deep end here. Get a grip, your going to scare decent people away.

Whether or not something is stated as an opinion isn't going to be a determining factor in whether or not any verbal battle occurs. IT IS THE LACK OF RESPECT FOR ONE'S VIEWS THAT CAUSES THESE FORUM BATTLES TO HAPPEN. If I disrespect you, but place IMO before it, are you any less disrespected? Stating IMO is not a cure for arguments and it is not a requirement for civilized conversation. In addition, in many cases it is not appropriate, because believe it or not, all views are not just opinion and therefore saying so is only false modesty.

Chadley.

Chadley, you're entitled to your opinion, as long as you abide by the rules, which you did. Daisy has stated the reason and need for this particular rule quite well two posts above this, so I won't repeat them. If any member feels unable or unwilling to indicate that their comments are merely their personal opinion, I wonder if they have the proper attitude needed to frequent a Spiritual forum and benefit from the experience. False modesty isn't the issue here, avoiding all out flame wars and the bitter insults recent events caused is the issue. While I do agree that lack of respect for other's views and beliefs is the real issue, we can't wave a wand and change that. All we can do is protect new members from being force fed countless and differing "truths". End of discussion.

John

chadley
27-11-2006, 12:57 AM
chadley, i have to put my oar in here, imo you're missing the point, if something is stated as fact newcomers may accept other's opinions and beliefs as fact. all john is doing is trying to take the 'this is the absolute truth' factor away from peoples posts so that others may take or leave what they want from each. john is well aware of how disputes arise on forums he's had plenty of experience. we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs but we don't want people blindly accepting our own personal beliefs it is up to each individual to find their own way. our opinions, experiences, advice can help them along, but we musn't allow these to be taken on board because they are stated as fact. i hope that makes sense as john said elsewhere we are merely trying to keep the peace here xx

Daisy, or whoever, I need some more clarification on your point and this rule. Does this mean that only opinions are allowed on this site? Are all things to be considered opinions? Or is it up to the moderators to determine what can be considered fact and truth or opinion and belief? Or am I mistaken in that I believe absolute truth to exist?

Did you know that if someone reads a post that says something in absolute terms, that person still gets to disregard it or just take it for what it is? Of course you know this. Even if someone is so easily persuaded, there are great safeguards on this forum. And they are blokes like me and angels like you who when they read something that could be misleading to others, they are quick to contradict it or at least offer a different perspective. The reader gets to see all different viewpoints and possible contradictions to those viewpoints, and therein lies the beauty of this forum.

Did Christ ever once say, "in my opinion"? or any spiritual teacher? Maybe, but if so, only when appropriate.

I know you may be saying, "Jan, what's the big deal, just humble yourself and say IMO before everything." Believe me, I completely considered this until I started noticing the frequency in which John was requesting members to modify their posts. It is my opinion that this is an unnecessary restriction that will prevent the level of benefit possible from real discussion.

Daisy, I am not missing the point, I am adamantly disagreeing with it.

Now I know my dispute with the policy is unlikely to change anything, but if you are going to police these new rules, make sure it is even accross the board because last I check Kryon did not start out his/her posts with, "In my opinion".

Chadley.

tiltjlp
27-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Daisy, or whoever, I need some more clarification on your point and this rule. Does this mean that only opinions are allowed on this site? Are all things to be considered opinions? Or is it up to the moderators to determine what can be considered fact and truth or opinion and belief? Or am I mistaken in that I believe absolute truth to exist?

Did you know that if someone reads a post that says something in absolute terms, that person still gets to disregard it or just take it for what it is?
Chadley.

This is the LAST TIME this rule is going to be discussed. What may be an Absolute Truth for you may not be an Absolute Truth for someone else. If a person who joined 5 minutes ago and who has no exposure to Spiritual matters or discussions, they would have no way of knowing what is fact and what is opinion. And when I say opinion, I mean Personal Opinion.

And you're right Chadley, the rule isn't going to disappear, so live with it or don't post. As far as posts that don't conform, since I don't read every post here, I could miss some. Members are free to report any post they feel is a problem. And it's not a matter of humbling yourself, it's a matter of abiding by the rules, and not being so arrogant to think that your own Personal Truth has to be everyone's Personal Truth. And if Jesus were a member here, He would have to abide by the rules just like anyone else. And as I said in my previous post in this thread Chadley, which needs to be taken seriously, End Of Discussion.

John

daisy
27-11-2006, 01:39 AM
no but your truth isn't necessarily thetruth, just as mine isn't nor the next persons
Did you know that if someone reads a post that says something in absolute terms, that person still gets to disregard it or just take it for what it is? i disagree chadley many newcomers and especially our younger ones may just accept that as the truth. however it is the 'preaching element' we have the issue with, there have been problems of late with this. this is where people will not accept others have differing opinions and will insult etc anyone who tries to disagree with their way of thinking, by asking people to slightly re word their posts we believe this will over time eliminate this problem.Of course you know this. Even if someone is so easily persuaded, and there are some who are there are great safeguards on this forum And they are blokes like me and angels like you who when they read something that could be misleading to others,our point precisely chadley which is why we ask for 'imo' or 'i think' they are quick to contradict it or at least offer a different perspective.and this is where the arguements and insults begin The reader gets to see all different viewpoints and possible contradictions to those viewpoints, and therein lies the beauty of this forum. we can have differing opinions and differing viewpoints then without things turning sour, this is exactly what we are aiming for
Did Christ ever once say, "in my opinion"? or any spiritual teacher? Maybe, but if so, only when appropriate. i wouldn't know to be honest
I know you may be saying, "Jan, what's the big deal, just humble yourself and say IMO before everything."not at all chadley you have every right to voice your opinion and ask for clarity Believe me, I completely considered this until I started noticing the frequency in which John was requesting members to modify their posts.for everyones benefit It is my opinion that this is an unnecessary restriction that will prevent the level of benefit possible from real discussion.
as i said you have every right to your opinion, our opinion differs i'm sorry to say, we don't feel it will restrict discussion rather it will free discussion if people are allowed to voice opinions and ideas without fear of insults and all out verbal warfare
Daisy, I am not missing the point, I am adamantly disagreeing with it. that is your right chadley, this is not personal in any way
Now I know my dispute with the policy is unlikely to change anything, but if you are going to police these new rules, make sure it is even accross the board because last I check Kryon did not start out his/her posts with, "In my opinion". chadley i take this comment on board, unfortunately we can't be everywhere at once, i myself was away part of this week and unfortunately there will be some we miss, we are not singling people out just dealing with it as we find it, i will seek out this post of kryons myself you have my word on that. i hope this has helped
Chadley. (message too short???)

dreamer
27-11-2006, 10:15 AM
This is the LAST TIME this rule is going to be discussed. What may be an Absolute Truth for you may not be an Absolute Truth for someone else. If a person who joined 5 minutes ago and who has no exposure to Spiritual matters or discussions, they would have no way of knowing what if fact and what is opinion. And when I say opinion, I mean Personal Opinion.

And you're right Chadley, the rule isn't going to disappear, so live with it or don't post. As far as posts that don't conform, since I don't read every post here, I could miss some. Members are free to report any post they feel is a problem. And it's not a matter of humbling yourself, it's a matter of abiding by the rules, and not being so arrogant to think that your own Personal Truth has to be everyone's Personal Truth. And if Jesus were a member here, He would have to abide by the rules just like anyone else. And as I said in my previous post in this thread Chadley, which which needs to be taken seriously, End Of Discussion.

John

Is that your opinion John or are you in fact forcing this rule in the same way it is supposed to stop opinions being forced "This is the last time this will be discussed" and "End of conversation"lol thats hilarious - you've gotta see the irony in that surely?

Enlightener
27-11-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't think it should be wrong, on these forums, to preach any ideas you have. It is a way of helping others to evolve, and if any arguments arise about the topic that one is 'preaching', that is a good thing, it is a way of sorting ideas.

The main thing you have to keep in mind when reading posts on this forum is that, although people may be sharing THEIR truth, it does not mean that you should take that truth to heart, unless; you have thought or experienced the same concept and thus realise it to be an actual idea that you can follow.

IMO rules are merely restrictions limiting you from experiencing your unlimited self, and the world would be a better place without them. This does not mean we should not have order, that would be chaos.

I think all we are trying to say, Tiltjip, if I may speak for the others here, is that you are being quite ruthless in your ...(forgot the word) of the rules.

I have seen no recent evidence of any misdemeanors or violent arguments, apart from this thread, on this forum. I am sure if something does arise you should attend to it, but all I was hinting at, with my first comment here, was; that you should not be so adament (?) in your preaching of the rules. I am not trying to take you down or hurt your feelings in any way, I am just giving my opinion...IMO IMO!!!

Enlightener

kundalini
27-11-2006, 12:15 PM
This thread is very close to being closed now.

The reason for this is that many members are completely unaware of the problems that moderators have to contend with in the background and why we have to enforce rules in the way that we are now implementing.

As moderators MODERATE, when it comes to those very rules, which could be considered to be LAWS, we do not have to discuss their merits, we enforce them for the benefit of all. However, it is very sad when I see members who should know better chastising moderators alike for their work simply because it does not fit in with their own perspective(s).

As moderators tend to see all the background trouble, this would give us a more widespread perspective on the effectiveness of certain rules, much like this one that we have now about preaching. It is a good rule and it does it's job.

Now, with reference to what Enlightener has said about how he thinks it would be a good idea to allow preaching, the SF Staff strongly disagree. By dismissing the rule against preaching, we would in fact have an extremely large problem with 1-post members posting their views and never discussing them again ( because they do not wish to discuss and rather self-promote ).

Also and I too have seen this in action, some young or vulnerable member will come along and immediately take what a newcomer preacher has to say immediately as gospel and that is also another reason why this rule is in place.

I hope this has answered all your questions,

Kundalini.

Enlightener
27-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Now, with reference to what Enlightener has said about how he thinks it would be a good idea to allow preaching, the SF Staff strongly disagree. By dismissing the rule against preaching, we would in fact have an extremely large problem with 1-post members posting their views and never discussing them again ( because they do not wish to discuss and rather self-promote ).

Also and I too have seen this in action, some young or vulnerable member will come along and immediately take what a newcomer preacher has to say immediately as gospel and that is also another reason why this rule is in place.

I hope this has answered all your questions,

Kundalini.

Fair enough kundalini, I have never been a moderator, and I'm pretty sure I would make a terrible one for the very fact that I would allow preaching, lol.

I remember one of the members here, who is no longer with us, would preach about his religious views. Man was it annoying.

The reason for this is that many members are completely unaware of the problems that moderators have to contend with in the background and why we have to enforce rules in the way that we are now implementing..

Can you tell me some of these problems, PM me if you want, I am keenly interested.

Enlightener

tiltjlp
27-11-2006, 01:53 PM
END OF DISCUSSION. THREAD CLOSED. ANYONE DISCUSSING, DEBATING, OR ARGUING THE RULES ON THE OPEN FORUM OR BY PM TO A STAFF PERSON WILL BE BANNED FOR A WEEK.

SF Staff Spokesperson